Coffee shop Girl (Update on #205)

The dramatic conclusion to adventures of pugilistic: Café girl edition

After some hard thinking, I’ve decided to quit my current job and start my own venture. Whatever happens with that, I just don’t think this company and this field is a good fit for me. That also means no more café girl because I’m not going to commute an hour like I am currently doing just to see her.

I went to the café again to grab some tea and as I was ordering told her that she won’t have to see me again. She asked me, “oh why not?” and I told her I’m quitting and will be gone in a couple of weeks. In jest I said, “You’re going to miss me right?” at which she nervously laughed.

I told her I don’t think I will have the chance again so I will ask her one more time for her number. I told her I think she’s beautiful and that I would like to take her out for a drink sometime. She thanked me for the flattery but declined.

There’s the conclusion guys. Thanks for the advice, the lulzy comments and for making this an epic thread. Once I actually stop coming to work, it also means I won’t post here as nearly as much since I only really go on sherdog because I’m bored at work.
You quit your job over poon? Where have I heard this before, I swear there was a thread here last year where some workzoned guy got rejected bad and felt the awkwardness so he quit.

You quit your job over poon? Where have I heard this before, I swear there was a thread here last year where some workzoned guy got rejected bad and felt the awkwardness so he quit.
Lol no, it’s not like that. Just want to try something different professionally. Café chick is gonna regret it when I’ll be rich and famous (or also know as an average sherdogger).

Lol no, it’s not like that. Just want to try something different professionally. Café chick is gonna regret it when I’ll be rich and famous (or also know as an average sherdogger).
This sounds exactly like the beginning of Creed

1234443297_ken_park_suicide.gif

Don't get butt hurt. Just next her and move on bro.

Take it from me. I am likely a bit older then you. I run into women I dated or hooked up with, girls it just didn't workout likely due to chemistry. Many are fat as fuck, mongoloid looking, single moms, bastard children from different men.

What to do? Sit back and enjoy the ride. There is no sweeter feels then running into someone from the past that went full retard and now looks like shrek after SMV has plummeted beyond repair and squandered.

RodgersSmug.gif

Take it for the experience that it is. How would you do it differently next time? What went well? Is there a way you could go about it better next time? I can be friends with girls. There is no point of hitting on lots and just letting it go by the way side. A cool chick, a woman dedicated to self awareness, self knowledge, and reason will introduce you to her cool friends or wing you. I have hooked up with girls. Some are married now or engaged. They are cool chicks that just knew it was what it was. Not forever. Just for now.

Find the cool chicks man. Just stay on the grind. Only piece of advice I can give you; STEP IT UP FASTER. Chat up 4x &&& AQUIRE DIGITS ASAP OR NEXT HER!

Quick update guys

I went down to the café during my lunch break again to study some Spanish and use studying Spanish as an excuse to go down to the café so I can creep on the café chick. Today is the day I decided to finally do it and not be a pussy so hardened by resolve, I grab my Spanish book and note pad, and head to the café. The café girl is there as always, always as beautiful and full of smiles. As some of you may know, I live in Korea, where people obviously speak Korean. But because I have to switch back and forth from English to Korean most of the time at work, I sometimes forget to switch to the right language. I decided to make some small talk, so I approach the counter and ask, “Can you recommend anything?”

I had this idea in my head that she would recommend whichever drink she likes and I would offer to get her one sometime. She responded with a look of surprise and said in Korean, “Why are you speaking English all of the sudden?” I realized my partial mistake and asked again in Korean. She answers, “Um…everything here is good!” With a small smile and without much conviction in what she said. So I just got some tea.

I plop down at a chair to read and look at sherdog on my phone while sneaking glances at the café girl. There were not many customers. She looked bored and kept looking at her phone. I toy with the idea of going up to talk to her but I wanted to time it when her supervisor (an older lady) wasn’t there. The supervisor did leave her alone for a bathroom break but I missed my window of opportunity. Some other people from my work came down and something about hitting on a chick while coworkers around felt weird so I sat back and did not make a move. I was contemplating pussing out.

My lunch break was over and I slowly made my way to the counter, thinking of what to say. I brought the empty cup my tea was served in and she came over and asked, “Do you want me to throw that away for you?”

I say yes, thank you, and before I walk away, she asks, “Are you not fluent in Korean?”
I explain my language switching issue, and she says with a smile (always with a smile), “Sorry about that earlier. I didn’t know. Have a nice day!”
I’m about to walk away, but the realization that I’m a pussy hit me hard.. I turn around and blurt out, “Hey I have a quick question.” She turns to me and I ask her, “Do you have a boyfriend?” To which she smiles and says no.
Inside I’m leaping in joy. I press forward with, “Can I have your number?”

She hesitates, looks back at her supervisor who is looking back at us wondering what’s going on. She looks back at me and says, “Sorry, I’m at work right.”
I try to make a joke, “So I should be back when you’re not working.”

She just nods, but this time without her perpetual smile.

Well…I tried. In fact I guess I didn’t actually get rejected so I can perhaps try to catch her again when her supervisor isn’t there. In my embarrassment and eagerness to hastily retreat, I didn’t even ask her her name or ask her when is a better time. I am not going to stalk her and try to find her when she gets off. The over-analyzing part of me is evaluating that I should’ve come off more assertive and direct. But I tried...and I updated this thread. Time for me go hunt and roast some pigeons now.

Dude.... good on you for trying, but hard work should also be smart work. You gave her no warmup/lead-in phase so that made her feel WTF and awkward. Its not your fault but hhehe... yeah... I've made that same mistake countless times before I learned to move around more smoothly..

Always get them to feel something emotionally, take them out of their "im at work" mode. If you haven't penetrated that work defence emotionally, then well... its not gonna work. .

Easiest way is to get them to laugh and tease them, work up to a natural exchange of numbers involving a reason to exchange numbers (shared reading a book, go to an event, watch a movie) as opposed to an awkward "can I get your number" situation. The number should be an annoying logistic... not a goal...

The dramatic conclusion to adventures of pugilistic: Café girl edition

After some hard thinking, I’ve decided to quit my current job and start my own venture. Whatever happens with that, I just don’t think this company and this field is a good fit for me. That also means no more café girl because I’m not going to commute an hour like I am currently doing just to see her.

I went to the café again to grab some tea and as I was ordering told her that she won’t have to see me again. She asked me, “oh why not?” and I told her I’m quitting and will be gone in a couple of weeks. In jest I said, “You’re going to miss me right?” at which she nervously laughed.

I told her I don’t think I will have the chance again so I will ask her one more time for her number. I told her I think she’s beautiful and that I would like to take her out for a drink sometime. She thanked me for the flattery but declined.

There’s the conclusion guys. Thanks for the advice, the lulzy comments and for making this an epic thread. Once I actually stop coming to work, it also means I won’t post here as nearly as much since I only really go on sherdog because I’m bored at work.

Be honest, you're quitting because you embarrassed yourself. Right?

Back