CM Punk has Elite Athleticism like GSP. He's Gonna WRECK Welterweights.

I actually think Maia's BJJ is overrated. I know that Punk can submit him and expose that.

Thatch doesn't really make sense coming off two embarrassing losses, but I also don't think Punk should be thrown to the wolves against the likes of Woodley, Hendricks, etc.

A guy like Maia makes perfect sense because while Maia is obviously better on the ground, Punk's BJJ is good enough to survive, and on the feet he has a major edge.

Punk is an interesting prospect and they should probably try to build him up in his first few fights. Maia could be a good debut fight for him if his defensive BJJ is good enough for him too survive on the ground, I'm not sure it is but I believe BJJ is the martial art he has the most experience in. I think he could K.O. Maia in the striking exchanges.

Too bad Thiago Aleves is moving down to LW, otherwise I think that would have been a great first fight. Very winnable for Punk and would give him an opportunity to show of his striking.

Punk is an interesting prospect and they should probably try to build him up in his first few fights. Maia could be a good debut fight for him if his defensive BJJ is good enough for him too survive on the ground, I'm not sure it is but I believe BJJ is the martial art he has the most experience in. I think he could K.O. Maia in the striking exchanges.

Too bad Thiago Aleves is moving down to LW, otherwise I think that would have been a great first fight. Very winnable for Punk and would give him an opportunity to show of his striking.

No way. Thiago Aleves is all day strong, all day long.

They should give him Lombard.

Would be interesting to see if a skull can actually be punched off a body

Thatch doesn't really make sense coming off two embarrassing losses, but I also don't think Punk should be thrown to the wolves against the likes of Woodley, Hendricks, etc.

A guy like Maia makes perfect sense because while Maia is obviously better on the ground, Punk's BJJ is good enough to survive, and on the feet he has a major edge.

Maia would submit him

just seen your join date, so I do believe you actually believe your post TS =)

Punk's BJJ is good enough to survive against one of the top 3 or 4 BJJ artists in the UFC ?

What the fuck are you on seriously ???
Unless Punk is a BJJ marvel he would get subbed in instants if it hits the ground, and concerning the " major edge " that remains to be seen.
He has ZERO fights, we can't know shit about hs stand up apart from the classic teammate/camp hype coming from Roufus and Co.
I'd venture to say he isn't exactly gonna look like an good striker in his first couple of UFC fights, let alone some elite one against a 30 MMA fights veteran..

Where do you guys get these information? I have seen about one or two scenes of Punk doing training, other than that I was only reading about it.
Punk once trained BJJ, but he himself stated, that it was some time ago and that he is very low level.

Fedor used to have a 0-0 record too

just saying

Regarding his MMA record, that was in his mid-twenties if I'm not mistaken. Punk is a lot older and has very little experience in martial arts.

BTW: Don't get me wrong, I love Punk and the idea of him fighting in MMA, because he really wants to. But I think some of you are a little unrealistic about his chances and I mean both sides of the table. As far as I know, nobody outside of his team knows much about his abilities.

And what are you basing your wonderful analysis on ?
Maia has been KOed once in a nearly 30 fight MMA career , and it was by a counter punch in the opening seconds -while still "cold" like it happens often in striking sports- by Marquardt who has probably way more power than Punk ( and has been popped too )

Apart from that he survived The Chris, Anderson, Rory Mac, Mark Munoz etc. who are all better strikers and/or more powerful than CM fucking Punk Brooks !

Isn't CM Punk a BJJ white belt?
What striking background does he have?
People are actually saying he could wrestlef*** Paul Harris and outstrike Demian Maia? Wow.

I've said this before, but I actually think Manhoef would also be a good, exciting matchup. Melvin has a glass chin, and Punk would have the grappling advantage.

good enough to survive? what are you basing that on? training bjj as a hobby is way different than training for world championships

consistent troll...should be banned.

0/10.

Back