"Cole Miller says fighters on local shows making more sponsorship money than him"

sorry flex and mirko you can leave your pitchforks at home

Don't worry, they'll just keep posting walls of text condemning and over exaggerating about "shills" while not actually wanting to engage in a debate over fighter pay, why things are the way they are, etc.

Which is kind of odd, the next GSP/Silva/Jones could be fighting on facebook.

Its an interesting point, totally. I've thought about it, and everyone knows the best way to create a new superstar is to build the athletes up thru your system and get in on the bottom floor with prospects with talent and noise.

But, I can see why smaller companies (and even the larger ones) avoid these deals because:

A)These guys will be bringing in no new business for 1-2 years, at least. You are basically paying them for no return now. Its a risky endeavor for a smaller company to do this, they could go broke before they see return.

B) The UFC does not make it easy.
They really dont. They charge outrageous sponsor fees, making it impossible for smaller, MMA-centric companies to sponsor many fighters if any at all. Then, the UFC puts these guys on Facebook (or doesn't televise them at all) which really limits a company and a fighters' business viewpoint. Why would a company go thru the hassle, put up serious money JUST to get into the UFC, and sponsor a fighter who is potentially cut after one loss? The UFC doesn't guarantee a fighter fights, so why should a company guarantee revenue for a fighter if they don't know how much longer he is gonna be on the biggest MMA stage?

I wish more large companies (or even mid-size companies wanting to break into the MMA scene) would go that route and throw out small amounts of money at lower level fighters with guaranteed pay for 5 UFC fighters or something and an option for said company to add 5-8 more fights with a related increase in pay. If the larger MMA companies, Affliction, etc.. really want to gain media exposure, get the next Jon Jones early, even if you have to go thru 20 fighters to get the right one. For the amount of potential revenue on the table with having your name all over the next GSP and being visually identified with a fighter for a long amount of time will only add to the Q rating of a product.

Looks like he won't have much to complain about after his next fight....... after all he will be one of them fighters that will have access to the sponsers not approved by the UFC.

Ok i dont like cole but that comment about the gear was funny and true.

Give the fighters money instead of gear so they can buy whatever gear they want (hopefully premium). I wouldnt brand myself for boxing gloves and knee pads.

Get another job then. Bitching to the media when you negotiate your contract is crap. I don't go and complain to the newspaper if I'm not paid enough, I talk to my employer or find another job.

Dear Lorenzo,
Bas Rutten once said, "you can buy muscles, but you cant buy cajones." Please enjoy all the money you make while screwing these fighters over. While they work their asses off to give you something to show to the general public, increasing your bank account significantly, many of these guys struggle to make ends meat.

While these fighters give you blood, sweat and tears you give them pennies on the dollar. Obviously the mark of a good man.

Signed,
Flexwave2003

Don't worry, they'll just keep posting walls of text condemning and over exaggerating about "shills" while not actually wanting to engage in a debate over fighter pay, why things are the way they are, etc.

Nobody made them fight. Let them go find real jobs

automatically believe any scorned ex ufc fighter no matter what any current ufc fighter says its zuffa fault...
Fa7b8uG.jpg

Dear Lorenzo,
Bas Rutten once said, "you can buy muscles, but you cant buy cajones." Please enjoy all the money you make while screwing these fighters over. While they work their asses off to give you something to show to the general public, increasing your bank account significantly, many of these guys struggle to make ends meat.

While these fighters give you blood, sweat and tears you give them pennies on the dollar. Obviously the mark of a good man.

Signed,
Flexwave2003

yup...full retard

Dear Lorenzo,

Signed,
Flexwave2003

Lol, ignore the subject because it doesn't play along with your script.

You're a joke.

Dear Lorenzo,

Signed,
Flexwave2003

What the fuk does Bas know??? Let him start a promotion if he thinks he can do better by the fighters. Instead, he takes an easy ass job talking shit all day whil DW and Fertitas do all the hard work.nBax gets NO respect from me. NONE.

He also lost to Randalman and beat Frank Shamrock with illegal blows

Zuffa got greedy and changed their sponsorship rules. The top guys got blue chip sponsors and benefited, but it squeezed out the little guy. Even higher paid guys like Rampage have had problems with sponsors not being allowed.

i really think people need to go back a page or so and read what cole miller himself said on the ug then click that ug link and read all the comments there before posting something and looking silly here...seriously. its sad at this point.

Good news, he'll probably be cut soon and he can go make money on the local shows

Perhaps he should try winning fights like Anderson Silva if he wants to make Anderson Silva money.

Though the Gamburyan fight was bs.
That's besides the point. The point is that he made as much as 10x what he makes now from sponsors before the UFC changed their sponsor rules. He's not asking for Anderson Silva money. Can you not understand how that would affect someone who doesn't make a lot of money and has a career with a very short shelf life?

Back