Colby Covington is a boss and will be the new WW champ in good time

DeepFry

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

It all started off with the UFC about to cut him, he realized martial arts being the game of "respect" is a fallacy and total bullshinanigans.

It's the game of DIS-respect.

Since then he's been going from peripheral unknown no one really cared to watch, progressing to front and center.

His "shtick" initially was clearly fabricated, but there's a saying,

Quotation-Nathaniel-Hawthorne-No-man-for-any-considerable-period-can-wear-one-face-12-70-15.jpg

What this may be saying is, the fabrication seems to be slowing becoming the reality.

What can I say?

I love it.

In that conversation the interviewer comments, "wow, we really went black there for a moment".

Most interviews and press conferences for real, I can't sit through them - they're mind numbing.
Same generic garbage.

McGregor Vs Khabib - I was literally hanging off every word.
Aside from the time Nick Diaz basically buttfucked everyone post fight vs Johnny Hendrick at the press conference, it was literally the only press conference that ever interested me.

That wasn't just a martial arts press conference (re McGregor/Khabib); that was a series of social facts, and social facts become a political event.

What Covington is doing is literally ground breaking and the future of this sport.
He's hitting all the right nerves, with the linguistic etiquette of a college graduate, and the finesse and satirical humor of a Miami playboy.

Masvidal is a destroyer of worlds and has provided years of entertainment and inspiration.

It's fitting these two showed each other the tricks of the trade in their early years, and to be honest I prefer their rivalry in contrast to their "BFF" charade they had going on previously.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's a good time to be an mma fan.

These dudes are showing new generations that, being a fighter rests on the chassis of talent, but is driven by the engine of character and cognition.

He's a turd clinging to any low hanging fruit by playing this pandering character while plebs, incels and those with low IQ who think it's fun it play off racism, hate on women and take part in childish antics are not only funny, but get their rocks off on it too.

That isn't who Colby is in reality, but that is what will define him.

You can congratulate him if you want. Also, he and Masvidal are confirmed wolf tickets. I'm 100% certain they filled out their Trump ballots together.

In before snowflake and liberal comments. The war room flocks to these threads like flies to shit.

He's a turd clinging to any low hanging fruit by playing this pandering character while plebs, incels and those with low IQ who think it's fun it play off racism, hate on women and take part in childish antics are not only funny, get their rocks off on it too.

Who he is in reality may be the boring shmuck the UFC were going to cut previously?

But is that changing?

Is he becoming something?

I believe so.

At least that's how it appears from where I'm observing.

Who he is in reality may be the boring shmuck the UFC were going to cut previously?

He's becoming something.

At least that's how it appears from where I'm observing.

He's basically playing the heel role as a wrestler would but he's alienating his training partners, insulting women and playing off of racism. He's good at something most could do, hence the low hanging fruit comment.

If he was really smart, he would amp up the snark and talk smack to random towns and not just take shots at easy targets or try to offend demographics.

What Covington is doing is literally ground breaking and the future of this sport.
He's hitting all the right nerves, with the linguistic etiquette of a college graduate, and the finesse and satirical humor of a Miami playboy.

Uh, no. Not at all. He’s a spastic loser who can’t get through a promo without stuttering or rage screaming the same line over and over. He’s terrible.

Is this post a joke? How many alt accounts do you have?

Colby is top 10 most overrated fighters ATM. His Tyron performance hasn't aged well at all he won easily but he wasn't exactly dominating every round and it doesn't take much to pressure Tyron against the fence as we all know

He's basically playing the heel role as a wrestler would but he's alienating his training partners, insulting women and playing off of racism. He's good at something most could do, hence the low hanging fruit comment.

If he was really smart, he would amp up the snark and talk smack to random towns and not just take shots at easy targets or try to offend demographics.

When someone begins a statement with this phrase I think to myself, wow! I am in the presence of a genius. Just listen to their advice and you'll be golden.

4177135027b01decf42f9ff48ffabe43.250x250x21.gif

Last edited:
Colby is top 10 most overrated fighters ATM. His Tyron performance hasn't aged well at all he won easily but he wasn't exactly dominating every round and it doesn't take much to pressure Tyron against the fence as we all know
i think people hate him so much that it becomes difficult for them to admit he's actually a really good fighter.

i can't stand the prick, he acts like a moron and embraces the most childish antics, i think it's pathetic and so is everyone who thinks it's clever.

but he is a very good fighter. he has the skills and the physical attributes. his problem is that the champ is just better and grittier.

Based on skill alone Colby has what it takes to win that belt back. Personality wise I don’t care too much but he pisses a lot of people off and I like that.

I don't see him beating Usman 2.0. They are very similar except Usman is bigger and stronger with more KO power. He'll have to get lucky and hope someone else KOs Usman.

I do recall this being a talking point, but honestly I've forgotten so much about MMA that I can't recall if this is true anymore.
As far as I know the only source on that is Colby. This gives him a chance to justify his heel turn but it's it's most likely a lie since he already turned in the stun-gun fight.
I think he just turned becaue he did some pro wrestling shit with his gym which gave him this idea of a character.

The ufc never cut a fighter in a similar position to Colby prior to the Maia fight

He's a turd clinging to any low hanging fruit by playing this pandering character while plebs, incels and those with low IQ who think it's fun it play off racism, hate on women and take part in childish antics are not only funny, but get their rocks off on it too.

You can congratulate him if you want. Also, he and Masvidal are confirmed wolf tickets. I'm 100% certain they filled out their Trump ballots together.

In before snowflake and liberal comments. The war room flocks to these threads like flies to shit.
I don't really think they are faking their issues. They were cool before but doesn't seem like they are anymore. They train at different gyms now and Colby got kicked out of the gym. if they were just faking it it would've never played out like this. You can fake it for a potential match up but they never had a match up to fake it for and to keep it going for what? They still didn't match up them up when they could've. This seems like a real situation of people who were once friends that aren't friends anymore because of issues surrounding them and people they know. Masvidal said it was over issues with his coaches. The pic with Masvidals ex is probably an old pic when they were all still cool and he's just using to get to Masvidal to try and get a fight if Masvidal ends up winning. They don't seem like they are friends anymore and if they were faking it, they wouldn't be faking it this long. They could've got matched up after Masvidal loss but they didn't.

When someone begins a statement with this phrase I think to myself, wow! I am in the presence of a genius. Just listen their advice and you'll be golden.

4177135027b01decf42f9ff48ffabe43.250x250x21.gif

Wow. I myself think I'm right and I hold my own opinion in high regard.

What am incredible post you've made. This is a watershed moment for this forum. Amazing. Kudos, Sir. Phenomenal gif usage as well.

Back