Colby has "Zero" wins against elite competition

Usman is the only one at welterweight who has fought all the top guys. Wonderboy has fought a lot but lost half of them.

I think the rematch with Usman is a 50/50 fight. I think Coby hurting his jaw the first one changed the fight a lot but Colby still performed well

His fight performance against Usman was good but he lost and got finished, similar to Gastelum vs Izzy

his win against RDA (the last good fighter he beat) wasn't impressive at all, he basically won the fight by stalling against the cage and it was a 48-47 decision win

I think Masvidal, Burns and Edwards could beat him
Robby Lawler, Demian Maia

I think Colby should've fought another fight after Woodley before getting another shot. Even though the Usman/Colby fight was amazing, Colby needed to win a couple times before getting another shot in my opinion.

He looked pretty good beating up Woodley

kamaru-usman-colby-covington-ufc-245-scorecard-1.jpg

You can't say "levels" after they actually fought to a razor thin, ultra competitive 4 rounds. Admittedly Usman did finish him in the 5th, but that's also kind of an arbitrary and stupid part about this sport in a way, what if this was actually a 3 rounder like most fights? By the scorecards Colby beats Usman.

Obviously that's not what the fight was and the pace and result could be different. I'm being objective here. Usman won, by TKO so clearly...he won. But "levels" is retarded to say. That's like watching Condit-Lawler and then turning to someone and saying "there's levels to this shit bro"
Usman is levels above Colby; Colby matching up well with him is just about styles more than him being that good.

Jon Jones and GSP are levels above Santos and Hendricks, but both fought to razor close decisions with them.

Usman will also crush Colby in the rematch, so we can see how good they really are then.

WW most overrated division in MMA.

Usmans title defenses:
2x journeyman LW Masvidal
1x journeyman LW Burns
1x d2 ncaa wrestler Colby

it’ll get interesting once the new killers Khamzat/Shavkat make the top 5

His fight performance against Usman was good but he lost and got finished, similar to Gastelum vs Izzy

his win against RDA (the last good fighter he beat) wasn't impressive at all, he basically won the fight by stalling against the cage and it was a 48-47 decision win

I think Masvidal, Burns and Edwards could beat him
Masvidal beat Till. That’s it. Ironic the subject of the thread, then you bringing up him.

Back