"Cole Miller says fighters on local shows making more sponsorship money than him"

pinoy wrestler

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
From Cole Miller says fighters on local shows making more sponsorship money than him, by Tim Burke on Oct 6 2013 for Bloody Elbow:

"I've got fellow fighters that are fighting on local shows that are making the same money, or more, than I am," he said. [...]

....While Jon Jones and Georges St. Pierre are making headlines for their blue chip sponsors, the UFC has driven a lot of money away from a large chunk of their roster. That has to be very frustrating for guys that aren't making a lot to start with.

Things to consider:

1. Large yearly fee imposed by UFC on prospective fighter sponsors; and
2. Cole Miller is 1-3 in his last four fights, that's why he'll be fighting on Facebook, and not on TV.:icon_neut

He'll be forced to apologize and say that it's not totally true very soon.

He'll probably be cut soon anyway, so he can go do these local shows and get PAID.

"There are these companies that just straight up won't call back right after they hear that I'm on Facebook."

Sucks.

he should try to get sponsored by........ wait for it......

FACEBOOK!!

As you said ts large sponsor fee's from the ufc and a 1-3 record in your last 4 is not getting you anderson silva money from your sponsors the guys getting big sponsorships are guys who are winning all the time or putting on spectacular fights or in a lot of cases both

Perhaps he should try winning fights like Anderson Silva if he wants to make Anderson Silva money.

Though the Gamburyan fight was bs.

Can't blame the sponsors, one of the least likable guys on the UFC Roster in my opinion.

You pay Facebook around USD33.00 only and you potentially get a minimum of 20,000 to view your page, right? So if he posts UFC's live stream page on his timeline...ah never mind.:redface:

Fighters under UFC contract getting dicked over?

The hell you say. I refuse to believe it.

At least guys on the card as low as Miller can get their fights broadcasted in some form. Wasn't that long ago that prelims weren't televised at all, then they would have two fights on Spike. Prelim life is rough but it has to be better than it used to be I'd imagine.

He should try winning fights. Who wants to sponsor a loser?

Back