CM Punk Is An Experiment.

King Cobra

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So what if we were to take a guy that was in shape, but was of average athleticism?

Of course getting in shape is not that hard to do with a average fat guy. Diet, cardio, stay devoted. BAMN!!

Okay. So now say we have a guy that is in shape or the fat average man gets into shape.

Now lets do an experiment. Lets have him train in MMA full time and lets have him learn all that he can for a year and a half with professional fighters and legit coaches without worrying about the cost of training in a MMA gym, worrying about working a 9-5 job or working the graveyard shift, worrying about having to look over your kids and not being able to sleep at night because of the baby crying.

Lets eliminate all that distraction and just focus on training in MMA with all the support he needs.

If he can do well from it, how would a A level athlete do? Or no better yet, how would a SHERDOGGER do?

We all dream of doing what Punk is doing. From the basement dweller to the guy that was a A level athlete in high school but now have to work to pay bills.

Kimbo Slice was a failed experiment because he did not take his training serious. But he still defeated some dudes who can destroy a average man in a fight.

Punk is devoted and dedicated.

Punk is the ultimate experiment.

Punk is not of average athleticism and he has been in very good shape for over 15 years. So how can you compare him to an average guy picking up MMA from scratch? If you would take a 36 year old fat guy, transform him into an MMA fighter, he still wouldn't have the same body as a dude that has been training and eating right his whole life.

Wasn't Wagner Prado like that?

This experiment already happened, and it was successful.

It was called Brock Lesnar.
inb4 "Brock Lesnar was already an NCAA Division I wrestler."

5562214541_762ce53238_b.jpg

This experiment was not quite so successful

Punk is not of average athleticism and he has been in very good shape for over 15 years. So how can you compare him to an average guy picking up MMA from scratch? If you would take a 36 year old fat guy, transform him into an MMA fighter, he still wouldn't have the same body as a dude that has been training and eating right his whole life.

I pointed out how the fat guy would have to lose weight first and get into shape.

You have 36 year old fat guys that were great athletes when in high school or college but just let themselves go.

Did you know that a man's testosterone level drops even more so after him and his woman have a baby and he is around the infant. This happens because the body is making sure that the father's aggression is lowered while being round the infant.

But whose to say one that is fat in his 30s cannot bring out his fullest potential if he shows devotion?

Lesnar has a deep rooted wrestling background and is a great athlete.

How about a great athlete without a competitive martial arts background?

cm punk vs bruce lee roy at a catch weight

lee roy tko via body shots

He's the smartest guy in the UFC. He's getting paid to do something, he was going to anyway, and in the top organisation. Guy is living the dream.

He's the smartest guy in the UFC. He's getting paid to do something, he was going to anyway, and in the top organisation. Guy is living the dream.

Amen

(I am an atheist but this deserved that).

5562214541_762ce53238_b.jpg

This experiment was not quite so successful

Not everyone can be the number one person in their sport.
That doesn't mean they weren't successful in my opinion.
He was a very very skilled hand to hand combat fighter.
There are only a handful of men in the population of earth, that could be Kristo...K.S. in a fight.
I'd say he was fairly successful in his figjting.

God let's see if Punk can perform half of what Batista did against some part time fighter can.

And even if he goes 0-1, he'll probably have made more in his MMA career than most MMA fighters have in theirs.

That comment about him making more on his per diems for all the Q&As he's currently doing for the UFC, than Pendred has made in his entire UFC career is probably pretty accurate.

And if he fights in Chicago, the place will go ballistic.

If Punk does well, I think you'll see the UFC recruiting a lot of new talent in a similar fashion to the WWE.

The WWE would seek out guys and girls that looked the part but typically had no interest in wrestling. They would pay to train them and develop their abilities. If they showed promise, they would get called up.

I think especially with the Heavyweight division, UFC is going to have to start recruiting in a similar fashion. There are literally no promising young Heavyweights coming up.

Especially since they are filming it and will probably make a documentary about it. Which will make boatloads of money.

Wow. I was just thinking before that they are probably filming it because that would make lots of money.

Sort of like a reality show.

He might do okay because they'll probably sign and match him up with another fighter with 0 to 1 fights who probably has a day job and less resources than CM Punk. So it won't be much of an experiment.

He might do okay because they'll probably sign and match him up with another fighter with 0 to 1 fights who probably has a day job and less resources than CM Punk. So it won't be much of an experiment.

Nope.

UFC is about marketing.

Back