Comic Book Discussion Thread V.17

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/comic-book-discussion-thread-v-17.3209393/

oxu7etcvqrzbuzmzhc9p.png

Read Wytches by Scott Snyder. Pretty good horror comic. A family with a dark secret moves to rural New Hampshire to try to start over, but they're set upon by evil forces. Not wholly original, but it was fun with decent art. I don't know that it will continue into a series, but the story, imo, had steam enough for the one arc.

just re-read COPRA: Round One after ordering Round Two and Three, and damn that comic is so good.

just read the first (and sadly only, for now) TPB of Orc Stain by James Stokoe and loved it. it's too bad the series is being produced so slowly, but i understand the delays for a comic being made by one man. it's got the great world building of my beloved Prophet (although more concentrated on one world), great characters, fantastically detailed art, and great distinctive use of color. it reminds me a lot of Prophet, both in the detailed art and world building, and it reminds me of the "vulgarity" of Brandon Graham's work. normally i don't think i would enjoy that kind of thing, but Graham and Stokoe fit it well into the worlds they create, and use it with effective humor.

also really makes me want to check out Stokoe's stuff in Godzilla.

18j26lcq8myb7jpg.jpg

Anyone keeping up with the Star Wars and Vader comic books.

Both are good. The "rebel prison" storyline is off to a strong start.

If you hate powerful women don't read this book. The book is headlined by 3 women.. Leia, Sana Solo (black woman gasp) and Dr Aphra.

anyone here know where i can read the luna brother's ''girls'' online?

comixology? not sure if it would be free though@liquid snake.

About to read Cosmonauts and Black Science Vol 1...anyone read these?

Excited about DC Rebirth, anyone else looking forward to it?

Esp Future Quest!!!

Anyone keeping up with the Star Wars and Vader comic books.

Both are good. The "rebel prison" storyline is off to a strong start.

If you hate powerful women don't read this book. The book is headlined by 3 women.. Leia, Sana Solo (black woman gasp) and Dr Aphra.
I'm about 3 issues behind Vader. The only comics I'm up to date with is the TMNT-Batman crossover and the main Batman line.

comixology? not sure if it would be free though@liquid snake.

About to read Cosmonauts and Black Science Vol 1...anyone read these?

Excited about DC Rebirth, anyone else looking forward to it?

Esp Future Quest!!!

Black Science is good.

East Of West is my current favorite title because of the Western setting and crazy characters. Been buying more TPB than single issues - more organized.

I'm about 3 issues behind Vader. The only comics I'm up to date with is the TMNT-Batman crossover and the main Batman line.

Catch up on those Star Wars so we can chat about it.

They're still the best books marvel is putting out

All I want to say in this thread is Batman Vs Supes Dawn of Justice is a visual and sound spectacle. Its better than any Marvel movie ever.

Black Science is good.

East Of West is my current favorite title because of the Western setting and crazy characters. Been buying more TPB than single issues - more organized.
I buy volumes as well, unless i'm collecting issue #1 and onwards.

I'll check out that title.
Anyone read birthright?

Anyone read the Ultimates? Is Rocafort rotating with a new artist? This new guy isn't bad by any means but the art isn't fitting the tone of the book.

:eek:

Well I finally got caught up with Doc Strange, Injection, and Ultimates up to the artist switch.

And Old Man Logan is bad ass.

:eek:

Well I finally got caught up with Doc Strange, Injection, and Ultimates up to the artist switch.

And Old Man Logan is bad ass.
How has Strange been? It was sort of turning me off last I read. Felt more like Robert Downey Jr, Douchebag Supreme than Doc Strange.

I think I've only read an issue of Saga the past couple of months.
I'll charge up the iPad and see if there is anything I missed that might rekindle the addiction.

Strange is fun, but yeah, you can tell there's been a sort of dynamic change to probably reflect the cinematic Strange better.

Heard Marvel's banking on Cumberbatch being the new "RDJ/Iron Man" kinda center to the MCU.

Old Man Logan and Uncanny X-Men are read pretty much as soon as I get back from the comic shop. Deadpool's Mercs for Money(?) has been fun to read.

Descender and Black Science are still fantastic. Saga is still moving along. Uncanny Inhumans has fallen off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back