Companies have already started hiring freezes and layoffs

F1980

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The recession is coming pretty quick. A shitload of big corporations all around the country have already started hiring freezes and massive layoffs. More companies are soon to follow. Just saw this on the local news.

But theres a great resignation tho

I would assume this is in work from home type tech jobs that have plenty of people, and not in service industry jobs that can't find enough help.

I would assume this is in work from home type tech jobs that have plenty of people, and not in service industry jobs that can't find enough help.
Yeah it seems like the layoffs are mostly in the tech sector; companies that expanded during COVID and are now contracting.

Fortunately I work for a Fintech company that makes more money every time the Fed raises rates.

Yeah it seems like the layoffs are mostly in the tech sector; companies that expanded during COVID and are now contracting.

Fortunately I work for a Fintech company that makes more money every time the Fed raises rates.
Here in Nevada companies can't hire people fast enough. Inflation has driven everything up of course, but wages are also way up from when I moved here in 2018.

There's so much competition for labor you just can't low-ball people. They won't show up.

hopefully with tech companies not hiring a bunch of people that can work from home, it makes buying a house in the suburbs more affordable again.

The recession is coming pretty quick. A shitload of big corporations all around the country have already started hiring freezes and massive layoffs. More companies are soon to follow. Just saw this on the local news.
Provide me with evidence. Employment has been at its greatest since the 80s.

Yeah I joined a new company a year ago, they have been growing steadlly in the last few years but it's been more organic. We're in tech I guess ultimately (data centres) but I can't see demand slowing down for quite some time.

i wonder if any of them found multiple revenue streams while working from home

Back