Comic Book Discussion thread Vol. 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else watch Superman vs. The Elite? Without any hyperbole, it's one of the greatest superhero movies I've seen, and a perfect way to reintroduce Superman into the "modern world." Great voice acting, action, and characters. The ending kind of stinks a little, but everything else is top notch.

u should read the comic book it was based off of

Action Comics 775: "Whats so funny about Truth, Justice, and the American Way?"

the original storyline puts the watered down movie plot to complete and utter shame, the only good parts of the movie are that which they left unedited from the comic

this story is up there with old man logan for me

Just got my hands on Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, what are peoples opinions on this?

best run since claremont pretty much shaped what we know of as the current x-men. in my opinion of course.

Last edited:
I need help at identifying a comic. I'm not sure if it's DC or Marvel.

The event is about villains becoming superheroes, but the superheroes think there is a hidden agenda behind it.

Thanks.

sounds a little like Justice, but I'm not exactly sure if that's what you're thinking about

I need help at identifying a comic. I'm not sure if it's DC or Marvel.

The event is about villains becoming superheroes, but the superheroes think there is a hidden agenda behind it.

Thanks.

maybe the original Thunderbolts

the original storyline puts the watered down movie plot to complete and utter shame, the only good parts of the movie are that which they left unedited from the comic

Gore/violence aside, what's so watered down?

with all the marvel movies in the works does anyone think namor at least gets an appearance. with doctor strange being made and the hulk getting alot of love after avengers all you'd have to do is give valkyrie an appearance in thor 2 and you'd have the defenders line-up. defenders were kind of a joke because they were composed of heroes who had their titles cancelled but that is still an awesome line-up.

carl urban would make a boss Namor. i understand why the invaders were retconned from the cap movie but i think there are alot of ways namor could be introduced.

I think the Defenders would tank. Marvel is getting to a point of "too much of a good thing"

I wouldn't mind Namor making an Avengers cameo. Some sort of global conflict where Atlantis needs to make its presence known.

Imperious Rex!!!

the funny thing about the Defenders is the comic title never really seemed to sustain an audience

it's like people didn't want Avengers lite

I think the Defenders would tank. Marvel is getting to a point of "too much of a good thing"

I wouldn't mind Namor making an Avengers cameo. Some sort of global conflict where Atlantis needs to make its presence known.

Imperious Rex!!!

it's hard to say. i guess we will get a better feel for what marvel is capable of with the b-listers once guardians of the galaxy, doctor strange, and ant man are released. i wonder if realizing namor's underwater kingdom of atlantis would be too difficult to create on film. he would be great in that he is not a hero or villian and that could make him an interesting addition to the marvel movieverse. IMPERIOUS REX!!! damn that feels good to yell.

i also wonder if fox or whoever owns the movie rights to the fantastic four and silver surfer have the rights to namor because he was involved in alot of ff storylines.

I'm not sure if I missed anything but I thought the story was exactly the same. I even felt like they added some things into the movie (like the ship).

carl urban would make a boss Namor. i understand why the invaders were retconned from the cap movie but i think there are alot of ways namor could be introduced.

My vote is for the Rock as Namor.

the funny thing about the Defenders is the comic title never really seemed to sustain an audience

it's like people didn't want Avengers lite

They never worked because it was so forced. There isn't one incarnation that made sense.

Hulk, Namor, Dr. Strange?
+/- Silver Surfur, Valkyrie, Black Knight...Hellcat? So bad.

i also wonder if fox or whoever owns the movie rights to the fantastic four and silver surfer have the rights to namor because he was involved in alot of ff storylines.

IMO, Namor should belong to the FF.

My vote is for the Rock as Namor.

They never worked because it was so forced. There isn't one incarnation that made sense.

Hulk, Namor, Dr. Strange?
+/- Silver Surfur, Valkyrie, Black Knight...Hellcat? So bad.

i could see the rock as namor but i think he would make a better Gladiator(the shiar dude with the supes skillset and mohawk).

let me try to finish this off

I think Namor is with Universal which has to be with Marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back