Colby Covington is a boss and will be the new WW champ in good time

I enjoy him as a fighter. It's nice to see a fighter who wins through attrition and pressure but I agree with Substance Abuse in most points about him. His fans are some of the lowest of the low.
But I do disagree about him and Masvidal, I believe that that beef is real, regardless if they are both Republicans and Trump Supporters. Other republicans like Askren don't like Colby either.

He's a good fighter. His pace is ridiculous and he's a damn good wrestler.

You're really salty about a differentiating opinion. I was giving an opinion and wasn't worked up about it, but apparently you are. Maybe a few of those key words in there triggered something. I'm not sure. I couldn't care less. Calm down. Take a deep breath. It'll be okay, snowflake.

{<jimmies}

Lmao nice try to save face

Colby will never beat Usman. I don't even think Colby beats Leon or Khazmat.

He's basically the Stuttering John of the MMA world.

Based on skill alone Colby has what it takes to win that belt back. Personality wise I don’t care too much but he pisses a lot of people off and I like that.

That's funny, when did Colby actually have that belt?

He's a turd clinging to any low hanging fruit by playing this pandering character while plebs, incels and those with low IQ who think it's fun it play off racism, hate on women and take part in childish antics are not only funny, but get their rocks off on it too.

That isn't who Colby is in reality, but that is what will define him.

You can congratulate him if you want. Also, he and Masvidal are confirmed wolf tickets. I'm 100% certain they filled out their Trump ballots together.

In before snowflake and liberal comments. The war room flocks to these threads like flies to shit.

2021 and some people are still triggered as fuck by this guy lol

<{hughesimpress}>

That's funny, when did Colby actually have that belt?
960x0.jpg

Close enough.

If by groundbreaking you mean dime store Chael Sonnen without the wit, I agree.

I don't blame these guys and these characters work to get people noticed for better or worse. Hell it worked on me too, I loved seeing his jaw shattered and I can't wait until it happens again. There is nothing original about him though.

960x0.jpg

Close enough.
That power ranger belt.
That belt was about legit as Masvidal's BMF belt.
camby.png

Tyron Woodley was the champion. To be a champion you have to beat the champion. One guy did, and that guy wasn't Colby Covington.

That power ranger belt.
That belt was about legit as Masvidal's BMF belt.
camby.png

Tyron Woodley was the champion. To be a champion you have to beat the champion. One guy did, and that guy wasn't Colby Covington.
So DC was never LHW champ? Interesting.

It all started off with the UFC about to cut him, he realized martial arts being the game of "respect" is a fallacy and total bullshinanigans.

It's the game of DIS-respect.

Since then he's been going from peripheral unknown no one really cared to watch, progressing to front and center.

His "shtick" initially was clearly fabricated, but there's a saying,

Quotation-Nathaniel-Hawthorne-No-man-for-any-considerable-period-can-wear-one-face-12-70-15.jpg

What this may be saying is, the fabrication seems to be slowing becoming the reality.

What can I say?

I love it.

In that conversation the interviewer comments, "wow, we really went black there for a moment".

Most interviews and press conferences for real, I can't sit through them - they're mind numbing.
Same generic garbage.

McGregor Vs Khabib - I was literally hanging off every word.
Aside from the time Nick Diaz basically buttfucked everyone post fight vs Johnny Hendrick at the press conference, it was literally the only press conference that ever interested me.

That wasn't just a martial arts press conference (re McGregor/Khabib); that was a series of social facts, and social facts become a political event.

What Covington is doing is literally ground breaking and the future of this sport.
He's hitting all the right nerves, with the linguistic etiquette of a college graduate, and the finesse and satirical humor of a Miami playboy.

Masvidal is a destroyer of worlds and has provided years of entertainment and inspiration.

It's fitting these two showed each other the tricks of the trade in their early years, and to be honest I prefer their rivalry in contrast to their "BFF" charade they had going on previously.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's a good time to be an mma fan.

These dudes are showing new generations that, being a fighter rests on the chassis of talent, but is driven by the engine of character and cognition.

There is only one boss.

Josh "The Boss" Koscheck.

So DC was never LHW champ? Interesting.
You're comparing apples to oranges. Jones was sanctioned and out of the UFC, which left the UFC with no light heavyweight champion. In the absence of Jones, the UFC needed someone to hold that belt. That's how DC became champion.
UFC records shows that Tyron Woodley was champion from 2016 to 2019. Covington won his so called interim belt in 2018. You mean to tell me that the UFC had 2 welterweights champions? What is this, boxing?
If covington was ever a real champion, how come he was introduced as the challenger at UFC 245?

You're comparing apples to oranges. Jones was sanctioned and out of the UFC, which left the UFC with no light heavyweight champion. In the absence of Jones, the UFC needed someone to hold that belt. That's how DC became champion.
UFC records shows that Tyron Woodley was champion from 2016 to 2019. Covington won his so called interim belt in 2018. You mean to tell me that the UFC had 2 welterweights champions? What is this, boxing?
If covington was ever a real champion, how come he was introduced as the challenger at UFC 245?
Interim belts aren’t completely illegitimate though, they do mean something. I’m torn I guess because I don’t put much weight into any belt. It’s just a symbol for who is perceived as the best at that moment. If you want to get technical, I can’t disagree with anything you said.

Interim belts aren’t completely illegitimate though, they do mean something. I’m torn I guess because I don’t put much weight into any belt. It’s just a symbol for who is perceived as the best at that moment. If you want to get technical, I can’t disagree with anything you said.
In boxing, I really don't. At particular time, you could have as many as 5 guys claiming to be champions because they happen to hold a belt from one of the main sanctioning bodies. That creates confusion and takes away what it means to be a champion. There can only be one champion. Everyone else is a contender.
One thing that I like about the UFC and I hope they stop with this intrime shit, is that you're not guessing who the champion is at anytime.

0:50
"I'm Donald Trump's favorite fighter"

So, what more do you need, to get a title shot ?

I do recall this being a talking point, but honestly I've forgotten so much about MMA that I can't recall if this is true anymore.

He literally said I’m about to be cut so I needed a gimmick change, not Republicans love him lol just say your pro guns, speech, Trump n hate Lebron and you got a fan base hooked

It all started off with the UFC about to cut him, he realized martial arts being the game of "respect" is a fallacy and total bullshinanigans.

It's the game of DIS-respect.

Since then he's been going from peripheral unknown no one really cared to watch, progressing to front and center.

His "shtick" initially was clearly fabricated, but there's a saying,

Quotation-Nathaniel-Hawthorne-No-man-for-any-considerable-period-can-wear-one-face-12-70-15.jpg

What this may be saying is, the fabrication seems to be slowing becoming the reality.

What can I say?

I love it.

In that conversation the interviewer comments, "wow, we really went black there for a moment".

Most interviews and press conferences for real, I can't sit through them - they're mind numbing.
Same generic garbage.

McGregor Vs Khabib - I was literally hanging off every word.
Aside from the time Nick Diaz basically buttfucked everyone post fight vs Johnny Hendrick at the press conference, it was literally the only press conference that ever interested me.

That wasn't just a martial arts press conference (re McGregor/Khabib); that was a series of social facts, and social facts become a political event.

What Covington is doing is literally ground breaking and the future of this sport.
He's hitting all the right nerves, with the linguistic etiquette of a college graduate, and the finesse and satirical humor of a Miami playboy.

Masvidal is a destroyer of worlds and has provided years of entertainment and inspiration.

It's fitting these two showed each other the tricks of the trade in their early years, and to be honest I prefer their rivalry in contrast to their "BFF" charade they had going on previously.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's a good time to be an mma fan.

These dudes are showing new generations that, being a fighter rests on the chassis of talent, but is driven by the engine of character and cognition.

Good luck getting a non emotional response. The dude trolls people so hard they ignore his skillset. And yeah he lost to Usman. So what?

He literally said I’m about to be cut so I needed a gimmick change, not Republicans love him lol just say your pro guns, speech, Trump n hate Lebron and you got a fan base hooked

Pretty much. Thanks for the video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back