CNN Drops Reza Aslan Following Anti-Trump Tweets

MMAAAM

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
reza-aslan.jpg

CNN no longer believes in “Believer,” the non-fiction series it launched earlier this year with Reza Aslan, the Iranian-American author and religious scholar.

“CNN has decided to not move forward with production on the acquired series ‘Believer with Reza Aslan,'” the network said in a statement. “We wish Reza and his production team all the best. “

Aslan came under fire earlier this month after using profanity to describe President Donald Trump in the wake of remarks the President made about the terrorist attacks on London. In the tweet, Aslan called Trump “a piece of s—” and expressed dismay at Trump’s use of the tragedy to promote his desire for a so-called “travel ban” on certain kinds of people hailing from specific countries in the Middle East. The author later apologized, saying, “I should have used better language to express my shock and frustration at the president’s lack of decorum and sympathy for the victims of London. I apologize for my choice of words.”

“Believer” would have entered a second season if it had been picked up.

“Obviously I am very disappointed in this decision. ‘Believer’ means a great deal to me and to the countless viewers it’s reached. Its message of religious tolerance and exploration is extremely important right now. I am deeply grateful to CNN for giving me the opportunity to launch the show and to amplify my voice on their network. I am especially grateful to the legion of people within the Turner organization who worked so hard to make the show a hit series,” said Aslan, in a prepared statement. ” However, in these politically charged times, the tenor of our nation’s discourse has become complicated, and I recognize that CNN needs to protect its brand as an unbiased news outlet. Similarly, I need to honor my voice. I am not a journalist. I am a social commentator and scholar. And so I agree with CNN that it is best that we part ways. I look forward to partnering with another platform in the future to continue to spread my message. I wish CNN all the best.”

Good. He is right that Trump is a piece of shit. But as a journalist, he needs to at least keep up the appearance of impartiality. They need to be as objective as they can. It was the right move to fire him.

So CNN doesn't drop him when he practicisd cannibalism and maligned Hindus, but they drop him when he calls Trump a POS. I thought CNN was supposed to be liberal .

This is a good turn of events but CNN shouldn't get high fives though.

So CNN doesn't drop him when he practicisd cannibalism and maligned Hindus, but they drop him when he calls Trump a POS. I thought CNN was supposed to be liberal .
cnn is crazy liberal.

Yea cannibalism is just being open minded but calling someone a piece of shit? THAT"S OVER THE LINE!!

What is happening to the world lol.

cnn is crazy liberal.

I disagree : they are liberal on some domestic issues but they are hawkish or just go along with US interventionist interests when it comes to foreign policy. They , like other mainstream establishement liberals, defend Islam and Muslims but they had no trouble smearing Hindus (who are mostly Brown) .

Good.

He's a dishonest Islamist snake in the grass.

cnn is crazy liberal.
They're pro-money. Shitting on the POTUS is not good for business especially if you're a terrorist like Aslan.

That's good news, for all of Trump's faults he is helping in the culture wars. It was almost universally accepted to insult and even to encourage crimes against Christians/Whites/Conservatives.

A while ago,
Piss on a crucifix= gets tax payer money, see Piss Jesus
Burn a quran= gets criticized by Obama

Yeah you can't be wishing that someone else gets raped. But I see that's from 2012, so I guess cnn didn't care that he said that.
Right, the point there is that Reza Aslan has always been an awful person and that this was public knowledge.

They probably wanted to cancel it anyway and now they can get around the islamist PC police easier.

Seems CNN is trying to re-establish itself as a more neutral outlet.

However, I do get the sense that Aslan's future was hanging by a thread anyway.

They wont have anyone left soon if they keep firing people over Trump haha

Grumpycatgood.jpg

I disagree : they are liberal on some domestic issues but they are hawkish or just go along with US interventionist interests when it comes to foreign policy. They , like other mainstream establishement liberals, defend Islam and Muslims but they had no trouble smearing Hindus (who are mostly Brown) .

I'm not contradicting you at all, but what is it they said about Hindus? Seems like an odd group to attack.

Seems CNN is trying to re-establish itself as a more neutral outlet.

However, I do get the sense that Aslan's future was hanging by a thread anyway.
That would be smart business. Msnbc is probably the most liberal.

Back