Coker to meet with Fedor this week...

Mixfight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/bel...dea-of-a-victory-tour-and-josh-barnett-fight/

Apparently Coker wants to put on a few "retirement" fights for Fedor. What a scumbag. It's clear Fedor is shot to shit and is risking serious CTE by continuing to fight and still Coker is trying to persuade him into taking more fights just to keep building the Bellator brand on the name of a shot legend.

I hope Fedor isnt doing this because he is broke because he is risking serious CTE by continuing to fight. Its really sad if this is the case.

Saw the fist word of this thread and thought this would be a Conor thread...

Well, at least a possible "retirement fight" could be against a Chuck level opponent with a name to sell the event... Heck, would watch him vs Machida if he gets passed Sonnen.

Coker talking to Fedor, who is 42 years old, but lets 25 year old Andre Fialho, who is 10-1 at welterweight go to the PFL. Absolutely puzzling. In order to build stars, Coker has to actually build them. Just puzzling.

Last edited:
It’s not like Fedor is reluctant to fight again and Coker is trying to drag him out of retirement. Fedor gave no indication after the Bader fight that he was done IIRC. He’s under contract to Bellator, if Bellator is steering him towards retirement with appropriate matchups then that’s the best they can do. Coker ain’t gonna cut Fedor to send some phony “for your health” message. Nobody wants to see Fedor go out like that. Fedor won’t go out like that. Coker wants a proper send off for the GOAT and so do I.

It’s not like Fedor is reluctant to fight again and Coker is trying to drag him out of retirement. Fedor gave no indication after the Bader fight that he was done IIRC. He’s under contract to Bellator, if Bellator is steering him towards retirement with appropriate matchups then that’s the best they can do. Coker ain’t gonna cut Fedor to send some phony “for your health” message. Nobody wants to see Fedor go out like that. Fedor won’t go out like that. Coker wants a proper send off for the GOAT and so do I.

Fedor's contract with Bellator finished with the Bader fight.

Fedor's contract with Bellator finished with the Bader fight.

Did not know that. Figured since he was fighting for the belt and all there was more.

Either way, he isn’t retired. If he’s going to fight again then why shouldn’t Bellator promote the fights if signs point to a conclusion rather than trying to build up to avenge his loss to Bader or some shit? I’m for it.

Gladiator's life is not supposed to have a happy ending.

They make living by committing crimes in a legal way. "A hoodlum never stops (till the end) he just rests." -cidade de deus

Uchu Tatsumi a former Shooto world champion quit mma career after his first loss in his 20s.

Now he's 40 something and he's suffering mental illness that forced him to return to the ring after 2 decade long hiatus only to score 2nd loss. He's done with fighting, left with undefeatable enemy in his brain.

I wonder if there's any retired fighter who's living clean productive life with loving family and neighbors and pets.

Did not know that. Figured since he was fighting for the belt and all there was more.

Either way, he isn’t retired. If he’s going to fight again then why shouldn’t Bellator promote the fights if signs point to a conclusion rather than trying to build up to avenge Bader or some shot?

The problem is Fedor is risking severe CTE by continuing to fight and any promoter who cares about his well being wouldnt sign or promote him unless they were just trying to build their brand on Fedor's back. Dana White is an asshole but when he saw that Chuck Liddell could no longer take a punch he told him that he wouldnt promote his fights anymore.

I really hope Fedor isnt so broke that he needs to do this because then if it wont be Coker it will be someone else in some shitty Russian MMA org that will just piggy bank on Fedors name.

Last edited:
After Fedor got KO'd by Bader, Coker was the first to say Fedor doesn't need to fight again. I'm guessing Fedor and family want some more money.

If Fedor wants to fight, let him fight. We know he's not challenging for the belt. Give him some winnable fights.

I love Fedor......I don't need to see him fight again.

Fedor vs Barnett could be done, don't see any other good match ups for him.

"HES RISKING CTE"

WAHHHHHHH, if the guy wants to fight, who gives a shit. It's cage fighting, every fight is a risk. He's not going to get CTE fighting guys like Chael. So its not like he can't have a few fights if they do get something worked out.

If not, then long live the emperor.

If the man wants to fight let him fight.

You only live once so you might as well enjoy life while you can.

We are all going to eventually turn into absent mined old men and then die anyway, no matter what we do.

After Fedor got KO'd by Bader, Coker was the first to say Fedor doesn't need to fight again. I'm guessing Fedor and family want some more money.
I remember reading he had little remaining after he got schemed. Hopefully I'm mistaken. Truly like this dude.

Teddy should never fight again.

Coker talking all this bullshit about a potential global "victory tour" for Teddy. A victory tour where he takes three L's in a row on his way out the door?

Come on, brah.

Back