Coker to meet with Fedor this week...

Teddy should never fight again.

Coker talking all this bullshit about a potential global "victory tour" for Teddy. A victory tour where he takes three L's in a row on his way out the door?

Come on, brah.

That's exactly how I took it. Coke is an idiot.

Not saying Fedor should fight again ( i think he should have stayed retired the first time tbh ) but he is a grown man and has the capacity to think for himself one would think. Its not like Coker is forcing him to compete and if Fedor wants to resume his career he will do it with or without Bellator so i dont think there is anything wrong with Coker wanting to facilitate his potentional retirement tour.

Also he is 2-1 in his last 3 fights so with the right matchups he could go out on a winning streak.

that said aging/battleworn fighters should be closely monitiored by doctors working for the athletic commisions who are looking for signs of CTE. if any abnormality occurs fighters should be denied a license to fight.

Not saying Fedor should fight again ( i think he should have stayed retired the first time tbh ) but he is a grown man and has the capacity to think for himself one would think. Its not like Coker is forcing him to compete and if Fedor wants to resume his career he will do it with or without Bellator so i dont think there is anything wrong with Coker wanting to facilitate his potentional retirement tour.

Also he is 2-1 in his last 3 fights so with the right matchups he could go out on a winning streak.

that said aging/battleworn fighters should be closely monitiored by doctors working for the athletic commisions who are looking for signs of CTE. if any abnormality occurs fighters should be denied a license to fight.
I think it´s like the guy in your AV... who happens to be my favorite HW kickboxer of all time.

Their identity is attached to the sport and that is why it´s just so hard to retire for them. Same thing happened to Mirko.. he finally because of serious health issues but you still see him training everyday.

They live for this.

But just like Peter Aerts, Fedor should be fighting the equivalent of 50 years old Ernesto Hoost and some local low level fighters. I reckon MMA is more dangerous than Kickboxing tho.

If Fedor wants to fight until he is 60 I have no problem. Nobody should judge other man decisions. We don´t know what happens in his mind.

I have been training Kickboxing since I´m 17 (I´m 31) and I see a lot of guys who just can´t retire. They need to keep fighting. Best thing we (the teammates) can do is to talk them into taking fights against low level guys and don´t risk their health.

It´s just sad that some fighters can´t figure out what to do after retirement. Mirko decided to build his team and train his guys, other guys do media.. but still most are kind of lost.

TLDR: Let him bang.

No one really wants this.
giphy.gif

Gladiator's life is not supposed to have a happy ending.

They make living by committing crimes in a legal way. "A hoodlum never stops (till the end) he just rests." -cidade de deus

Uchu Tatsumi a former Shooto world champion quit mma career after his first loss in his 20s.

Now he's 40 something and he's suffering mental illness that forced him to return to the ring after 2 decade long hiatus only to score 2nd loss. He's done with fighting, left with undefeatable enemy in his brain.

I wonder if there's any retired fighter who's living clean productive life with loving family and neighbors and pets.
I love these stories.

Just looked for the guy.. no info on his second loss but man he is the Asian FW Tito Ortiz or what?

981127s12a.jpg

Besides Fedor's health issues it also becomes a questionable business decision for Bellator. Fedor doesn't get in the cage for peanuts and at this point of his career that money could be much better used towards fighters on the up and up in the UFC as their contracts come up and build a stronger presence in the MMA market.

Besides Fedor's health issues it also becomes a questionable business decision for Bellator. Fedor doesn't get in the cage for peanuts and at this point of his career that money could be much better used towards fighters on the up and up in the UFC as their contracts come up and build a stronger presence in the MMA market.
This. Fedor is insanely expensive. I think he's more or less retired anyways, he as much said in interviews the reason he went through with the Bader fight despite being sick was because it would complete his contract.

all the more laughable when you take into account that Fedor fighting does not equal record viewership

Coker gonna Coker

#BjornBless

They make living by committing crimes in a legal way. "A hoodlum never stops (till the end) he just rests." -cidade de deus

Uchu Tatsumi a former Shooto world champion quit mma career after his first loss in his 20s.

Now he's 40 something and he's suffering mental illness that forced him to return to the ring after 2 decade long hiatus only to score 2nd loss. He's done with fighting, left with undefeatable enemy in his brain.

I wonder if there's any retired fighter who's living clean productive life with loving family and neighbors and pets.

Ever Heard of Arona Lol

CroCop just got back to training. Barnett is another good option. But no more young contenders please.

If Fedor and Barnett are to fight, they should do it in Japan away from the meddlers. I don't know if Barnett would take the fight at this point.; he didn't seem all to keen about fighting him in PRIDE and they are friends.

Not sure who would be considered "victory lap" level and if an athletic commission would allow it. Maybe someone on the level of Roy Nelson who is slowing down himself? Sapp time? Big Foot rematch would at least be pretty even....

I'd imagine Fedor would be used for markets other than the U.S. where he has already fought a bunch of times?

Fedor hasn't given any indication either way of he is going to fight, so it may not even happen.

It's time for the GOAT to retire and take care of his health.

Pat Miletich seems fine. It's been about 20 years since many of his fights. I don't know if he's talked about any issues, but he sounds fine doing the AXS commentary.

Anybody interested in Fedor vs Big Country? Seems appropriate for both guys.

Back