Colorado homeowner owed nothing after police SWAT shootout destroys his house, federal court rules

All this for a - shoplifter.
I've seen a guy pull a gun and start shooting at 3 cops, because he was going to be arrested for a warrant.

All this over a warrant...

Last edited:
This is the price you pay to be in the free-est nation on earth.

What about his homeowner's insurance? I kind of agree with the judge on this one because in the law book it does say law enforcements can repossess your property like borrow your car to chase someone etc. I think in this case, it should be his insurance paying him out but of course the insurance company will say but you didn't buy the cop destroying your house insurance plan.

So he should get his insurance jacked to fuck because the cops couldn't read his address correctly?

That's fucked up. It seems rather obvious that if agents of the state blow up your house, it should be up to the state, not you and your insurance company to rectify their mistake.

Muh insurance, really? Such an American reaction. Insurance companies are crooks looking to pay out as little as possible, homeowner would be lucky to touch a cent - let alone enough to cover the entire loss. If your compensation system hinges on insurance companies' generosity - your system is shit, non-existent. State should be compensating the man. But I shouldn't be surprised, this is the same people who prefer to get fleeced by multiple intermediaries for healthcare.

If someone steals your $500,000 Ferrari out of your garage and then goes on a high speed chase with the Police, who pays for the Ferrari when the cops lay down spike strips and the thief hits them and totals the car?
Kinda hard to joyride in a house.

Kinda hard to joyride in a house.

What if it is a motor home?

motorhome-garage-volkner-mobil-performance-s-fb__700-png.jpg

Maybe you kneel for the racist flag and what it represents, but the cat in your avatar wasn't sitting and kneeling for those reasons. He was sitting and kneeling because....

images

He played you guys like a fiddle.

Maybe you kneel for the racist flag and what it represents, but the cat in your avatar wasn't sitting and kneeling for those reasons. He was sitting and kneeling because....

images

He played you guys like a fiddle.
{<jimmies}

Hmmm... It doesn't cost anything close to $600k to build a house.
I am a real estate appraiser.
Depends on quality of construction.
I use Marshall and Swift which is a nationwide building cost manual. There are others for free online that are not as thorough.
I do a cost approach to value on most reports. The older the home the less accurate because the physical depreciation becomes more subjective.
Most homes(typical non lakefront or large acreage, at least in the Central Florida market area)the land value of the property is less than 30% of the value.
So a house that sold at 780k, based on the above data at 30% land value would cost $600k to build.

Haven't read much on this, but it sounded like dude had insurance and the city paid for his housing while he was displaced. That said, the city should be paying for the damage, not his insurance company.

the insurance company would be able to subrogate against an at fault party but it would appear the pd wont be Liable.

In the end, seems the suspect is considered 100% at fault.

What about his homeowner's insurance? I kind of agree with the judge on this one because in the law book it does say law enforcements can repossess your property like borrow your car to chase someone etc. I think in this case, it should be his insurance paying him out but of course the insurance company will say but you didn't buy the cop destroying your house insurance plan.
Makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time

So he doesn't have homeowners insurance?
If the cops wouldn't have went full on WACO, insurance would have covered the damages. But instead, the police decided to destroy his house.

Look at this shit. The only thing missing was an air strike.
greenwood.village.house.a.after.swat.attack.jpg

UZWPI2AYNVGRFIGEPRV6AL3BHU.png

lol... Born and raised there. Family came over from Italy and moved to Durango in the 1910’s

It’s depressing there now

Well that's middle of nowhere Durango. Sand dunes for days!

Back