1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

CM Punk Is An Experiment.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by King Cobra, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Irishwhiskey119 Banned Banned

Punk would kick the shit out of all of you nerds. That being said he'll lose to any UFC fighter.

2. Fight Professor Gold Belt

I agree with the title. However, Punk is more athletic and disciplined than 99% of mma prospects.

While WWE does not have much to do with real combat, it requires athletes to train and perform way more often than MMA organizations. Pro wrestlers are also more used to exposure and performing at large events.

In addition Punk is in a much better camp than MMA prospects, or at least gets way more personal attention.

The point of the experiment is basically to see how well he can transform to become a real fighter with that experience.

3. rocketskates (Cancel) Culture Club

CM Punk is a win/win for the UFC. Some people want to see him do good, some want to see him get his ass kicked and some are WWE fans who would normally not buy/watch an event. It's a solid pay day.

4. BenRichards Brown Belt

i've been saying this for awhile now. it's not about whether or not he belongs/ deserves to be in the ufc, its like they're making the bionic man. pumping endless resources into a fairly average guy (physically anyways) and awaiting the outcome

5. ChachiKiller Brown Belt

The level of male body oggoling on this site is scary. It is about fighting not being ripped. Fedor? BJ? Others?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  6. Trybz Blue Belt

Didn't he lose to a citizenship biology teacher BOOM

7. King Cobra Purple Belt

Just because you are a weak nerdy bitch does not mean all of us signed on here are.

Speak for yourself virgin.

8. King Cobra Purple Belt

Brock Lesnar did well. They should had done it a while ago already.

9. ChachiKiller Brown Belt

He was signed in a bad period for the UFC and he is a distraction to how bad the sport got at one point. They needed time to build Rhonda and guys like Mcgregor to fill A. Silva, GSP and improve all the stuff over dead cards.

Being a promoter allows for side shows.

10. ZFury Purple Belt

It is to see how fast a guy, who wants to be a fighter, can pick it up late in life with the best trainers and virtually unlimited resources. Only this sport more than any other relies on the mind and on-the-spot choices, so he's just a drop in the ocean.

11. kurtwpg Silver Belt

Again, though we will never get through to everyone, Brock Lesnar was once the best 22 year old HW wrestler in the United States.

12. Hard Charger Black Belt

LOL...an experiment that has a following of a couple million people and doesn't even have to fight to garner exposure to the UFC.

13. MusterX Titanium Belt

Its gotta be in Chicago. The UFC just may be smart enough to let him fight there too.

14. King Cobra Purple Belt

I know that Captain Obvious.

The poster said that if "If Punk does well, I think you'll see the UFC recruiting a lot of new talent in a similar fashion to the WWE". yet Lesnar ended up doing well.

Of course he had a rich wrestling background, but there are WWE wrestlers with martial arts and grappling background in general.

Point is many of the top wrestlers in WWE make good money there and do not want to risk giving up a career they had worked hard to develop just so they can go and train for a year in MMA to see if they will succeed in the UFC.

15. templewarrior Blue Belt

If CM is an experiment or not, cannot fault him for doing what he is doing. I think most any of us given the same chance would jump all over it as well.

16. Fraz WATP

Only way Punk loses is if the UFC fixes fights again.

17. Dutch Rudder Pimp Belt

What about that monster mariusz pudzianowski....That is an experiment in MMA.
    Guy had zero fighting experience, but lots of strong man competition.
    [​IMG]

18. Singlelegsweep Blue Belt

I never heard anything about Kimbo not trying hard at training. In fact I heard a lot of people say the opposite, including Rampage and Bas Ruttin

19. Toxxus The Ancient One

I think you'd be surprised by the number of Sherdogger's that are currently training in martial arts or used to.

I know we lob Sherdogger around here as though it means 250lb basement dwelling fatass, but there are some real current and former athletes around here as well.

20. templewarrior Blue Belt

It seems like I had read that Bas gave up in the end with Kimbo because he was not absorbing what Bas was teaching him. I may be wrong but I think remember reading that.