CM Punk Is An Experiment.

Punk would kick the shit out of all of you nerds. That being said he'll lose to any UFC fighter.

I agree with the title. However, Punk is more athletic and disciplined than 99% of mma prospects.

While WWE does not have much to do with real combat, it requires athletes to train and perform way more often than MMA organizations. Pro wrestlers are also more used to exposure and performing at large events.

In addition Punk is in a much better camp than MMA prospects, or at least gets way more personal attention.

The point of the experiment is basically to see how well he can transform to become a real fighter with that experience.

CM Punk is a win/win for the UFC. Some people want to see him do good, some want to see him get his ass kicked and some are WWE fans who would normally not buy/watch an event. It's a solid pay day.

i've been saying this for awhile now. it's not about whether or not he belongs/ deserves to be in the ufc, its like they're making the bionic man. pumping endless resources into a fairly average guy (physically anyways) and awaiting the outcome

Punk is not of average athleticism and he has been in very good shape for over 15 years. So how can you compare him to an average guy picking up MMA from scratch? If you would take a 36 year old fat guy, transform him into an MMA fighter, he still wouldn't have the same body as a dude that has been training and eating right his whole life.

The level of male body oggoling on this site is scary. It is about fighting not being ripped. Fedor? BJ? Others?

Last edited:
Not everyone can be the number one person in their sport.
That doesn't mean they weren't successful in my opinion.
He was a very very skilled hand to hand combat fighter.
There are only a handful of men in the population of earth, that could be Kristo...K.S. in a fight.
I'd say he was fairly successful in his figjting.

Didn't he lose to a citizenship biology teacher BOOM

He was signed in a bad period for the UFC and he is a distraction to how bad the sport got at one point. They needed time to build Rhonda and guys like Mcgregor to fill A. Silva, GSP and improve all the stuff over dead cards.

Being a promoter allows for side shows.

It is to see how fast a guy, who wants to be a fighter, can pick it up late in life with the best trainers and virtually unlimited resources. Only this sport more than any other relies on the mind and on-the-spot choices, so he's just a drop in the ocean.

Brock Lesnar did well. They should had done it a while ago already.

Again, though we will never get through to everyone, Brock Lesnar was once the best 22 year old HW wrestler in the United States.

LOL...an experiment that has a following of a couple million people and doesn't even have to fight to garner exposure to the UFC.

And if he fights in Chicago, the place will go ballistic.

Its gotta be in Chicago. The UFC just may be smart enough to let him fight there too.

Again, though we will never get through to everyone, Brock Lesnar was once the best 22 year old HW wrestler in the United States.

I know that Captain Obvious.

The poster said that if "If Punk does well, I think you'll see the UFC recruiting a lot of new talent in a similar fashion to the WWE". yet Lesnar ended up doing well.

Of course he had a rich wrestling background, but there are WWE wrestlers with martial arts and grappling background in general.

Point is many of the top wrestlers in WWE make good money there and do not want to risk giving up a career they had worked hard to develop just so they can go and train for a year in MMA to see if they will succeed in the UFC.

If CM is an experiment or not, cannot fault him for doing what he is doing. I think most any of us given the same chance would jump all over it as well.

Only way Punk loses is if the UFC fixes fights again.

What about that monster mariusz pudzianowski....That is an experiment in MMA.
Guy had zero fighting experience, but lots of strong man competition.
f63fdfdb21bec42f4f5c8f69df37c16e.jpg

I never heard anything about Kimbo not trying hard at training. In fact I heard a lot of people say the opposite, including Rampage and Bas Ruttin

So what if we were to take a guy that was in shape, but was of average athleticism?

Of course getting in shape is not that hard to do with a average fat guy. Diet, cardio, stay devoted. BAMN!!

Okay. So now say we have a guy that is in shape or the fat average man gets into shape.

Now lets do an experiment. Lets have him train in MMA full time and lets have him learn all that he can for a year and a half with professional fighters and legit coaches without worrying about the cost of training in a MMA gym, worrying about working a 9-5 job or working the graveyard shift, worrying about having to look over your kids and not being able to sleep at night because of the baby crying.

Lets eliminate all that distraction and just focus on training in MMA with all the support he needs.

If he can do well from it, how would a A level athlete do? Or no better yet, how would a SHERDOGGER do?

We all dream of doing what Punk is doing. From the basement dweller to the guy that was a A level athlete in high school but now have to work to pay bills.

Kimbo Slice was a failed experiment because he did not take his training serious. But he still defeated some dudes who can destroy a average man in a fight.

Punk is devoted and dedicated.

Punk is the ultimate experiment.

I think you'd be surprised by the number of Sherdogger's that are currently training in martial arts or used to.

I know we lob Sherdogger around here as though it means 250lb basement dwelling fatass, but there are some real current and former athletes around here as well.

I never heard anything about Kimbo not trying hard at training. In fact I heard a lot of people say the opposite, including Rampage and Bas Ruttin

It seems like I had read that Bas gave up in the end with Kimbo because he was not absorbing what Bas was teaching him. I may be wrong but I think remember reading that.

Back