coffee and energydrinks

Any particular reason not to cream your coffee other than it not being manly?

I personally enjoy a little organic half n half with mine.

my coffee at work tastes like damn motor oil but i still man up and drink it straight black as can be. And you shouldnt put any bullshit like cream/ sugar in it because they arent good for you. And it makes you look like a vagina

my coffee at work tastes like damn motor oil but i still man up and drink it straight black as can be. And you shouldnt put any bullshit like cream/ sugar in it because they arent good for you. And it makes you look like a vagina

LOL

Any particular reason not to cream your coffee other than it not being manly?

I personally enjoy a little organic half n half with mine.

organic half n half = baby batter?

I think Poliquin was quote once as saying:

"Moderate consumption of coffee also has positive effects on the liver. However, coffee is one of those foods that's extremely important to choose organic. Oh, and if you're bored on weekends and wanted to perhaps give yourself cancer? Drink decaffeinated coffee."

Does he(or anyone here) have any thoughts as to when to drink it? For example drinking it later in the day might raise cortisol levels too much? :icon_conf

*shrugs*

*adds cream*

080616170839largeca3.jpg

coffeemj9.jpg

That pretty much says it all.

I usually put a little milk in my coffee, sometimes some cappuccino mix if I'm in the mood for a lil sweeter.

Thread derailment:

Anybody else put whey in their mornin' coffee? I've started to do this. Usually a little less than a full scoop in ~12 oz of coffee, not to change the coffee taste, but to get a lil more protein. Thoughts?

I usually put a little milk in my coffee, sometimes some cappuccino mix if I'm in the mood for a lil sweeter.

Thread derailment:

Anybody else put whey in their mornin' coffee? I've started to do this. Usually a little less than a full scoop in ~12 oz of coffee, not to change the coffee taste, but to get a lil more protein. Thoughts?

I've never gotten the whey to fully disolve. I haven't tried putting it in a shaker cup though, so I imagine that might help. I dunno, if I drank mediocre coffee I might feel better about adding protein, but I've gone out of my way to find and consume good coffee... maybe that makes me a snob? Still, extra calories are extra calories when you're bulking, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Thread derailment:

i did that today

1 scoop of musclemilk mocha latte and coffee instead of water

it was bitter as hell but hey its muscle milk so it was still good

drink organic shade grown coffee. a million times better than any commercial coffee crap. goes down the throat a lot smoother too. also, black is good and I add a little agave into it sometimes but white sugar and crap with powder creamers, no that stuff is all processed crap. if you use cream use whole organic milk. but black is fine and should not be bitter. if it is, whoever made it did not do a good job. coffee flavor is improved when made with cold water by the way instead of straight tap water.

also coffee research has linked people who drink about 3 cups of coffee a day reduce their risk of:

Alzheimer's
Parkinson's
gout
cirrhosis of liver
can helps with cardiac problems

but too much can cause other problems involving blood pressure and especially exabercate heart conditions

btw, decaf coffee does not share any of the above benefits

I had a buddy doing the whey thing with his coffee. he was working part-time in a vitamin store, and I swear, he came home with about $5k worth of schizz every month, and I know he didn't pay for it. Anyways, I tried it, not too bad, but you get used to the medicine-like taste of all the supplements after a while. I thought the heat would do something to the mix, but not so. My say, drink up.

Asian, the agave sounds good. Are you using it straight from the plant? never seen agave in the stores, where can I get it?

I've never gotten the whey to fully disolve. I haven't tried putting it in a shaker cup though, so I imagine that might help. I dunno, if I drank mediocre coffee I might feel better about adding protein, but I've gone out of my way to find and consume good coffee... maybe that makes me a snob? Still, extra calories are extra calories when you're bulking, I don't see anything wrong with it.

I found that if the coffee's a little hotter, and ya don't put quite as much protein in, it helps. When I first tried it, I couldn't get it to fully dissolve, either, and had clumps floatin' around, but now it's fine... I figure that since I'm usually gone for 12-14 hours a day this summer, a little more protein in the mornin' ain't gonna hurt.

Asian, the agave sounds good. Are you using it straight from the plant? never seen agave in the stores, where can I get it?

go to any health food stores and they will carry it. check the ingredients and it should say 100% agave nectar. anything else like corn syrup or crap added to it, dont get it

Right on, I am definitely going to check that out. I made the mistake of tying it right from the cactus...the taste is bitter, not too bad, but it smells awful. Thanks for the heads up, appreciated.

Illy coffee, that's what we carry, and I love it

Back