Coker might change Kimbo type fights to 3 min rds

I listened to yesteday's MMA hour and Luke Thomas made a good point on the show. Bellator need to stack there undercard since so many people will already be tuning in for fights like Kimbo vs DADA and Royce vs Ken. They really need to start developing their younger unknown talent, its only going to help them.

Amateur rules under the number two MMA organization in the world lmao.

I'm sure Bob Sapp is looking for a fight. Make Sapp vs Kimbo under kick boxing rules.

I will admit I was one of the people who was excited about Kimbo/Dada 5000 and I couldn't have been more wrong. I honestly thought Dada was going to knock Kimbo out fairly quicky because of what I thought was a size advantage but they were very similar size and Dada's health and cardio and the weight cut were what did him in. I can't believe he cut that much weight, probably for the first time in his life.

Not buying the whole "build up the younger guys with freakshow headliners" narrative. Bellator has not done much to change up their core roster since Coker came aboard and non-freak show/AARP member fights generally get the same numbers. It's a cheap attempt at what has successfully been done in the past and it's not working.

I listened to yesteday's MMA hour and Luke Thomas made a good point on the show. Bellator need to stack there undercard since so many people will already be tuning in for fights like Kimbo vs DADA and Royce vs Ken. They really need to start developing their younger unknown talent, its only going to help them.

Sort of.
They need to have a killer headliner with two exciting fighters AFTER their next Kimbo fight.
Create killer highlight videos, have interviews, etc.
Get the casuals invested in the fight AFTER Kimbo and create stars that way.
Too many don't care about undercard fights.

Just pick opponents where the fight is more likely to end in the first or have them throw them, like Ken does.

They should let Kimbo fight with no time limits like UFC 1.
That will show him to get on the treadmill.
You dont reward bad behaviour.

I understand that he answers to Viacom and blah blah blah, but Coker's dive into the gutter is nevertheless disappointing given that he's the same guy who said this:

"I believe in what martial arts does for people. The perseverance, the indomitable spirit, the respect, the character building, all the things that martial arts teaches you, not just combative but in life skills, is important for people to know. So I said to myself, 'This is what I am going to dedicate my life to, to spreading the gospel, spreading the word, about martial arts teachings.' And whether I was teaching myself, or whether I was studying martial arts myself, which I do and I believe in, or whether it was promoting martial arts fights on a small scale or on a big platform, the mission statement has always stayed true."

Back