Colby was offered Leon Edwards fight twice and refused

He already has a guaranteed title shot, Dana is essentially forcing Colby vs Usman 2 now on Usman who doesn’t want that fight

Guarantee is an awfully strong word, especially when DFW is involved. But even by Dana standards, guarantee is not an accurate description. His exact words were, "The clear cut guy now is Covington and we'll see how these other things play out," White said. "The guy right now is Colby." Is that what passes for a guarantee in your world?

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/...onent-for-welterweight-champion-kamaru-usman/

I get that every fighter is looking for the perfect opponent.

But this shit has got to stop. Having 3 top 5 guys refusing to fight each other in a #1 contender fight is ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as giving Masvidal another title shot, or giving the next one to Chiesa.

Fucking Dana.

Guarantee is an awfully strong word, especially when DFW is involved. But even by Dana standards, guarantee is not an accurate description. His exact words were, "The clear cut guy now is Covington and we'll see how these other things play out," White said. "The guy right now is Colby." Is that what passes for a guarantee in your world?

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/...onent-for-welterweight-champion-kamaru-usman/
Basically yeah, unless Nate Diaz sparks Leon in the first round Colby is up next

Usman fighting Jorge again was a joke, Kamaru doesn’t deserve props for cherry picking an easy title defense just because he’s “active”

Usman told you all why he gave Masvidal that full camp rematch, Jorge was using his short notice camp as a crutch excuse, now he has no excuse. Usman is no cherry picker in any sense of the word.

At 7:00 and 13:40

This would have guaranteed a title shot for Colby, instead he wants to coast on a win over Tyrone Woodley corpse and wait around for a shot.

Colby vs Usman 1 was a very exciting fight, I think thats why everyone wants to see a second fight, me included. I suspect their second fight would have as much fireworks, but I want Colby to earn that rematch by beating contenders not ducking them. He should have fought Leon Edwards, Wonderboy or Burns. I think he shouldn't get a rematch until he fights one of these.

TS. You are a genius. Well said.

Usman told you all why he gave Masvidal that full camp rematch, Jorge was using his short notice camp as a crutch excuse, now he has no excuse. Usman is no cherry picker in any sense of the word.
He wanted the rematch for money lol

lots of people say "their first fight was great, I want to see a rematch" and they're not necessarily wrong, but I personally do not give one single solitary fuck if Colby never sniffs a title shot again for the rest of his career. He feels entitled to it for strange, undecipherable reasons and has done nothing since getting his ass kicked to earn it. If he spent half as much time being a fighter as he does being the world's lamest instagram thot we wouldn't even be having this discussion

Basically yeah, unless Nate Diaz sparks Leon in the first round Colby is up next

Usman might be next for Colby, but Colby might not be next for Usman. If Usman wants to fight in August (not saying he does) but Colby tries to drag shit out to Christmas, I could see Usman fighting Chiesa, Luque, or the winner of Diaz/Edwards before Colby. Or possibly even Thompson if he beats Burns easily and is willing to go quickly enough.

Going back to 2018, Usman has fought twice as much as Colby. It's naive to think Colby can't fuck this up by being lazy or too slow in agreeing.

He wanted the rematch for money lol
Agreed.

OTOH if Masvidal won't fight Colby or Edwards, Colby won't fight anyone except Masvidal or Woodley, and no one in the top 5 will fight Edwards, but through no fault of his own had 4 fights fall through in the last year, then I get why the fight was made.

Dana likes money as much as Usman does.

But damn it Dana, pull this shit together. Tell Colby to fuck off if he won't fight a #1 contender, don't fucking reward him for it. And no, Woodley doesn't count. Why do you think these guys are playing hardball with you? Because you keep allowing it.

Can't blame him he doesn't want to get his eyes gouged out by Leon Edward Scissorhands.

Dana is saying Colby's next so why should Colby have done anything differently than where he is now?

Why would Colby accept any fight other than Usman when the president of the UFC is saying hes next for Usman?

Why would Usman wait for Colby if he wants to fight in August and Colby tries to hold out until the end of the year? Colby is an anti-draw. All of Usmans defenses (yes- even Burns) outsold UFC 245, and 245 had 3 fucking title fights. A PPV of Usman taking a shit would outsell Usman Colby-2. If Usman does not want to wait, Colby better not.

Source on Dana promising Colby a title shot with a lone win over a losing-streak Tyron? And did Dana make that same offer to Luque?
Right after the Usman fight, Dana was asked if Colby was next, which he confirmed.

Usman already beat Colby.... Finished him. And has only gotten better since then. Why would he be scared to fight Colby again...? Colby doesn't deserve another title shot yet. He needs to beat at least 1 top 5 guy. Current Woodley isn't even top 15 anymore.
...because Colby gave him hell in there and he barely got out of there with a stoppage that was clearly early and Colby was immediately protesting.

What's with the "current Woodley" nonsense, Woodley still had it when Colby dominated him

Agreed the Mas 2x TS thing was a farce. Mas really capitalized. The problem is Colby is nowhere near as popular as Max. And when I say popular, I don't mean liked. I mean watched. Colby is never going to be able to pull a Mas because too few people give a shit about him.
What you say may be true I'm not going to think too deeply into it but that fight was a Top 5 WW Title fight of all time and very close all the way til the end. The rematch pretty much sells itself.

Also I don't see the need to have the Top 5 WW's fight each other. Normally yeah but Usman is an active champ. We need a body to throw at him every 5-6 months he could fight Edwards and Colby both within a years time.

What you say may be true I'm not going to think too deeply into it but that fight was a Top 5 WW Title fight of all time and very close all the way til the end. The rematch pretty much sells itself.

Also I don't see the need to have the Top 5 WW's fight each other. Normally yeah but Usman is an active champ. We need a body to throw at him every 5-6 months he could fight Edwards and Colby both within a years time.

Every fight Usman had since Colby outsold the Colby fight. Even Burns. Colby is PPV poison, which is why he fights mostly on Fight Nights.

And I agree with Usman being so active, it makes sense to keep a ready stream of contenders. But with Colby's fighting frequency and tactics, it's no sure bet that he will be the next one in the cage with Usman.

giphy.gif

Everyone already knows that since his fight vs RDA he's been taking the best fights he can possibly take merited by low risk and high reward.

Back