• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Colby Covington only has one win in the current welterweight division

And next up Ian is going to take his head off. No way back from that.
The only "No way" in that scenario is No Way Colby takes that fight. He will wait for someone to get offended at this silly gimmick that he knows he can "possibly beat and he will get paid big money" for trying. I think he wants something like Dustin at WW or if Dustin were to win the title he would be willing to cut to 155 to get his 35th undeserved title shot.

I can't think of an actual match up that I could see Colby taking as anyone who wants him are too dangerous and would not be a headlining fight. Colby needs to be removed from the rankings as he literally fights no one. Someone posted earlier (Not sure who or in what post) that Colby has only win over a currently top ranked WW (Max Griffin in 2016).

Stipe is pretty much in the same boat. Only win over an active UFC fighter is ancient Arlovski in 2016.

Hasn't won a fight in 4 years. Fighting for the undisputed HW title next while there's an active interim champion.

UFC gonna UFC.

Stipe is pretty much in the same boat. Only win over an active UFC fighter is ancient Arlovski in 2016.
This criteria is very misleading. There's def stuff to bitch about Stipe for but his trilogy w DC was the best guy he could fight at the time other then Francis. DC being retired now shouldn't diminish anything Stipe did. Phrases like this hide alot of positives due to skewed statistics. You can hate on the guy for being inactive and selective,but not level of competition and relevance or victories when he was active.

He did way way more than Colby could ever hope to accomplish.

To be fair, his only losses at welterweight since 2015 were to Usman and the guy who beat Usman. He also beat three former champions in Woodley, Lawler, and RDA.
Yes but those were all pretty diminished from their best days. Colby doesn't really have a defining victory against a real live wire.

This criteria is very misleading. There's def stuff to bitch about Stipe for but his trilogy w DC was the best guy he could fight at the time other then Francis. DC being retired now shouldn't diminish anything Stipe did. Phrases like this hide alot of positives due to skewed statistics. You can hate on the guy for being inactive and selective,but not level of competition and relevance or victories when he was active.
On the contrary I like Stipe. And sure he had fantastic wins in the past, but fantastic wins in the past shouldn't get you opportunities in the present. Otherwise we can argue Mark Coleman can come out of retirement and fight for a UFC title, or Randy Couture.

Yes I'm being deliberately hyperbolic with these examples, but it serves to illustrate the point that its ridiculous that the UFC gives title fights to people that haven't done anything relevant in years.

DC wins were amazing, but Cormier has been retired for 4 YEARS! Those wins shouldn't count for shit towards Stipe being highly ranked and getting opportunities to fight for the world title TODAY.

Just because it isn't as bad as Colby, doesn't mean the same shit isn't going on.

On the contrary I like Stipe. And sure he had fantastic wins in the past, but fantastic wins in the past shouldn't get you opportunities in the present. Otherwise we can argue Mark Coleman can come out of retirement and fight for a UFC title, or Randy Couture.

Yes I'm being deliberately hyperbolic with these examples, but it serves to illustrate the point that its ridiculous that the UFC gives title fights to people that haven't done anything relevant in years.

DC wins were amazing, but Cormier has been retired for 4 YEARS. Those wins shouldn't count shot towards Stipe being highly ranked and getting opportunities to fight for the world title TODAY.

Just because it isn't as bad as Colby, doesn't mean the same shit isn't going on.
I agree that neither he nor Jones should be in the title picture....I just don't like the Colby comparison. If Stipe is a "has been" Colby is a "never was"

He did way way more than Colby could ever hope to accomplish.
He spent 2 years fighting DC and didn't do shit afterwards. The guy is literally in his 40s now and the UFC is pretending like he's a threat to Jon Jones. Lol

He spent 2 years fighting DC and didn't do shit afterwards. The guy is literally in his 40s now and the UFC is pretending like he's a threat to Jon Jones. Lol
I agree but don't compare him to Colby. Stipe was actually a two time world champion fighting and beating top guys

His last few performances, which were spaced out by several years each, were not convincing in the slightest that he deserves to be a ranked UFC fighter at all.

Against Leon he showed absolutely nothing.
Against Jorge, who also had 0 top 15 wins at the time, he looked horrible.
I guess that sums up the last 5 years lol

I agree but don't compare him to Colby. Stipe was actually a two time world champion fighting and beating top guys
But at this point in time they are in a similar position. Have done shit in years and havent fought any active fighters, yet still both somehow in the top 5. In fact they have the exact same ranking

But at this point in time they are in a similar position. Have done shit in years and havent fought any active fighters, yet still both somehow in the top 5.
Colby ain't shit!

Colby's like an IRL version of Cartman. Will say a bunch of shit, but will find any reason to refuse a fight while trying to look like they'll fight anybody.

But at this point in time they are in a similar position. Have done shit in years and havent fought any active fighters, yet still both somehow in the top 5. In fact they have the exact same ranking
I can’t speak for everyone but I’m a bit more lenient when they give someone like Stipe preferential treatment because of what he’s accomplished. Colby on the other hand hasn’t done shit and is best known for fights he lost, he doesn’t deserve any sort of favours.

Yes, he’s way over-ranked and has proven nothing in today’s landscape. The entire top 15 could beat Woodley, Lawler, and Masvidal when he beat them and lose to Usman and Edwards. He’s made a career out of losing to champions and beating over the hill fighters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back