Colby has "Zero" wins against elite competition

Pious Augustus

Born With Thick Skin
Pink
Reaction score
His fight performance against Usman was good but he lost and got finished, similar to Gastelum vs Izzy

his win against RDA (the last good fighter he beat) wasn't impressive at all, he basically won the fight by stalling against the cage and it was a 48-47 decision win

I think Masvidal, Burns and Edwards could beat him

Usman gave Maia a foot massage while Colby bloodied him, and lord knows what he would have done to Demian if it had been a five rounder.

See? I can do that too.
Usman beat Maia more decisively though

50-44 vs 29-27

Usman also took zero damage while Colby himself was bloodied and cut up by GOAT boxer Maia <Lmaoo>

He beat Woodley a lot worse than Kamaru did, he finished Tyron. Dont give me the "he wasn't the same fighter" crap. Either way MMAth is largely redundant bullshit.

Kamaru beat Colby cleanly. I want to see the re though

That’s actually a good point about Gastelum. No one puts any stock in his amazing performance against Adesanya, yet a large contingent on this site believes that Colby deserves a rematch based on his KO loss alone.

My take on this is that fans are being stupid sheep, allowing Colby to tell them what to think. And Dana is of course riding the wave on this, because to him, merit and rankings mean shit.

yeah

and his fight with usman was awful
one of the worse title fights I've seen yet casuals hyped it as something tremendous
both were poor

he doesn't deserve a title shot to be honest
it's a shame thompson lost as i wanted to see usman vs thompson

Burns is the real no2 in the division. Colby is in the pack of other contenders and not standing out with the results he’s had in the past two years.

Last edited:
Dana loves the attention he brings, Trump will probably show up for the rematch and Dana likes having celebrities like him attend for the big fights.

He’d rather anoint Colby #1, then having him fight other contenders and risk losing the “money” fight.

Purely politics, it’s a shame because Colby wasted the majority of his best years sitting on the sidelines, this rematch with Usman is all or nothing.

Back