Cody Needs To Stop the Taunting he would of KO'd Cruz if he did'nt

honestly i feel like the taunting probably might have helped him win a close round, or at least tie going to him - i do agree that he prob didnt need to clown too much, but i liked how he stayed patient, had confidence in his p unches, and just repeatedly beat cruz in the big punches / exchanges

the mental damage that cruz was taking must have had some impact on his performance - he was getting clowned, was bleeding immensely and had been knocked down muliple times - in addition to the physical damage he was feeling, he must have been feeling the pressure

Nah, Rush in to finish and you get a flash ko or takedown.
Not only did he get the mental edge by dominating and embarrassing him, he now knows he can go 5 rounds. HUGE mental victory.

Definitely let Dom off the hook in that particular exchange when he first dropped him, but the story of the fight was Cody's patience and athleticism.

He hurt Dom many times but kept mindful of how awkward, slick and determined Cruz is as a fighter. So you have to chalk some of it up to Cody maintaining his fight IQ and fighting his fight. He never chased or over extended himself.

Dom showed off his toughness and did a good job trying to conceal his bewilderment, and Cody showed he knows how to stick with a strategy and fight smart.

The after the first knock down he went after Cruz and ate some good shots when Cruz fired back. I think he realized that Cruz has the ability to recover very, very quickly and will remain a dangerous fighter even after he gets rocked. I think decided that it would be best to keep the same pace and just land shots as they came naturally to save the gas tank.

That was some great fight IQ by Cody.

This was a worse beating. He completely emasculated and made a mockery of Dom in one of the most savage performances against a champ ever

if he KOd him Dom and his fangirls could play the "he got caught" angle.

he got completely and surgically dominated and clowned/styled on, beat at his own game

I wouldn't go that far. He definitely dominated a great champion in a great fight, but there have been several more savage performances against champs. So many that I'm not sure if this would even make top 10.

Silva - Franklin
Weidman - Silva
Mir - Sylvia
JJ - Esparza
Jones - Shogun
Rampage - Chuck
Cain - JDS I & II
Serra - GSP
TJ - Barao
Hendo - Wanderlei
Cain - Brock
Ronda - Holly
Nunes - Tate
Franklin - Tanner
RDA - Pettis
Rousey - Tate

I wouldn't go that far. He definitely dominated a great champion in a great fight, but there have been several more savage performances against champs. So many that I'm not sure if this would even make top 10.

Silva - Franklin
Weidman - Silva
Mir - Sylvia
JJ - Esparza
Jones - Shogun
Rampage - Chuck
Cain - JDS I & II
Serra - GSP
TJ - Barao
Hendo - Wanderlei
Cain - Brock
Ronda - Holly
Nunes - Tate
Franklin - Tanner
RDA - Pettis
Rousey - Tate

good list except it was Holly-Ronda and I thought Tate's performance against Holly was pretty good.

Silva - Franklin
Weidman - Silva
Mir - Sylvia
JJ - Esparza
Jones - Shogun
Rampage - Chuck
Cain - JDS I & II
Serra - GSP
TJ - Barao
Hendo - Wanderlei
Cain - Brock
Ronda - Holly
Nunes - Tate
Franklin - Tanner
RDA - Pettis
Rousey - Tate
LAL.

No Conor vs. Eddie.

Shit was the most one-sided title fight in history.

This was a worse beating. He completely emasculated and made a mockery of Dom in one of the most savage performances against a champ ever

he got completely and surgically dominated and clowned/styled on, beat at his own game
I got the sense that Cody wanted to keep pummeling him for talking shit

That's because you never trained fighting before.

Just because you drop someone doesn't mean you can easily finish them. If he rushed in like you thought he should of done, he could of easily worn himself out early or even worst if he got up and tried chasing him down, he might of got caught with Cruz.
In that fight Cruz recovered very fast from those clean shots which is pretty impressive and he looked like he still was very dangerous even in the last round

honestly i feel like the taunting probably might have helped him win a close round, or at least tie going to him - i do agree that he prob didnt need to clown too much, but i liked how he stayed patient, had confidence in his p unches, and just repeatedly beat cruz in the big punches / exchanges

the mental damage that cruz was taking must have had some impact on his performance - he was getting clowned, was bleeding immensely and had been knocked down muliple times - in addition to the physical damage he was feeling, he must have been feeling the pressure

He was clowning because he knew he could get away with it. He knew Cruz had nothing for him

This. I believe he wanted to beat in him more as well.

It was a good lesson for Cruz. He needed to be taunted like that, it was beautiful.

Would have*
giphy.gif

He out-Cruz'd Cruz. He fought the perfect fight.

And also, the body locking was fucking epic. Not really a fan of Cody, but he was on FIRE.

Still completely shocked by this fight, I was 100% wrong about Cody's chance/skillset. Dom got a hugggggeeee slice of humble pie. The taunting was the only thing that left a bad taste in my mouth, I actually like taunting like when he would just point at him, but all the other shit was goofy and made him look kinda stupid. Good fight either way.

Loved his performance, didn't like the taunting much. He milked it too much and went overboard with it. I can see why though - Cruz was very condescending and humiliating towards hhim during the build-up so why not rub it in, I guess.

Back