Coming from a Jones fan...he went too far last night

Probably following Ronda's example.

What are you talking about, TS? It was DC who himself said he wanted to not just win the fight but rid MMA of Jon Jones and ruin his career forever. I for one wouldn't let something like that just slide. DC had it coming.

DC was trashtalking like crazy, he is man enough to take it whats coming from jones. Are you?

Would be wise to take a cue from his teammate, who does all of his talking in the cage.
That's the smartest approach, really.

Now that's not to say that I blame Cormier for talking-- of course you want to promote your fight. However, there is also the post-promotion, and that's exactly what Jones is doing. Sometimes you have to eat your crow, and with all respect to Cormier, he did that. Hopefully he will be back stronger and better.

You're making it sound like he spit in his face or pushed him after the fight. Cormier was nothing but disrespectful leading up to the fight. He got what he had coming.

Totally correct.

And the Jones remark: "I know if he would have won, he would have been up here, talking all types of trash," couln't be more accurate.

I'm still a major JBJ fan. It is comical the haters here.

I did not see the post fight conference so I cannot comment.

JBJ wins the biggest fight of his career, and Rogan begins the in octagon post fight interview with "we don't have much time Jon" to start the Funking interview?

Why should Jon utter a "respectable" syllable for Rogan given this lead in.

By far the least respectable person in the Octagon post fight was Joe Rogan. If you don't have tome for a post fight interview, don't F'ing do it A hats!

Poor Herb Dean. After DC gets trashed in the 4th a 5th rounds, the final bell rings, and DC still can't catch JBJ, so he punches Herb in the face instead. He should be extremely heavily fined and suspended for a year, and possibly banned from MMA for life and prosecuted given his illegal antics in the Octagon.

DC punching a 50 year old referee after the bell is "respectful"?

Jon and Herb were the only to "respectable" people in the Octagon.

As poor of a sport as DC showed, I still would bet the house on him vs. Herb if he decided to go back into fighting MMA again.

Just look at when the ref said touch gloves just b4 the fight started. Jones was the first to extend his gloves to touch and Cormier was very reluctant to touch. Just shows Jones might portray the bad guy image to sell PPV's but he is the more respectful fighter out of the 2.

After DC destroyed Cummins he said in the interview he was not gonna kick a man who is already down. Jones is different. Athletic greatness doesn't stop you from being a very poor human being, I guess.

It's funny how a lot of people here say awful stuff about Jones, pure insults. Cormier insults him for years, saying he wants to spit on Jones' face. Jones gets hundreds of insults per day, and after he beats Cormier and all of you bullies, you demand him to be respectful towards you. You guys are poor hypocrite losers, all of you bullies, imagine the bad things you wouldve said about Jones if he lost that fight. You hyenas are waiting him to lose so you can say awful things about him.

#andstill

The whole thing just felt dysfunctional, and abusive. Both guys lost their minds and should do a lot of work on themselves for the sake of their children.

I think that beef was more personal than they showed. Cormier was talking alot of trash. I think he deserves it. I love how Jones is taking up the villain role i think its dope. Hit him the the old X-Pac suck it taunt at the end that was epic.

If Jones had lost that fight Cormier would have been shitting on him and all of you people trying to take the moral high ground would be ripping into him like Vultures. Thinking Jones has to be nice to Cormier, and any other detractors, after this is the attitude of a petulant child. When you goad and insult someone before a competition and they beat you, you take your lumps like a man.

I'm sorry OP but I disagree.. Daniel said he wanted to mentally break Jon and make him essentially quit the sport. Payback is payback, and I was rooting for DC. He should use it as fuel and train even harder and hopefully have Cain in his camp and try again in 2016.

This is coming from someone who has consistently defended Jones. This comes from someone who completely embraces the villians, the showboaters, the trash talkers, the trolls, the occassionally classless. I have cheered on his darkside transformation over the past couple of years and have gotten a major kick out of his behavior at times. I've railed against the Jones haters time and time again.

With that said...

When a man like DC is completely broken mentally and physically you don't kick him that hard when he is that down. I mean that is just wrong. Its not enough for Jones to win the MMA battle with DC. No, he is trying pull up permenant residence in DC's mind and drive him mad.

You have to have ultimate respect for Jones as a fighter and "deal with it" until someone beats him I suppose. But last night he forever gave credence to those who have been calling him a horrible human being for years. I don't hate the guy or wish for his downfall but you really can't defend him on that front any longer.

Thank you.

That was reallllllllllly low of him. I also dislike him putting his arms up at the end of the fight, then turning around and swinging at DC... also a dick move although time was still going so it's legal. Still dirty. But whatever.

I was never a big fan of DC but I am now, especially with how candid he was at the press conference, dude was almost in tears and very choked up... I could tell how much it meant to him. Hoping he comes back stronger.

For Jones to beat a man while he's down like that... that's just poor.

I was pulling for Cormier, and I thought he had a really good chance. But I have to hand it to Jones, that was not just a dominant performance, it was cruel. He beat DC the exact way DC beat everyone he ever fought.

I think my good friend Niccolo Machiavelli sums it up best:

Actually I disagree and say you absolutely verbally destroy the man who talked countless shit about you for months, try to convince him to stop fighting and doubt his abilities even.

I'd do it in a heartbeat and DC deserves all of it.

DC is classless but people are too busy fixating on every breath that Jones breathes to see any of the bullshit DC says/does.

This. DC called Jon "the scum of the earth" Jon has every right

Back