coca cola = healthy active lifestyle

Public Relations at its finest

I just had to go and get me a coke after reading this, Im just about to open it

Now that's what I call dedication to a healthy, active lifestyle.

Are you deathly allergic to sugar or something? Raised in a hippy commune? Son of Lipton?

I can't even imagine the set of circumstances that leads to a man never having drank a soda in America. Please, do tell.

lol carbonation. I dont drink anything with it. It fuckin burns, guess i have a weak ass throat. But whatevs

Food related companies do this type of false advertising propaganda all the time.
I remember back in the day when Kellogg's kept bragging about how Frosted Flakes was healthy for you.

Food related companies do this type of false advertising propaganda all the time.
I remember back in the day when Kellogg's kept bragging about how Frosted Flakes was healthy for you.

Or when KFC randomly started saying that their chicken was part of a healthy diet.

I don't think that a Coke a day is a problem. Like anything else, abuse and over indulgence will be a problem.

If you live near Mexico, go down there and get your Cokes. They are sweetened with real sugar cane.

With all that said, I really don't like soda and I hardly ever drink any.

Coke is worried about soda becoming the new cigarette - basically seen as wholly unhealthy and that people who are seen drinking a soda are deemed to be lower class and not intelligent.

Also they did polling where people said soda was unhealthy, but thought it was more unhealthy than it is - some thought it had upwards of 800 calories, so Coke smelt an opening and is pushing a "hey we only have 160 cals" ad campaign. Of course not focusing on the sugar or empty carbs.

Will the "Coke - We're healthy and active" ad campaign work? Not bloody likely. Marketing isn't that good that you can take a wholly unhealthy product, in this case carbonated sugar water, and sell it as healthy any more than you could sell cigarettes as healthy.

Sodas are nearly as bad as some people seem to think they are. That doesn't mean they are healthy, and it doesn't mean you should start drinking them if you don't currently. You are probably better off not drinking them. Like most things, drinking sodas in moderation isn't going to hurt you. The problem is people often drink soda like they should drink water. That's a shit ton of extra sugar and calories that you don't need. Drinking 1-2 sodas a day won't harm you much at all. If you enjoy it or feel it gives you a bit of energy, nothing to worry about in my opinion.

Soda is mindless calories though. If you watch your diet and calorie count than sure you can drink soda on occasion. But if somebody is drinking 2 soda's a day I'm willing to bet they don't have that good a diet to begin with. Just substituting 2 glasses of water for those two soda's would be a difference in 30lbs weight difference in a year.

Sodas are nearly as bad as some people seem to think they are. That doesn't mean they are healthy, and it doesn't mean you should start drinking them if you don't currently. You are probably better off not drinking them. Like most things, drinking sodas in moderation isn't going to hurt you. The problem is people often drink soda like they should drink water. That's a shit ton of extra sugar and calories that you don't need. Drinking 1-2 sodas a day won't harm you much at all. If you enjoy it or feel it gives you a bit of energy, nothing to worry about in my opinion.

This. Although it could be argued that hitting the panic button is the only way to scare half the population away from obesity at this point.

If people could handle moderation on their own there wouldn't be a problem in the first place lol.

Will the "Coke - We're healthy and active" ad campaign work? Not bloody likely. Marketing isn't that good that you can take a wholly unhealthy product, in this case carbonated sugar water, and sell it as healthy any more than you could sell cigarettes as healthy.

Even this analogy is pushing it. Coke being "wholly unhealthy" is entirely contextual, which isn't the case with cigarettes.

Do you like coke?

"I like the idea of it more than I actually like it"

i think that coke should treat their product like candy bar companies do theirs. don't talk about it being healthy or anything similar. just stick to the fact that it tastes good.

if people are concerned about their health, they can read the nutritional values on the product.

Whenever I drink a coke, I get the miniature size ones, that are 90 cal. They are so cute.

They use to think soft drinks were a health drink. For them to be doing that now is pretty hilarious.

Most people know coke aint good for you. The more disturbing trend is the fruit juices and iced coffee frappe things that are loaded with sugar that dumbasses don't realise

I don't know why people knock coke with the health stuff. In triathlons they serve flat coke during the race. People even ride with that in their water bottles including some of the pros.That stuff definitely helps.

Back