Commercial about changing the definition of Masculinity

Yep, cause whining about some random commercial is masculine as hell, right?

[<diva2]

lol @ the losers using the lame "whining" tactic as their argument.

Sorry if we offended your movement.

lol @ the losers using the lame "whining" tactic as their argument.

Sorry if we offended your movement.

It’s not the whining part that’s the problem. It’s about the broader picture of these insecure pussies who are trying to use the commercial to puff out their chests and say “this is pussy shit, i’m a real man.”

Is the commercial correct? I don’t think so. But I also am unconcerned with some people trying to redefine what masculine is to fit those who are not masculine. Why? Because I know what masculinity is, and while it’s not that, it also isn’t being so threatened by change that I constantly have to cry about the pussificstion of men, feminism, political correctness, etc., on a message board. Because all of the people who have such an issue with this commercial are the same limp dicks who claim shit like “Amy Schumer is being shoved down outlet throats,” or “transgenders are being shoved down our throats.”

Nothing is being shoved down my throat. And the mere fact that “shoved down our throats” is their go-to metaphor really suggests they’re closeted homosexuals or are at least unsure of their sexuality, which would make sense considering how those who are gay but ashamed of being so are usually the ones most loudly proclaiming their masculinity and heterosexuality.

Alot of triggered bitches in this thread lol. It is a simple discussion on the evolution of words, meanings and social perception.

If watching a short video on social discussion turns you into this much of a whiny bitch- then goto a dictionary and re-read the definitions of 'masculine'.
Exactly. It's a debate about social norms, which never were exactly like people think they were in their minds. Extremely hyperbolic and frankly a little bit pathetic how "triggered" people are getting in here. I don't understand why so many people feel so threatened about their masculinity. Also there's a lot of irony going on in the way that "SJW"s are supposed to be the emotional ones.

I like being "old school" masculine, but I agree that it's more than being aggressive and dominant. To me, the perfect example of masculinity is someone like my dad. Ex-Firefighter and paramedic, hunter, takes responsibility, very logical and intelligent. Yet, he taught me that a "real man" (whatever that is) is not afraid of his emotions, shows compassion and leads by virtue of bringing people together.

This makes me legitimately fucking angry. This is bullshit. You cannot change the definition of a word like that. This is disgusting. The society we live in is a goddamn joke. I wish I could fight these goof ball cunts one by one.
e0c7474e45e0b7f925ce88f479fe6d7c.jpg

35ae59aed7fd5f7ac60448684839914b.jpg

newyorkdolls-56a6cc3f3df78cf772902203.jpg

1216-GQ-FEPR01-01-prince.jpg

village-people-2012-482x298.jpg

Exploring gender roles is hardly something new.

People are so fucking stupid and pin-headed it's unbelievable. How bout instead of doing this commercial, you just shut your fucking yap. Sound good?

why would these pansies try to change the definition of the word? don't people like this just try to say it is a bad thing? so just say "masculinity" is a bad word like "mankind" or "salesman." now we are going to have to learn whole new meanings instead? that isnt going to be easy for us old dudes

Funny thing is an actual masculine dude would probably just shrug in response to every one of these stupid questions.

Interviewer reads the definition of "masculine" that scares all of these femmes. Masculine dude: shrug.

Ten insecure effeminate weirdos go on for ten minutes about how the definition of "masculine" scares and threatens them. Masculine dude shrugs.

Ten insecure effeminate weirdos go on about how being aggressive should no longer be part of the definition of "masculine." They look to the masculine dude to join them. He shrugs. Effeminate dudes probably then get aggressive.

Yeah, they are. And TS is one of them. Only a pussy would be rustled by a commercial like that.
I don't know if I'd use those exact words lol but I agree.... my masculinity is in no way shape or form threatened by this commercial.

masculinity doesn't need to prove itself. you know its there when its there. fake masculine dudes are easy to detect:

Confidence, intelligence, Leadership skills, able to withstand adversity. not overly emotional, and being a good communicator.

fake alphas try to compensate with: ,muscles, bragging, being overly aggressive, buying cars and over the top items.

you either are or you aren't. if you aren't thats fine. but nothing you do will make you truly masculine. its just not in your genetics.

/thread

Confidence, intelligence, Leadership skills, able to withstand adversity. not overly emotional, and being a good communicator.

Dunno about intelligence and being a good communicator being I herently masculine.

You don't need to be masculine to be put off by the slimy social engineering they are attempting to force on people-- that has literally zero to do with it.

They're not even aiming at the older or masculine demographic, they're aiming at the young and impressionable using an ad that simulates false consensus to pressure and manipulate them.

Remember the study that showed that most people won't speak up in classrooms and will even agree with things that are obviously wrong (1+3 =2, things like that) as long as the others in the class are agreeing with the teacher who is presenting the obviously wrong "information"? That's what this is, what they are attempting, and it should piss you off, assuming you have any sense to begin with.

Last edited:
I saw that the other day and it was laughable.

Sounds like something that this queer advocates.

This is what these "woke" losers type these days.

"

She's performing, and he's looking.

Fuck this gay Earth.

Yo if you can't karate chop a tree down then you're a straight up bitch and need to turn your man card in.

Exactly. It's a debate about social norms, which never were exactly like people think they were in their minds. Extremely hyperbolic and frankly a little bit pathetic how "triggered" people are getting in here. I don't understand why so many people feel so threatened about their masculinity. Also there's a lot of irony going on in the way that "SJW"s are supposed to be the emotional ones.

I like being "old school" masculine, but I agree that it's more than being aggressive and dominant. To me, the perfect example of masculinity is someone like my dad. Ex-Firefighter and paramedic, hunter, takes responsibility, very logical and intelligent. Yet, he taught me that a "real man" (whatever that is) is not afraid of his emotions, shows compassion and leads by virtue of bringing people together.

e0c7474e45e0b7f925ce88f479fe6d7c.jpg

35ae59aed7fd5f7ac60448684839914b.jpg

newyorkdolls-56a6cc3f3df78cf772902203.jpg

1216-GQ-FEPR01-01-prince.jpg

village-people-2012-482x298.jpg

Exploring gender roles is hardly something new.

This isn’t exploring gender roles. This is forcing garbage beliefs on everybody.

#NotMyDictionary

You don't need to be masculine to be put off by the slimy social engineering they are attempting to force on people-- that has literally zero to do with it.

They're not even aiming at the older or masculine demographic, they're aiming at the young and impressionable using an ad that simulates false consensus to pressure and manipulate them.

Remember the study that showed that most people won't speak up in classrooms and will even agree with things that are obviously wrong (1+3 =2, things like that) as long as the others in the class are agreeing with the teacher who is presenting the obviously wrong "information"? That's what this is, what they are attempting, and it should piss you off, assuming you have any sense to begin with.
I'm not so sure that this is a more pressing problem today than before. You could argue the opposite is true in some ways. I mean, if you look at the education system, the increasing avaliability of technology and information has pushed the learning towards student centered learning compared to teacher centered. Meaning that autonomy is a bigger part of the learning process and students are reponsible for problem solving and determining what the problem is in the first place. You could argue our changes toward a more self-deterministic society is exactly why people are struggling with their identities so much.

Aren't these people doing exactly that? I mean, being self-deterministic and not following along the path of conformity and traditional "social engineering" (I use that term very carefully)? Thinking for themselves?

I think it's a tad stupid, but there's a few reason why I'm not worried.

1. I'm not afraid of the conversation
2. I don't think impending doom is around the corner, in that sexual identity has always been something that's been debated.
3. We are still biological creatures wired a certain way
4. I like "manly" things and so do most people
5. I actually agree that aggressiveness is not a good definition of masculinity.

Live, and let live. Rhetoric is everywhere. Different agendas are everywhere. We've forced social constructs on the youth since the inception of the nation (peer pressure, social norms). We've defined things for you, and scolded you into accepting that this is the way it is without question or discussion.

Let people express themselves, and pursue their own happiness. This commercial is the equivalent of when people talk to me about being a vegetarian, and I keep eating meat. Your plate looks one way my plate looks another. They're both plates at the end of the day. Do you, and I'll do me.

Why take it as a threat? I do not. I feel they're raising awareness or providing alternatives to what has been the general consensus. Not every man has to be a Jason Statham, or Chris Hemsworth impersonation. Some are actually really bad at it, despite what they think. There is a gray area, and alternatives.

Saw this on ESPN the other day. The fuck is this all about? Bunch of pussies want the definition of the word masculine changed because it doesn't fit them. The definition of words don't change just because they don't describe you.

One of the guy's defines masculine as "being able to smile, being able to cry, being able to love...and be loved"

That describes a lot of things but it doesn't describe the word masculine.

Another's definition "what does it mean to me to be masculine? It's more a question of what does it mean to be human?"

I hate it when dipshits try to be profound. This dude doesn't even know what the fuck he's saying. He's trying to land himself on some girls tumblr as an inspirational quote meme. I can't believe this shit actually airs on television these days.

Hey fella, I asked a question on quora once, and got the answer,....you can be a woman and keep your penis. {<diva}

I'm not so sure that this is a more pressing problem today than before. You could argue the opposite is true in some ways. I mean, if you look at the education system, the increasing avaliability of technology and information has pushed the learning towards student centered learning compared to teacher centered. Meaning that autonomy is a bigger part of the learning process and students are reponsible for problem solving and determining what the problem is in the first place. You could argue our changes toward a more self-deterministic society is exactly why people are struggling with their identities so much.

Aren't these people doing exactly that? I mean, being self-deterministic and not following along the path of conformity and traditional "social engineering" (I use that term very carefully)? Thinking for themselves?

I think it's a tad stupid, but there's a few reason why I'm not worried.

1. I'm not afraid of the conversation
2. I don't think impending doom is around the corner, in that sexual identity has always been something that's been debated.
3. We are still biological creatures wired a certain way
4. I like "manly" things and so do most people
5. I actually agree that aggressiveness is not a good definition of masculinity.

1. It's not a conversation. It's not meant to be 2-way in any respect.
2. It's not even about sexual identity
3. Brainwashed people are not effective or healthy, regardless of their initial wiring
4. Me too, for some things. No one should have to, though. The point isn't about whether manliness is a good thing or not. They're bypassing that to attempt to control the language to exclude it altogether from existing since the former attempt didn't work
5. It's not a correct definition either. Women like aggressive men but the word "aggressive" today has been smeared to imply an "out of control" quality, whereas before it used to equate to "pro-active" and able. The prior (not modern as much) definition is correct and that's what all women (humans and mammals) prefer in male partners, and is the correct natural male instinct to be (or aspire to). They are trying to subvert that for their own ulterior political purposes

1. It's not a conversation. It's not meant to be 2-way in any respect.
2. It's not even about sexual identity
3. Brainwashed people are not effective or healthy, regardless of their initial wiring
4. Me too, for some things. No one should have to, though. The point isn't about whether manliness is a good thing or not. They're bypassing that to attempt to control the language to exclude it altogether from existing since the former attempt didn't work
5. It's not a correct definition either. Women like aggressive men but the word "aggressive" today has been smeared to imply an "out of control" quality, whereas before it used to equate to "pro-active" and able. The previous definition is correct and that's what all women (humans and mammals) prefer in male partners
Jeesh, you're far down the "red pill" rabbit hole huh?

Yes, it's a conversation. We are having one right now. Sexual identity, gender identity, potato, potato. I don't mean sexual orientation. They are talking about what constitutes the masculine and being male. Didn't someone like Prince or Bowie broaden the term masculinity or manliness in a lot of ways? I mean those two dudes were wearing makeup and high heels, very effeminate, and they pulled A LOT of tail. Still the world didn't end and we are not all wearing high heels.

Aggressiveness has always had primarily negative connotations, but it depends on the context.

Who are "they" and exactly which control do "they" have over your life? This is what I don't get. I don't give a fuck what anyone says, I have my own way of being masculine. If someone says that I shouldn't do violent sports, chase tail and be assertive, then I say GTFO, and if someone says that I shouldn't be supportive of LGBT rights, shouldn't be compassionate and should feel threatened by "PC culture" , then I say GTFO too. I know you are worried, but I am honestly not. You are playing right into the identity politics that you hate. Don't worry bud, we are plenty of people who like embrace the same manly qualities as you. If a few other people do not, the sky wont start falling down.

Every man looked like Don Frye until about 6 years ago TBH, I can see why some people find this video disturbing. Following this pattern in a few years, every guy will dress like Boy George

Back