Cody Garbrandt would knock Dominick Cruz out clean.

Not likely Cruz is hard to hit and not a stationary target.

I'm sure he has the power to do it, but Cruz is the least hit guy in the division. Can't ko what you can't hit...

He is still too raw, needs many more fights against top opponents. hasn't faced anyone in top 5 yet. Cruz dominates him easily at this point.. 50-44, Cody will be swinging at air

Only people I see beating Cruz are possibly Mighty Mouse and Dodson.

OK, Cody, that's enough for one day, time to get off the internet and go play in the sandbox with all your friends from Team Alpha Male before it's dark and time for bed.

i scored it for tj. Certainly could have gone either way regardless of who you think won, so cant leave Tj out of that.

Cody could win against the air, 50-45, but against Cruz, he couldn't even hit him.

I sure hope so.
Neck tatt should try beating a top 5 opponent first. He's a good athlete with great power, but I have noticed he is a bit of a head hunter and wings his punches. I still think he needs more time, if the fight happens anytime soon he'll get molliwhopped.

Dom via Cruz control

Neck tatt should try beating a top 5 opponent first. He's a good athlete with great power, but I have noticed he is a bit of a head hunter and wings his punches. I still think he needs more time, if the fight happens anytime soon he'll get molliwhopped.

Dom via Cruz control

Fantastic Breakdown Brabo. Why aren't you in the UFC yet?

Dillashaw has a chance, but I wouldn't expect to see the same Cruz in the second fight. He looked phenomenal against old man Faber, even though he is in decline. Moraes would also make an interesting foil to the Dominator.

Cody and his waxed bikini line has nothing for Dom.

Cody isn't even the top guy in his team - why would anyone think he's coming for Cruz's belt?

Dom via Cruz control

honest question, what does "wings his punches" mean?

honest question, what does "wings his punches" mean?
There are guys on the board who know far more striking than I do. I'm actually a grappler LOL, but I'll explain as best as I can.

When you "wing" a punch, the elbow flares out from your body which makes the arm resemble a wing. A winged punch causes the arm to flare out from your side instead of traveling from the pocket straight towards your target. Keeping your elbow in tight on your punches causes less disappation of the kinetic energy. So in theory, your punches connect harder.

Garbrandt comes from a boxing background, but his straights I have noticed he wings a bit on occasion. So in theory this guy could be hitting even harder than he already does, which is kinda scary for his size.

There are guys on the board who know far more striking than I do. I'm actually a grappler LOL, but I'll explain as best as I can.

When you "wing" a punch, the elbow flares out from your body which makes the arm resemble a wing. A winged punch causes the arm to flare out from your side instead of traveling from the pocket straight towards your target. Keeping your elbow in tight on your punches causes less disappation of the kinetic energy. So in theory, your punches connect harder.

Garbrandt comes from a boxing background, but his straights I have noticed he wings a bit on occasion. So in theory this guy could be hitting even harder than he already does, which is kinda scary for his size.

thanks, i kinda figured it was something like that. Cody does come from wide angles with lots of hooks and doesnt do a lot of the traditional hands up down the pipe quickest point a to b approach. But from my untrained perspective, i would think his style actually produces more power. His feet are always set and when he throws he has a lot of base power behind it. Lots of guy who throw straight down the middle seem to have trouble putting wobbeled opponents away becasue they dont have the power behind them. Cody's style might be a little slower or less accurate, but it seems he is swinging for home runs with his looping punches kinda reminiscent of chick liddell. That he has good footwork where he is technically sound and not off balance and he keeps his visual concentration not losing site of his opponent, i think his punching style is great for mma. Of course dom is a whole nother beast due to his style and elusiveness.

thanks, i kinda figured it was something like that. Cody does come from wide angles with lots of hooks and doesnt do a lot of the traditional hands up down the pipe quickest point a to b approach. But from my untrained perspective, i would think his style actually produces more power. His feet are always set and when he throws he has a lot of base power behind it. Lots of guy who throw straight down the middle seem to have trouble putting wobbeled opponents away becasue they dont have the power behind them. Cody's style might be a little slower or less accurate, but it seems he is swinging for home runs with his looping punches kinda reminiscent of chick liddell. That he has good footwork where he is technically sound and not off balance and he keeps his visual concentration not losing site of his opponent, i think his punching style is great for mma. Of course dom is a whole nother beast due to his style and elusiveness.
Yeah he's kind of an all or nothing puncher, not a pot shotter. Those wide shots just aren't something I think would work against Dom personally. I think he needs to mix it up more In terms of his hand techniques. He is undefeated though hard to argue with his results.

Only if Cruz hurts his foot during the fight again.

yeah he's got good speed power and footwork but if dillashaw couldnt catch cruz, cody wont unless cruz's injury got toll on him. i would say tho it wouldnt surprise me alot if he hits flush and knocks cruz out

Back