Cody Garbrandt Says USADA Tested Positive for Stupidity

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“[Dillashaw] stole a lot from me,” Garbrandt said. “I wasn’t surprised at all. I was surprised that’s the first time USADA’s ever tested for EPO. I stated back in -- what was it 2017? -- that I’d like to do more invasive testing.

“We have to log in everywhere we go. We have to answer the door at 6:00am, piss, urine, blood, everything, write down every supplement we have. There should be no boundaries or picos or this or that. You either cheat or you don’t.

“The first time he got tested for EPO was when he fought Henry? It’s crazy. What are they even testing for? We’re not in there shooting steroids and getting big, they’re doing EPO. They’re doing all that kind of sh*t to cardio base. I knew that. I knew T.J. was on that and that’s why I said I wanted more invasive testing. He’s been on it for five, six years. And that’s not the only thing he’s on.

“There’s a lot of other fighters that are on sh*t too, so if you’re gonna draw a line on what we can do or how we can test -- you can’t keep this sample, we can’t detect EPO -- then what are we getting tested for? Let it all be legal and let’s all get juiced up and go in there and f*ck each other up.”

Garbrandt makes a point. Until recently, EPO has not been something USADA usually tested for as it required special analysis. However, that doesn’t change the facts on the ground and Garbrandt is trying to move past what he can’t control, though he admits it is hard not to think about what he lost sometimes.

“I wouldn’t say that I don’t think about it, you know what I mean?,” Garbrandt said. “What if? But now it’s like, I know I’m the best in the world, drug-free. I’ve had probably over 40 tests from USADA and nothing. There’s been nothing that’s been illegal or anything. So like I said, I think we have to change the guidelines on that.”

-MMAFighting.com

For sure he is mad about that
TJ possibly killed Codys career thanks to EPO

Since the first tj loss he is not the same, hopefully confidence going to build back up because the tools is right there

He's not wrong about a lot of things, but the main one for me is that there shouldn't be any exceptions. Either you piss hot or you don't. Either everything is ok, or nothing is. Respect, necktats.

For sure he is mad about that
TJ possibly killed Codys career thanks to EPO
Why wouldnt he be? He lost out, and he was telling these guys exactly what tj was taking. Usada needs to be in with the ufc on this. Its a big money maker for them.

And idiots on here think they are being too harsh on TJ..

I mean the guy only gave multiple competitors CTE, tarnished their legacies, stole money from them, and embarrassed them, all in unfair fights

Absolutely disgusting. Should be a 4 year ban at the least. More preferably lifetime.

I mean yeah, but Cody didn't have to take the whole sample down in one gulp like some modern day piss prophet.

I mean the guy only gave multiple competitors CTE, tarnished their legacies, stole money from them, and embarrassed them, all in unfair fights

Absolutely disgusting. Should be a 4 year ban at the least. More preferably lifetime.

Who are these imaginary people?

Who are these imaginary people?
Really bud?

You're right they dont exist and I made it u . No one has ever said that on sherdog ever. You are so cool and an absolutely genius.

I'm not going to pull up old threads and quote them for you if that's what you're asking. Do it yourself dork

iu

USADA re-tested TJ's samples from Lineker through Garbrandt 2 and didn't detect EPO. Just sour grapes from a guy who really shouldn't be calling anyone or anything else dumb.

He is right on almost everything.

Wonder how bad would the backlash be if he evr tested positive for something though...

Sucks to be him TJ cooked his brain.

giphy.gif

TJ didnt pop for those two fights.He can moan how much he wants.TJ is better than him

I understand his point, but you can't test everyone for everything. Who knows why they weren't testing for EPO previously. Did the feel the tests weren't reliable enough? Are they more costly? Maybe they felt it was a better use of time and resources to test more people for more substances than to test a few guys for EPO. Who knows, but it's not quite as simple as just testing everyone for everything all the time.

Fact: TJ is the only person in MMA to win fights on PEDs. I call bs on TAM having clean fighters.... Almost all of them look suspect.

How about the guys Mendes gave CTE to?

I understand his point, but you can't test everyone for everything. Who knows why they weren't testing for EPO previously. Did the feel the tests weren't reliable enough? Are they more costly? Maybe they felt it was a better use of time and resources to test more people for more substances than to test a few guys for EPO. Who knows, but it's not quite as simple as just testing everyone for everything all the time.
Yes you can, that's why USADA is there.

Back