CM Punk will do much better than people expect

The tough argument doesn't hold up for me. Yes tough as in he knows how to take bumps on his back(which I'm sure hurt) and works many nights in row in the tough wrestling business. But uh yeah WTF does that have to do with taking punches and leg kicks? If the UFC wants him to work five days straight getting slammed on his back then yes his toughness will help him.

Believe it or not it will matter.

Mind plays a huge factor, and when you are mentally strong, it applies to everything, not only to one specific thing.

So, yes of course he will probably even cry after some training sessions, but he will not quit and he will continue training very hard.

Being tough does not mean you don't feel pain, it means you feel a lot of pain but you keep going forward.

The best thing they could do for the guy would be to get him a couple ammy fights before his debut.

They could be under the guise of "sparring" and make the fighters and coaches sign non disclosure statements.

The difference between a fighters first fight and their 3rd or fourth is monumental

I am sure he will be in a couple of smokers first.

To summarize the OP
We have never seen him take a punch, or fight at all.

He will be fighting a nobody in his first fight, so I doubt he will lose that one.

Well on paper there is nobody with less experience on the roster so i don't know who he beats

I guarantee you that he won't win a SINGLE fight.
I bet my entire account on it.

I don't watch pro wrestling. I've only seen him in interviews. He seems like an honest, straight forward and intelligent dude. Like I said I hope he does well.

This! I never saw him wrassle but I liked him very much when he was on the talking dead show.

I think he'll do a lot better than people expect.

Well on paper there is nobody with less experience on the roster so i don't know who he beats

I really think that they will bring someone into the UFC to fight CM.

'he's tough' may be the worst reason I've ever heard

I'd say Brock Lesnar was tough, and even though I think he was a lot better than some people give him credit for, he really didn't like getting hit. (beat up Carwin after he took some though!)

I've got nothing against the guy for joining the UFC, but I still hope and believe he will get completely annihilated in his first match. Even if the guy he faces is 0-0 he will most likely have years of experience training and a decent record as an amateur. That's more than we can or ever will say about CM Punk. But tbh I just want him to lose because I hate pro wrestling with a passion.

There are a lot of pro athletes that have more of the things you mentioned than CM Punk does, doesn't mean that they should just get to fight in the UFC because of it, and certainly doesn't mean that they could beat a guy who has proven himself to get a fight in the UFC. I think it is unfortunate that the UFC went this route, and I hope they don't bring in other unworthy guys just so Punk can win fights.

He's injury riddled

He's old

He doesn't like to fight

I really think that they will bring someone into the UFC to fight CM.

I think they will bring is a tuff wash out. Like Jason thatch or that French guy who gave up on the stool.

He could get spanked or might might be good. He's a crazy good athlete so that's a plus. The rest is tough to say.

For his sake I hope you are right. I'm very concerned for his health. I'm very worried that he will end up with serious brain damage if he takes shots to the head.

1-2 rare moments like cm punk or james toney isn't a bad thing. TUF is lame anyway, who wants to watch a bad reality show featuring grown men act like 14 year old boys and do all kinds of non-MMA related things?

I prefer having Punk as the first fight of the main card, which will draw in ratings and sales for the entire event. Everyone gets ratings benefit, and Punk isn't taking a top spot, while still being a good draw.

And I'm paying my hard earned money to watch an amateur fight? That's absurd. Make it a prelim fight or fight night fight, fine, whatever. But I do not want to pay to see an amateur fight on a UFC event. This is absolutely unbelievable to me.

Back