"Cole Miller says fighters on local shows making more sponsorship money than him"

At least guys on the card as low as Miller can get their fights broadcasted in some form. Wasn't that long ago that prelims weren't televised at all, then they would have two fights on Spike. Prelim life is rough but it has to be better than it used to be I'd imagine.
Better for the UFC because they have a TV/social media deal now, but worse for the fighters financially because their employer got greedy and wanted a cut of their sponsor money. Miller himself clearly stated that he made far more in sponsor money before the rule change, as much as 10x what he gets now.

Better for the UFC because they have a TV/social media deal now, but worse for the fighters financially because their employer got greedy and wanted a cut of their sponsor money. Miller himself clearly stated that he made far more in sponsor money before the rule change, as much as 10x what he gets now.

you read the whole thread? i dont think you did.

you read the whole thread? i dont think you did.
I have now. Miller still stated that he made as much as 10x in sponsor money that he does now. There's no getting around that.

Two questions:

Name one or more products endorsed by Cole Miller
Name one product you've bought due to Cole Miller

Valid points. The UFC sponsor tax is BS though.

As you said ts large sponsor fee's from the ufc and a 1-3 record in your last 4 is not getting you anderson silva money from your sponsors the guys getting big sponsorships are guys who are winning all the time or putting on spectacular fights or in a lot of cases both

He should still be making more than his regional circuit teammates. He's on television/facebook. they're not even in the papers.

If you are a mid level guy and have little no to prospect of being a champ you should leave the UFC ASAP and go to bellator. There you will get a chance at some cash and are guaranteed fights and to be on TV.

I agree....especially if you are not happy with the UFC....

Two questions:

Name one or more products endorsed by Cole Miller
Name one product you've bought due to Cole Miller

Valid points. The UFC sponsor tax is BS though.

Add when was the last time you've talked MMA in any manner, with friends, on forums, etc and Cole Miller was brought up, NOT including this thread or the Manny outcome?

I can count on one hand how many times I've heard his name personally in my gym or with anyone else. Zero.

Aside from this and the Manny fight, Cole Miller might be a thread topic once every 4 months with about 3 replies and 18 views.

He's a facebook fight. Wtf does he expect? If he loses, he's cut. He's in a position where he has to prove himself to be a valuable commodity. He's entitled to nothing.

"UFC hasn't started making money until 2007"

Down the road

"UFC fighters started getting paid in 2027"

If this many fighters are complaining about money, then it's clearly a sign...

IN 3. 2. 1....."Get another job then!" Or.... Dana comes out and says, "Look, all these guys that complain about money is because they don't earn it. Joe Lauzon has earned a ton of money because of bonuses... If you want to get paid, BRING IT!!!!!!!!!.... FUKEN Dummy's"

I have now. Miller still stated that he made as much as 10x in sponsor money that he does now. There's no getting around that.

No, you don't go around it. You add context and reasoning.

Go fight for local shows, dumbass, or go get a real job like the rest of us.

If you sign, [the UFC contract] you can't whine!
Is there something in the UFC contract saying you can't criticize it?

Go fight for local shows, dumbass, or go get a real job like the rest of us.

If you sign, [the UFC contract] you can't whine!

This is the worst f*cking logic I've seen in quite some time. You avoided his argument and complaint. Second, you imply he doesn't have a real job. Why don't you go to a gym and train full time. See how you feel after a month, let alone a half-decade. While doing that, also hold down a second job like most MMA fighters.

You're not worth the time, so this is all you'll get.

1. Large yearly fee imposed by UFC on prospective fighter sponsors

People bringing up this point make me laugh. Do you actually think that ANY company (not just the UFC) would allow another company to advertise during their programming and not require some form of payment? That would be like CBS saying, "Thanks Coca-Cola, we appreciate the offer but you can just give the cast of How I Met Your Mother the $1,000,000 for your commercials. We don't want it."

People bringing up this point make me laugh. Do you actually think that ANY company (not just the UFC) would allow another company to advertise during their programming and not require some form of payment? That would be like CBS saying, "Thanks Coca-Cola, we appreciate the offer but you can just give the cast of How I Met Your Mother the $1,000,000 for your commercials. We don't want it."

I don't think its really a commensurate comparison. Harley Davidson pays to be on the canvas and thanks to Corn Nuts we get to hear those god awful 'presented by' drops during the broadcast. They have a well defined set of sponsorship opportunities that translates into payment directly to the UFC.

Putting up a 50k/year pay-wall for the right to be the third logo on prelim fight shorts is another thing. There are pros and cons to the pay-wall the UFC put up for fight shorts/shirts physically worn during the event. The pros benefit the UFC with a windfall of cash they weren't collecting previously. In theory its also meant to weed out smaller, potentially unreliable sponsors.

The con is that it kicked the leg out from one of the few tangential income sources a fighter has. If you are not a marquee fighter who can attract blue-chip sponsors, you are out of luck.

Cole Miller is a company man. If it weren't bad, he wouldn't be jumping on the pile.

when youre 13 or the mental equivalent any one in a position of power or authority is acting purely on evil. theres no other reason. the world doesnt need to make sense, it just needs to suit you

No, thats just a stupid, dumb way to try and deviate from the real issue.

No one is talking about the large, huge budget companies that shell out hundreds of thousands of dollars in sponsorship money. Its the smaller, regional companies that are only looking to invest 5-10 grand at most and simply cannot afford to pay the UFC sponsor fee that are cut out with deals like that. And the lower level fighters directly suffer because they are the ones needing that money and they are the fighters being targeted.

if you don't like where you are, and what you're getting paid. change it.

Back