Coming from a Jones fan...he went too far last night

"There's nothing you can do to stop me, Daniel Cormier. There's absolutely nothing you can do. You said you could take me down 100 out of 100 times, right? That's what you're going to do, right? I challenge you to get me down five times in that five-round fight. You won't be able to do that. Maybe you will get me down once."

Jones called it.

because Jones is more impartial about his own fighting abilities than the majority of sherdoggers.

The overwhelming majority of ppl that post here have 0 ability to be impartial and it's even more obvious when Jon Jones becomes the topic.

Jon is always a love-hate relationship.
Yesterday I was praising him for beating DC the way he did. then he had those antics at the post fight interview. I let it off as he was just out of the heat of battle.

But then at the presser, at the end, he crossed the line again. classless.

It is just amazing how a guy this good can push people who want to cheer for him by showing to be such a terrible human being.

Love his skills. His mouth though makes it impossible for me to become a fan.

Antics? He answered questions honestly. Classless at the presser? I thought he was well-spoken and honest. DC talked a LOT of trash, to the victor goes the spoils. A terrible human being? You guys need to take step back with the hyperbole and chill.

Jones whupped dat ass. Then he whupped it again after the fight. Suck it, haters!

I guess it depends on what kind of person each individual fan is. If you are the type person who enjoys kicking people while they are down then I suppose you would have no problem with Jones doing it.

I thought it was a bit unnecessary imo. DC wouldn't have done that. He wouldn't have gone over and hugged it out but he would have given Jones praise as a fighter and as a champion.

Jon is always a love-hate relationship.
Yesterday I was praising him for beating DC the way he did. then he had those antics at the post fight interview. I let it off as he was just out of the heat of battle.

But then at the presser, at the end, he crossed the line again. classless.

It is just amazing how a guy this good can push people who want to cheer for him by showing to be such a terrible human being.

Love his skills. His mouth though makes it impossible for me to become a fan.

LOL
this is from a guy with a rousimar palhares avatar. yeah true class act there

Jones fan not liking Jones. DC fans encouraging Jones. What kind of fucked up thread is this?

Nothing as bad as Jones getting punched at after the horn. It was a lot worse than Aldo/Mendes 2 in the sense of how late it was, and I'm pretty sure DC heard the bell, but OK. I guess talking shit and making a DX sign is worse?

Jon Jones just broke into a different dimension of UFC. I always enjoy fighters being physically beaten but being able to mentally defeat a fighter adds much more to mma fighters. Last night showed Jon Jones is the future of MMA.

You are what is wrong with MMA in the US nowadays.

I cant stand Jones, but I didn't see a big deal with anything he did last night, unless I missed something.

shows that none of this was fake, so i like it...

From my post on the "good guy vs bad guy" thread.

"Bad guy vs good guy might be a little extreme when it comes to MMA.
Can "bad guys" exist? Of course(Hitler, Osama, sociopaths, liars, etc).
Those kinds if people do bad things.

Idk what word to use to describe Jones, but he's just more of a shitty person. Not the kind of guy I would want as a role model for my kid. He may have the athleticism & skills of greats like GSP & A.Silva, but he definitely lacks their good characteristics. (Think maturity)
Chalk it up to being a young champ, which makes it more likely to lack things like humility, empathy, sportsmanship, & instead is the kind of guy(kid) to have unbridled pride, hubris, snark, sarcasm, anger, & resentment.

Does that make him bad? Probably not. But it does it make him a prime candidate for a lot of resentment from the public.
For being the GOAT, the guy has a lot of anger & hostility, a guy who feels he still has something to prove despite having done so already. There's no doubt the guy could use some therapy and self-analysis.
Anyways, my point is, he may not be the good natured fighter that Silva is, GSP is, Cain, Weidman, etc are, (in fact, he can be grouped in w/ the angry-rough around the edges group of fighters like Ronda, Chael, & Brock) but does it make him the Bad Guy?
I don't think so.
I think it just makes him a troubled guy w/ a lot of issues like the rest of us."

Edit: alot of ppl seem to like jones for being authentic, "not phony", & so are applauding him for it, for being himself. That's well and all, but showing your real side & how nasty it really is doesnt count as much of an improvement in my book. I'll stick with the GSP's & andersons.

Any other time I would have agreed with you TS but Cormier has brought this on himself.

When you talk big and don't perform, this is what happens.

I have no problem with what Jones did. He would have been labeled as a fake phoney if he shook his hand or apologized for his actions.

Shoop that crying Daniel!

So the two options are ... shake hands / apologize, or crotch chop / say he hopes he's crying in a corner ?

What about ... just not shake his hand, say he was the better man, and leave it at that ?

Jones fan not liking Jones. DC fans encouraging Jones. What kind of fucked up thread is this?

Oh I still like Jones. Dude is incredible and his fights are intense. I just can't really defend him any longer when people call him a bad person because he showcased all of that last night. He didn't just showcase how flawed of a person he is he completely threw it in everyone's face lol.

Apart of me respect him for going 100% to the darkside with no apologies but he is on the darkside nonetheless.

I had no problem with the last punch Jones threw. He started celebrating early, which, while kind of a dick move, wasn't something Cormier had to take lying down. But Cormier inexplicably stands up like the fight was over. Jones let him know it wasn't until the bell. Lapse of concentration on Cormier's part, after all, "protect yourself at all times".

The part I didn't like was the "crotch chop". Once the bell rings, and you won the fight, be classy. Most fighters have the class to shake hands and let it go at that point. Jones usually does too, but last night, he chose to rub it in. Poor sportsmanship.

It's a fight for goodness sake, quit being so sensitive. DC's getting his comeuppance. After the fight they can be friends.

I see a pattern emerging for Jones' opponents. It's best to fly under Jones' radar and not get him really pissed off. He's a bad man.

I see a pattern emerging for Jones' opponents. It's best to fly under Jones' radar and not get him really pissed off. He's a bad man.

This is very true. He is a bad man. But that says nothing about him as a person which is what the thread is about.

Back