Colby was offered Leon Edwards fight twice and refused

It took Leon 2 years to take that fight and in that time he's had more canceled fights than anyone, then he finally gets in the ring and can't even fight properly.

If Colby is talked about getting a fight with Usman, why would he say "No I'll fight Leon instead and let Usman fight Tank Abbott or some other fighter that shouldn't be in any title picture" When fights are offered to you you've got to take them, because anything can happen, especially in this sport, that can screw that up. Even with a win over Edwards he knows anything could happen with the way Dana runs things.

Exactly, after Colby beats Leon, next thing you know Usman will be campaigning for a shot at 185 or a boxing match with Jake Paul. If you have an opportunity to challenge for the belt it makes way more career sense than risking fighting a relatively unknown contender

Leon, Wonderboy, Burns hell even Chimaev is more deserving of the title fight than this duck
Colby is miles ahead than them, has all the tools to beat, keep him on feet and was the ONLY one who showed up.

The key to beating Usman is to be highly press resistant, have an unlimited stamina and wrestling background so you don’t need to worry about his takedown threat.

You also need heart and a chin. Colby ate bombs and had his jaws cracked in round 3 yet he kept pressuring relentlessly for the next 2 rounds whereas others have folded quickly when they felt his jab.

No wonder why Usman is avoiding him and going after weaker opponents. TS and other Shertards can keep disregarding his skills just because they can’t stand his attitude while completely ignoring Usman’s wolf whistles on Masvidal, Diaz, Conor, Leon (who hasn’t fought full in years) etc.

It took Leon 2 years to take that fight and in that time he's had more canceled fights than anyone, then he finally gets in the ring and can't even fight properly.

If Colby is talked about getting a fight with Usman, why would he say "No I'll fight Leon instead and let Usman fight Tank Abbott or some other fighter that shouldn't be in any title picture" When fights are offered to you you've got to take them, because anything can happen, especially in this sport, that can screw that up. Even with a win over Edwards he knows anything could happen with the way Dana runs things.
it took him long to got a figth because of corona and ducks like colby

And it also sucks that ducking legitimate contenders and fighting tomato cans like Masvidal is an effective way to keep the belt.

Usman knows Colby is his most difficult challenge and Colby doesn't want to take any risks before getting the title shot that Dana promised him, and why should he?
I never said anything about Usman but surely I don’t have to explain to you why Masvidal got the title shot and a rematch, I’m not saying I agree with it but he did the UFC a favour last summer and got rewarded for it.

It’s also funny how you defend Colby not taking risks but condemn Usman for the same thing.

What are you talking about? Leon said after the Belal fight they tried to make Edwards vs Colby but Colby turned it down. That’s more than a month before Dana said Colby was next. He was ducking contenders before there was ever talk of him getting a rematch.

I doubt Colby's afraid of any ww. Dana doesn't like him and he's not a ko fighter so he better play his cards right or he'll never get another title shot. Decisioning Leon isn't an automatic ts like some think & a decision win is the best he could hope for baring some fluke. Truth is waiting things out with a win over Woodley his last time out isn't such a bad strategy for him if a ts is his main objective.

Worst part about MMA is the fact that ducking fights and talking shit is actually an effective way to get a title shot. It’s why you have to respect guys like Whittaker who go out there and earn their opportunities.
Yet people literally say rob was ducking Izzy by actively fighting strong contenders lol

smart choice ngl. Leon would be very tough, and they would probably end up never fighting lol

I can understand him refusing the last minute fight when Khamzat pulled out but turning it down again means there's 2 other fights where the winner could well pass over him for the shot and there aren't any top contenders for him to face so it looks like he could be frozen out.

but I want Colby to earn that rematch by beating contenders not ducking them. He should have fought Leon Edwards, Wonderboy or Burns. I think he shouldn't get a rematch until he fights one of these.

You don't have a say in this. You can "want" whatever your little mind can come up with, it's still not gonna happen.

Would like to see that second Colby fight, but it's true. Dana might have said that he gets the next shot, but if Leon wins or Wonderboy, it should override that. Still better than Chiesa tho, everybody knows with 100% certainty that Chiesa would get killed.

And it also sucks that ducking legitimate contenders and fighting tomato cans like Masvidal is an effective way to keep the belt.

Usman knows Colby is his most difficult challenge and Colby doesn't want to take any risks before getting the title shot that Dana promised him, and why should he?
Source on Dana promising Colby a title shot with a lone win over a losing-streak Tyron? And did Dana make that same offer to Luque?

Exactly, after Colby beats Leon, next thing you know Usman will be campaigning for a shot at 185 or a boxing match with Jake Paul. If you have an opportunity to challenge for the belt it makes way more career sense than risking fighting a relatively unknown contender

Usman already beat Colby.... Finished him. And has only gotten better since then. Why would he be scared to fight Colby again...? Colby doesn't deserve another title shot yet. He needs to beat at least 1 top 5 guy. Current Woodley isn't even top 15 anymore.

Dana already said Colby is next. Why would Colby fight Leon?

Dana confirmed that Colby is next.

As a huge fan of Colby, I’ve been wanting to see that Usman fight run back and I’m glad that seems to be happening. However, it’s never a good thing for a fighter to remain inactive. Colby essentially just waited his way into a title shot. Not sure how I feel about that. The guy is in his prime and needs to get active and regardless of what all the haters think, he would still be the favorite against the other contenders.

I hate inactivity but I want to see Colby vs Usman so I’m torn on this whole thing.

Back