Colby was offered Leon Edwards fight twice and refused

We're missing out on so many good fights, man. Colby vs leon would be my most anticipated match of the year. It's sad. Ducking ruins the sport. Colby getting a title shot further worsens the division's credibility. Usman should be able to chill and wait for them to fight. He already defended twice in 2 months.

But,
And it also sucks that ducking legitimate contenders and fighting tomato cans like Masvidal is an effective way to keep the belt.

Usman knows Colby is his most difficult challenge and Colby doesn't want to take any risks before getting the title shot that Dana promised him, and why should he?
Look, i agree colby is great but he had his chance and lost. He beat old man tyron. He and leon are the perfect matchup. You like colby, i like leon, why wouldn't you want that match? They're the second snd best welterweights. Why not get a definitive amswer. A win for either guy says a lot. That's how things work. Colby getting a title ahot will be so empty. You're pretty much rewarding him for losing.

...because Colby gave him hell in there and he barely got out of there with a stoppage that was clearly early and Colby was immediately protesting.

What's with the "current Woodley" nonsense, Woodley still had it when Colby dominated him

The rematch would go the same way. Usman is superior to Colby in ever aspect of MMA. Usman needs new fresh matchups, not endless rematches.

Woodley is 38 buddy..... You think fighters don't age?

But,

Look, i agree colby is great but he had his chance and lost. He beat old man tyron. He and leon are the perfect matchup. You like colby, i like leon, why wouldn't you want that match? They're the second snd best welterweights. Why not get a definitive amswer. A win for either guy says a lot. That's how things work. Colby getting a title ahot will be so empty. You're pretty much rewarding him for losing.
Leon is already scheduled to starch Diaz. Give him the title shot vs Covington after Covington starches Usman

The rematch would go the same way. Usman is superior to Colby in ever aspect of MMA. Usman needs new fresh matchups, not endless rematches.

Woodley is 38 buddy..... You think fighters don't age?
If you truly believed Usman would beat Covington again you'd want the rematch. Truth is Covington haters dont want the rematch because they know the outcome wont be good for their guy

If you truly believed Usman would beat Covington again you'd want the rematch. Truth is Covington haters dont want the rematch because they know the outcome wont be good for their guy

I want to see Usman fight someone new. Based on the way things are going, his next 2-3 matchups could potentially be remtches: Colby, Leon, Burns.

First khazmat used covid excuse to duck leon now colby

To beat Usman Colby would have to to fight the 2nd best fight of his career, the first being the first time he fought Kamaru. To beat Colby Usman just needs to show up in shape there is no place in the cage Colby wins over Usman cardio included.

To beat Usman Colby would have to to fight the 2nd best fight of his career, the first being the first time he fought Kamaru. To beat Colby Usman just needs to show up in shape there is no place in the cage Colby wins over Usman cardio included.
Great, then why are you afraid of seeing the fight?

I'm not convinced that the previous fight was a good stoppage, and I also think Colby would have finished Usman by following up on that bodyshop that fraudulently paused the fight and let Usman get his breath back.

I'm not convinced that the previous fight was a good stoppage, and I also think Colby would have finished Usman by following up on that bodyshop that fraudulently paused the fight and let Usman get his breath back.

Stop it bro, Colby did nothing that would've finished Usman with that pom pom power all he can do is rack up round points like your favorite video game. Usman on the other hand every time he touched him you can Colby visibly wince and shy away but not far enough though since he got his jaw broke.

Do I wanna see that fight again..? Hell Yeah! Am I desperate to see it? Not in the least. I can wait for Colby and it won't take 5rds this time. Talking about Colby would've finished Usman you must think he's 40yr old broken Woodley, stop your mad talk man...

Last edited:

! low quality poster

Colby's a better fighter than Leon. Though I do agree I wanted this fight to happen.
Whether colby is better than leon is moot. You can't prove that. Colby's best wins are rda and woodley. Leon rda and luque. Neither guy has beaten the elite of the elite. This fight is super necessary. It makes all the sense in the world.

Whether colby is better than leon is moot. You can't prove that. Colby's best wins are rda and woodley. Leon rda and luque. Neither guy has beaten the elite of the elite. This fight is super necessary. It makes all the sense in the world.
Leon actually has better wins

- Beat RDA more decisively
- Gunnar > washed Woodley
- Luque > Maia
- Tumenov > washed Lawler
- Cerrone > DHK

Colby knows Leon is a bad stylistic matchup for him with his anti wrestling and sharper striking. I'll laugh if Edwards gets the title shot over him after he beats Diaz.

Yeah I know I can't prove it. That's why I said I wanted to see them fight.

Back