coca cola = healthy active lifestyle

I don't know why people knock coke with the health stuff. In triathlons they serve flat coke during the race. People even ride with that in their water bottles including some of the pros.That stuff definitely helps.

Really?
I thought they were drinking whiskey the entire time.

Soda is mindless calories though. If you watch your diet and calorie count than sure you can drink soda on occasion. But if somebody is drinking 2 soda's a day I'm willing to bet they don't have that good a diet to begin with. Just substituting 2 glasses of water for those two soda's would be a difference in 30lbs weight difference in a year.

I think the word you were looking for is empty calories. This meaning you are taking in alot of calories that don't really fill you up like food. I know far too many very good athletes that drink sodas fairly often to think it's that bad for you. We all know many good athletes that do. Also, think of this. Think of the people you know that drink regular sodas. Most of them are either not overweight at all or just barely overweight. Now, think of people that drink diet sodas, they are on average the people that are overweight. Now, there are definitely exceptions both ways. I would agree most people that don't drink sodas are thin. The thing is we have to remember that there are other high calorie drinks that you need to moderate like juices, sports drinks, alcoholic drinks, etc.

I drank 4 20oz. sodas today with my 2 foot long subs from Subway which is all I've eaten today. Combine that with my everyday activity and a 1hr30min MMA training, I'm probably on a calorie deficit and will lose weight. Most people probably don't have near as much control over their diet as I do to work things like soda in, but they shouldn't be thought of as the enemy.

I do agree with someone else that replied to me that people need to be scared or even more have their ass kicked to realize what they need to do to lose weight.

Last edited:
Back