Colby says his shots at Usman were deserved, Leon got handed his title wins

The WW division is a joke. Shavkat is the WW version of Islam, nobody wants a piece of him and he's the obvious next strong Champ. Instead we get a retread multiple time title loser in Colby somehow fighting for a belt. Should have been Belal. And now it's a logjam.

I'm honestly not sure if he intentionally says hypocritical shit to rile people up or if he's genuinely delusional about those fights with Usman.
Just Colby saying controversial shit to draw interest to the fight. It ain’t no big thing.

Hopefully Edwards finishes him. Or least wins every round comfortably. Then Colby probably retires, and disappears forever.

Imagine Colby losing to Edwards and Belal b2b...he'd kill himself. Losing to a black dude and a Muslim on the bounce LOL

Laughable. Edwards was on 10 fight winning steak when he finally got his 1st title shot. Colby earned his first shot but the last two are complete gifts.

Yeah I think he's trolling, it's not like he's above blatantly lying to piss people off.

Hopefully Edwards finishes him. Or least wins every round comfortably. Then Colby probably retires, and disappears forever.

I honestly think he will retire if he loses to Leon. He's only interested in title fights or easy fights (Masvidal, Porier, etc) that will get him a title shot. He's done his best to avoid fighting up and comers like Shavkat or Sean Brady.

It's possible he'll move down to LW if he loses but given that he's already pushing 36, he'll mostly likely walk away instead of becoming a gatekeeper.

And Leon's had 3 fights and 1 NC in 4 1/2 years. Colby hasn't been very active since he got his shot at Usman, but he did beat #7, #3, #1, got stripped of an interim title for needing surgery and had to fight Lawler for the title shot he'd already earned, then fought #5 Wooley, and #6 Masvidal to keep his place. Leon got a split decision over Gunnar Nelson, beat RDA who was #4, then took 2 years off, poked Belal's eyes out 2 seconds into the 2nd round, was stumbling and bumbling all over the cage to not get finished by Nate Diaz.

If anybody's going to claim Colby got an easy path to the title, it sure as hell shouldn't be Leon.
Oh so Leon hasn't had 4 fights since 2021 because the NC just straight up doesn't count.

He fought 2x in 2021, 1x in 2022, and will fight a 2nd time in 2023. So You can use the gap before that all you want, it doesn't reflect recent history. I used all the way back to 2018 because nothing has changed with Colby, what you've seen in the last 5 years represents what is still happening today, and last year, and the year before.

You can throw all the numbers out you want, Colby saying "sitting out has been tough" is one of the more laughable things that troll has done. Not sure why you even bother defending it, not like im saying he's not a good fighter. He's just a shit disturber who has had a pretty easy string of title shots for beating nobodies considering this is his third shot now after going 0-2. There's a reason people make the joke that Colby has video of Dana White committing a crime, and it's because he's being giving outrageously good treatment.

I have him as a favorite in the fight, slightly, but he's still getting major Dana White privilege.

Imagine taking almost anything this guy says seriously. Then again, there's cans on here who were backing Colby while shitting on Poirier when Covington was talking smack about his family. I wouldn't expect anything else from the Heavies.

"“No doubt about it, I took the fight out of Usman. I head kicked him and had him on wobbly legs, then he calls timeout. It’s not like Leon did something that I hadn’t already done before him.”

Except beat him colby.

Much less knock him out..

He's gotten 3 fucking title shots in the past 4 years with only having a 1 fight "win streak" in between his 2nd and 3rd shot. I don't think there's ever been a fighter to win the title on their 3rd attempt. Hopefully history repeats itself.

#Sherdog

This only ends one way

leon-edwards.gif
God that would be great. Colby unconscious with his new teeth knocked out again.

I pray to JBG

Both of these guys barely fight to be honest

Thoughts?
The only thought I will put forth about Colby is I wish he put as much effort into developing his skiils so he could fight to finish as he puts into being a d!ck. I have no idea why DW and the UFC go out of their way for this guy when he isn't a star and isn't a draw.

His only exciting fights were when Usman forced him to stand and get his face smashed. His wrestle-aerobics style with no finishing skills is frankly boring. I wonder how he has cardio that no one since TJ Dillashaw has ever shown?

I agree that first Colby’s title fight was much harder earned the Leon’s and Leon’s was kind of handed to him.

Anyone disagreeing with this is pretty dishonest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back