Comic Book Discussion thread Vol. 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last novel, Wolverine's Revenge, Logan is now hunting the people who sent him to hell and had his body possessed. He eventually finds them but they've actually cleverly set a much bigger trap for him, which ends up in a surprise shocking ending! I won't spoil it for you guys... :)

Ah yes, I've read that one. This was after he comes back from hell.

Great plot twist at the end.

Just finished Lobster Johnson: The Burning Hand. Very cool Pulp Noir from the Hellboy/BPRD Universe.

16252.jpg

This is LJ's second TPB, the first one was The Iron Prometheus.
The_Iron_Prometheus_2.jpg

They were both awesome, I highly recommend them both.

For those that aren't familiar with Lobster Johnson:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobster_Johnson
Lobster Johnson is a fictional character featured in the Hellboy and Bureau For Paranormal Research and Defense comic books published by Dark Horse Comics. He was created by Mike Mignola.
Within the Hellboy universe, Lobster Johnson was a vigilante who worked in secret in New York City during the 1930s. Although the public believes that The Lobster was only the hero of pulp serials and comics, he was a real man who faced gangsters as well as paranormal threats. The Lobster had a reputation for violence, such as killing mobsters and burning his trademark lobster claw symbol into their foreheads with the palm of his gloved hand. This behavior was similar to the Marvel UK pulp character Night Raven, and the pulp magazine hero The Spider.

LJ made his first appearance as a very potent ghost in Hellboy: Conquerer Worm (one of my favorite HB stories!).

Can't wait!

It's been mediocre so far but I loved the cliffhanger for Batman #15.

I'll buy it tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback.

Did you get it? i like the story arc i just didnt like issue 15 for some reason. Let me know what you thought about the issue

Did you get it? i like the story arc i just didnt like issue 15 for some reason. Let me know what you thought about the issue

Haven't had time. I'll try to pick it up tonight after work.

I've been disappointed with the story arc so far so maybe it'll have an opposite effect on me.

i just finished garth ennis's last arc on punisher: valley forge, valley forge. i have now read all his punisher material with the exception of the first to last tpb which is a collection of one shots that i will pick up when i come across it. i think the best volumes were in the beginning and valley forge, valley forge. it was fun to see how much of his stuff was used for the movies including the welcome back frank marvel knights arc. i also read aaron's punisher max which was entertaining but borrowed heavily from what ennis established with his run. never thought i would spend so much time and money on the punisher but it was worth it.

has anyone checked out the crow: skinning the wolves. it's being publised by idw and was written by james o'barr the creator of the original. i usually ignore anything crow related but after reading that o'barr was writing and that the crow ressurected a holocaust victim for revenge on nazis in a concentration camp my mind was blown. the art isn't bad but is a little cartoony but it will only be a 3 issue series so it's not a big cash drain. the first two issues are available now and i have enjoyed them.

I started reading The New X-Men.

all-new-x-men-11.jpg

I'm digging it. I also think this might be a great vehicle to reboot the series a bit.

Finished the first story arc of the new Aquaman. He is definitely not the pansy from my childhood. Great art. Gotta get my butt in gear and get caught up to the current issues.

So let me get this?

Crisis on Infinite Earths led to New Earth.
Flashpoint led to New 52.

So are we back to multiple Earths? Or is it still one?

Multiple, it's been noted a few times, and now that Earth-2 and World's Finest goes more into detail

plus Wally West is rumored to make his presence but with consequences in DC Universe Presents #19

dcuprecv19.jpg

Did anybody read Rick Remenders Punisher stuff? I mentioned it in the last thread but nobody responded :-(

I just picked up Avengers vol. 3 and X-men Schism. Hope they're legit

Multiple, it's been noted a few times, and now that Earth-2 and World's Finest goes more into detail

plus Wally West is rumored to make his presence but with consequences in DC Universe Presents #19

dcuprecv19.jpg

Just a flesh wound.

I started reading The New X-Men.

all-new-x-men-11.jpg

I'm digging it. I also think this might be a great vehicle to reboot the series a bit.

I just wanna see how past selves interact with future selves. and how is this going to handle knowing she's dead.

also want happen to Bobby? he keeps asking where his future self is and I don't know

i just picked up 8 tpbs from a local bookstore among them ultimates vol 1 and 2, the new generation and gods and monsters. I also got avengers disassembled, avengers prime, terror inc., and super soldier. they were 5 bucks a piece.:cool:

i just picked up 8 tpbs from a local bookstore among them ultimates vol 1 and 2, the new generation and gods and monsters. I also got avengers disassembled, avengers prime, terror inc., and super soldier. they were 5 bucks a piece.:cool:

Were they used? How's that work? Usually what 20 a pop, rite?

I finally picked it up.

I think this is th best issue from the Joker arc. I like the beatdown Bats put on the rogue gallery cans. I didnt like how he got stopped by the door, it killed the momentum and he looked like a fool AGAIN.

Also didnt like how Joker just dumped all the villains afterwards. Overall I still liked it because Batman had enough and kicked everyones ass.

Id give it a B+ with the rest of the issues a B- or C+.

What didnt you like about the issue?

Were they used? How's that work? Usually what 20 a pop, rite?

I got lucky and they were having a sidewalk clearance sale. the retail should've been around $130.00 I spent like $42.35. I was actually going to pick-up the ultimates and terror inc. for regular price at my local comic shop which would've been over $40 by themsleves.

I got lucky and they were having a sidewalk clearance sale. the retail should've been around $130.00 I spent like $42.35. I was actually going to pick-up the ultimates and terror inc. for regular price at my local comic shop which would've been over $40 by themsleves.

Awesome! I guess there's still some good in the world.

on a side note- you must feel like you pulled the biggest heist, looking over your shoulder and whatnot, half expecting someone to come up and tell you "sorry that transaction was not legal, come with me please". That's how I'd feel

it helps that i live in baltimore where you can't throw a rock without hitting a comic book shop or bookstore. i bought garth ennis's run on punisher, 1-4 tpb of preacher and whedons astonishing x-men for 40% off at a new years sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back