Coming from a Jones fan...he went too far last night

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TheComebackKid, Jan 4, 2015.

1. TheComebackKid

TheComebackKid Titanium Belt

This is coming from someone who has consistently defended Jones. This comes from someone who completely embraces the villians, the showboaters, the trash talkers, the trolls, the occassionally classless. I have cheered on his darkside transformation over the past couple of years and have gotten a major kick out of his behavior at times. I've railed against the Jones haters time and time again.

With that said...

When a man like DC is completely broken mentally and physically you don't kick him that hard when he is that down. I mean that is just wrong. Its not enough for Jones to win the MMA battle with DC. No, he is trying pull up permenant residence in DC's mind and drive him mad.

You have to have ultimate respect for Jones as a fighter and "deal with it" until someone beats him I suppose. But last night he forever gave credence to those who have been calling him a horrible human being for years. I don't hate the guy or wish for his downfall but you really can't defend him on that front any longer.

2. filthynumber1

filthynumber1 Silver Belt

He was cool at the post fight presser, was just still a lil heated in the octagon. All g

3. GrindingANARCHY

GrindingANARCHY Banned Banned

I have no problem with what Jones did. He would have been labeled as a fake phoney if he shook his hand or apologized for his actions.

Shoop that crying Daniel!

4. liquidfire

liquidfire Purple Belt

Jon Jones just broke into a different dimension of UFC. I always enjoy fighters being physically beaten but being able to mentally defeat a fighter adds much more to mma fighters. Last night showed Jon Jones is the future of MMA.

5. colafan

colafan Orange Belt

Naw I might have a little more empathy for Cormier if he didn't do so much trash-talking and make such grandiose claims leading up to the fight.

You win some you lose some.

As for Jones I respect him for not turning it all into an afterschool special after the fight. It showed the rivalry was real and not contrived.

6. Daveb

Daveb Purple Belt

" the winner gets to talk the loser has to shut up and walk away" Renzo Gracie

7. Kelman

Kelman Banned Banned

I thought he was a bit of an asshole at the post-fight presser, saying he was the king of the grind etc. He won the fight, no need to try and bash the beaten man. But if that's what he wants to do, fair enough. It's over to Gus and Rumble and Velasquez to try and shut the guy up now.

8. vkram

vkram Brown Belt

Don't see what Jones has done wrong. DC was trash talking before the fight, and said he wants to put JJ's career in a tailspin. Jones won, and said that he doesn't feel sorry for Cormier because if DC won he would do the exact same thing (which I think he would). Please tell me what you think Jones has done wrong?

9. Ghos

Ghos Blue Belt

Daniel Cormier is a professional fighter, Olympic wrestler, and has been talking shit to Jones for months. If he can't take a post-fight insult maybe he should go build doll houses.

But he won't do that, because DC is a badass. It's that all the Jones haters are whiny babies who get upset that a cage fighter isn't Ghandi. Cry more.

10. strawberry

strawberry Brown Belt

Even as someone who was rooting for and favoring DC going into last night, I disagree. DC talked an awful lot of mess going into this one. He dug his own grave. Would be wise to take a cue from his teammate, who does all of his talking in the cage.

11. Post Crisis

Post Crisis Professional Shit-poster

Our champion.

12. chinarice

chinarice Gold Belt

Actually I disagree and say you absolutely verbally destroy the man who talked countless shit about you for months, try to convince him to stop fighting and doubt his abilities even.

I'd do it in a heartbeat and DC deserves all of it.

DC is classless but people are too busy fixating on every breath that Jones breathes to see any of the bullshit DC says/does.

13. FlexBelt

FlexBelt Orange Belt

You're making it sound like he spit in his face or pushed him after the fight. Cormier was nothing but disrespectful leading up to the fight. He got what he had coming.

14. Shaddows

Shaddows Steel Belt

Jon is always a love-hate relationship.
    Yesterday I was praising him for beating DC the way he did. then he had those antics at the post fight interview. I let it off as he was just out of the heat of battle.

But then at the presser, at the end, he crossed the line again. classless.

It is just amazing how a guy this good can push people who want to cheer for him by showing to be such a terrible human being.

Love his skills. His mouth though makes it impossible for me to become a fan.

15. Trishdadish

Trishdadish Green Belt

DC made the fight personal and This is the results. So in your eyes Jones should just ignore and turn the other cheek from all the taunts and jabs from DC(and his crew) In time his feelings will change, it did with Rashad.

16. JayPrimo

JayPrimo Blue Belt

But isn't that what DC intentions were also? He wanted to "rid mma of jon jones" by making him rethink his entire course of life.

how can anyone be upset if Jones actually accomplisged it himself

17. KrPlud

KrPlud Brown Belt

It's only a matter of time till Gus whoops Jones' little boy @ss again. Then, Jones can just walk away for good.

18. TrainingAdict

TrainingAdict Orange Belt

Lol DC got what he deserved.

Talked so much trash Jon Jones just shoved that trash back in DC's face. Broken or not, who cares.

19. GrindingANARCHY

GrindingANARCHY Banned Banned

"There's nothing you can do to stop me, Daniel Cormier. There's absolutely nothing you can do. You said you could take me down 100 out of 100 times, right? That's what you're going to do, right? I challenge you to get me down five times in that five-round fight. You won't be able to do that. Maybe you will get me down once."

Jones called it.

20. CostumedExtrmst

CostumedExtrmst Banned Banned

You're in his thread talking about him. He doesn't need you as a fan. He still has a hold on you.