• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comic Book Discussion Thread Vol. 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Recent is this ?

2003/2004

JLA_Avengers_Vol_1_1_Wrap_Around.jpg

Perez even sneaked in his old promo art from the 80's when it was originally suppose to happen

jla_av_cov.jpg

jlaavengers1.jpg

Read I Kill Giants and Four Eyes today, both by Joe Kelly. Both really good, especially I Kill Giants.

That on Netflix?

finally the book the masses have clamoring

LONGSHOT In.................
LONGSHOTSAVESTHEMARVELUNIVERSE_1_COVER.jpg

LONGSHOT SAVES THE MARVEL UNIVERSE

Last edited:
can you guys recommend some comics for me? I've never really read comics and want to start getting into it. Preferably Marvel, but I'm willing to try new things. Thanks.

can you guys recommend some comics for me? I've never really read comics and want to start getting into it. Preferably Marvel, but I'm willing to try new things. Thanks.

You picked probably the worst company to get into comics since their continuity stretches back for years and years. That being said I would suggest you check out their Marvel NOW! titles. They were created to make it easier for new readers to jump right in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_NOW!

Anybody getting their comics digitally? I'm probably the last guy in the world to not have a tablet but with the infant at home and only having so many hands free it's looking pretty good. I'm not a huge collector. I have roughly a dozen long boxes and only about two of them are bagged properly or in any kind of order.

Ocean makes a great point, there's a lot to get into with that.

I've really just started getting back into comics. I've read through Walking Dead Compendiums 1 and 2 and will be reading Kick Ass Volume 1 here shortly. Thinking about picking up the Assassins Creed books and Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero.

Anybody getting their comics digitally? I'm probably the last guy in the world to not have a tablet but with the infant at home and only having so many hands free it's looking pretty good. I'm not a huge collector. I have roughly a dozen long boxes and only about two of them are bagged properly or in any kind of order.

everything I've read lately has been either digital or a scan

You picked probably the worst company to get into comics since their continuity stretches back for years and years. That being said I would suggest you check out their Marvel NOW! titles. They were created to make it easier for new readers to jump right in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_NOW!

So Marvel NOW! titles are basically just familiar superheroes that have been revamped with new story plots?

So Marvel NOW! titles are basically just familiar superheroes that have been revamped with new story plots?

No they're not revamped. Just new volumes or new titles all together.

191206_slide.jpg

Any of you guys know who the artist is that drew the above superman picture?

is this a quiz or are you trying to find out because you want to know?

IMO these are some books that are great to read from Marvel and great books to give people who haven't formally been introduced to the universe.

J Michael Straczynski Amazing Spider Man collection
spidey-by-jms-ultimate-vol-1.jpg

Brain Bendis Avengers Disassembled
avengers-disassembled.jpg

Than you should read New Avengers vol #1-#2 by Brian Bendis

_new-avengers-vol-1-breakout-1337769913.jpg

Which goes into House of M

houseofm_thumb.JPG

Last edited:

Sort of a fresh start after the Huge event that was X-men vs Avengers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back