Comic Book Discussion Thread V.17

I have read everything he has suggested. I am not looking necessarily for everything Wizard ever told me to read, nig.

Ah, I thought you asked for you to recommend to someone else.

I haven't read too much Millar. What would you recommend? Is his Swamp Thing run good?

I've never read his Swamp Thing run. Anything he made into or is making into a movie is pretty good.

For longer series:
A lot of things Kirkman writes (It's my opinion that Invincible is the current best super hero book)
Anything on Vertigo that is completed
Astro City
Punisher Max and Preacher from Ennis
Planetary
Slam Dunk the manga

Hell, read Watchmen if you haven't already.

Thank you, @Magooglie, for the suggestion.

Lol, I wasn't asking for a recommendation. Watchmen doesn't have enough bulkin' muscles in it for me to fap too anyway, and blue doesn't do it for me. I like 'em green and mean.

I've never read his Swamp Thing run. Anything he made into or is making into a movie is pretty good.

For longer series:
A lot of things Kirkman writes (It's my opinion that Invincible is the current best super hero book)
Anything on Vertigo that is completed
Astro City
Punisher Max and Preacher from Ennis
Planetary
Slam Dunk the manga
Thanks, mang.

Yo Bobby, read the current Ant Man team. Ant Man and Astonishing Ant Man.

He's like the Bad Luck Brian of Superheroes. Good stuff.
I have been tentative with this title bc the other All New, All Different titles I have read have really been underwhelming. I will give them a look, based on your recommendation. Thanks.

There is no good excuse for jacking it to GG...
Have you seen any of her recent pics?

She gets a solid "would hit... but not sure if I'd tell anyone"...

11887100_1191382300878189_1523345451_n.0.0.jpg

743149924.jpg

143300399.jpg

If you were going to recommend any classic series or mini, what would you recommend? Let's keep this from the Bronze Age forward, Golden/Silver Ages are too hokey for me.

Thanks.

Transmetropolitan (my personal favorite)
Planetary
Preacher
Y: The Last Man

I actually hate superhero comics. They do nothing for me. The only one I ever liked was All Star Batman & Robin.

Planetary

Good one to go for that is pretty under the radar. Lot of classified info/black ops/secret and reveal type storytelling. Very referential to the wider comics archetypes. And the series is concluded so that's a bonus in the sense that you can read it all.

If you are into it you could follow it with some Invisibles by Grant Morrison. I personally enjoyed the series but I will throw in the disclaimer that the series goes way the fuck off the rails in places.

Have you seen any of her recent pics?

She gets a solid "would hit... but not sure if I'd tell anyone"...

11887100_1191382300878189_1523345451_n.0.0.jpg

743149924.jpg

143300399.jpg

Needs some photochopping ot make make her green. World needs more green women.

I blame Star Trek.

this thread is all over the dam place, what happened to my orderly nicely told thread? It was like an Alan Moore Series drawn by Jack Kirby

If you were going to recommend any classic series or mini, what would you recommend? Let's keep this from the Bronze Age forward, Golden/Silver Ages are too hokey for me.

Thanks.
The Eternals (Marvel).
Written by Neil Gaiman
Illustrations by John Romita Jr.

Another recommendation:
Powers (multiple publishers, 1 continuity)
Written by Brian Michael Bendis
Illustrations by Michael Avon Oeming.

I have been tentative with this title bc the other All New, All Different titles I have read have really been underwhelming. I will give them a look, based on your recommendation. Thanks.

Yeah, it's similar in tone to Fraction and Aja's Hawkeye run. More street level and character driven. Focusing on Ant Man's everyday struggles rather than overarching cosmic level events.
Spencer and Rosanas are a solid team.

Ant Man (2015) 1-5, Annual
Ant Man Last Days
Astonishing Ant Man 1-present

Another one (these are all highly acclaimed, but under the radar btw)
Fear Agent
Written by Rick Remender
Illustrations by Tony Moore and Jerome Opena.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back