CM Punk has Elite Athleticism like GSP. He's Gonna WRECK Welterweights.

I've said this before, but I actually think Manhoef would also be a good, exciting matchup. Melvin has a glass chin, and Punk would have the grappling advantage.

You've got to be trolling right? If Punk tries to find Melvin's chin he'll get his head taken off. And why would he have a grappling advantage? This whole thread has got to be full of trolls...Maia? Manhoef?

Punk's BJJ is good enough to survive against one of the top 3 or 4 BJJ artists in the UFC ?

What the fuck are you on seriously ???
Unless Punk is a BJJ marvel he would get subbed in instants if it hits the ground, and concerning the " major edge " that remains to be seen.
He has ZERO fights, we can't know shit about hs stand up apart from the classic teammate/camp hype coming from Roufus and Co.
I'd venture to say he isn't exactly gonna look like an good striker in his first couple of UFC fights, let alone some elite one against a 30 MMA fights veteran..

Oh, you mean like how Lesnar got totally owned by Frank Mir on the ground at UFC 100? He fucken owned Mir on the GROUND and postured up enough to beat the snot out of a BJJ black belt.

You don't know crap about Punk's chances.

You're the one who's delusional my friend.

Thatch doesn't really make sense coming off two embarrassing losses, but I also don't think Punk should be thrown to the wolves against the likes of Woodley, Hendricks, etc.

A guy like Maia makes perfect sense because while Maia is obviously better on the ground, Punk's BJJ is good enough to survive, and on the feet he has a major edge.

Punk has a major edge on the feet? BJJ good enough to survive Maia??????

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Holy shit im expecting this to be a joke but if youre not kidding i wouldnt be surprised if Maia got his first one punch KO/Headkick KO/Flying Knee KO over Punk.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

You owe me a beer, i spilled mine with all the laughing.

Oh, you mean like how Lesnar got totally owned by Frank Mir on the ground at UFC 100? He fucken owned Mir on the GROUND and postured up enough to beat the snot out of a BJJ black belt.

You don't know crap about Punk's chances.

You're the one who's delusional my friend.

OMG...enough already.

Brock @ UFC 100...5th pro fight, about to turn 32, NCAA champ, a 15-20% (more?) weight advantage over Mir.

Brooks...ZERO pro fights, will be 37 in Oct., no significantly relevant background, will not have a size advantage.

stop making such ridiculous posts.

lmao as an avid wwe fan cm punk was one of the most nonathletic guys on the roster

case in point:

cm punk
elbowdrop_medium.gif

seth rollins
bSaSp1e.0.gif

Everything you say is based on pure speculation. You have no idea how good CM punk is so stop hugging his nuts. None of us know, until he puts on some gloves and gets in the octagon.

I forgot that he was originally thought to be facing Pendred over a year ago. He was already the heavy favorite to win at that time based on reports from Roufus Sport (apparently one of those guys who you show a move once and he's using it in live fights), so it will be ultra exciting to see what he can do Saturday.

Back