Clint Eastwood blasts 'pussy generation' in Esquire interview

So the days of drinking until you puked up blood and then having unprotected sex with the town bicycle are over? What a shame. What a shame.
That's a solid Tuesday night in Australia.

Patton was disliked by many people in power.

I legitimately think Trump might be a reincarnation of Patton. If only he was even half the man, he would make a great President for the United States.

He was known for slapping shell shocked troops. At the time they suffered from ptsd but Patton didn't care.

He was disliked by more than the power structure. He was brash and a blowhard and couldnt get along with most people

Has Eastwood ever blasted the racist generation?

He was known for slapping shell shocked troops. At the time they suffered from ptsd but Patton didn't care.

He was disliked by more than the power structure. He was brash and a blowhard and couldnt get along with most people

He was slapping shell-shocked troops while the Nazis and Soviets were killing them. The Americans could not have competed against the battle-hardened Nazis without a harsh, but just, leader such as George Patton.

I'm sure he couldn't get along with a lot of people, neither can Trump, but this does not mean that they couldn't be popular. Patton was very popular among his troops, and the soldiers commanded by him had the highest motivation to advance and actively take part in warfare out of them all.

I would say the most pussy position of them all is to let in people you don't want to let in because you're afraid you'll be called a racist.
Huh? Why wouldn't you let them in? Because they're dangerous, right? So your post makes no fucking sense.

The character that
sacrificed his lfe and left his possessions to a church and a minority child he befriended?

Walt Kowalski: Oh, I've got one. A Mexican, a Jew, and a colored guy go into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of here."

Huh? Why wouldn't you let them in? Because they're dangerous, right? So your post makes no fucking sense.

So recognizing a danger and then taking precaution is "pussy"?

Nothing pussy about recognizing legitimate threats. Being scared and adjusting your behavior to illegitimate threats(like being called a racist) however...is.

He was slapping shell-shocked troops while the Nazis and Soviets were killing them. The Americans could not have competed against the battle-hardened Nazis without a harsh, but just, leader such as George Patton.

I'm sure he couldn't get along with a lot of people, neither can Trump, but this does not mean that they couldn't be popular. Patton was very popular among his troops, and the soldiers commanded by him had the highest motivation to advance and actively take part in warfare out of them all.

Except thst other generals didn't treat their troops that way and still garnered respect.

And slapping people suffering from ptsd is wrong no matter who does it and for what reason

But the movie is great

So recognizing a danger and then taking precaution is "pussy"?

Nothing pussy about recognizing legitimate threats. Being scared and adjusting your behavior to illegitimate threats(like being called a racist) however...is.
You're unable to distinguish the two simple things said. I never argued about what was right I am saying it is more courageous to allow immigrants in than to keep them out.

Jeez man you can't even grasp simple stuff.

Yup.

I never get tired of posting this:

Today’s teens
drink
less than you did

http://www.vox.com/a/teens

This "pussy generation" has given us kinder, less criminal, less promiscuous, better-behaved children and teens than in decades before. These are definitely good things.

Problem is, the right-wing has to deal with the fact that today's teens are all those things, BUT they're also browner than ever before. It's quite a conundrum. It's obvious too many coloreds are a disaster, but the stats aren't bearing this out for some reason.

Where are you getting this from? " coloreds " made up 14% of the US population in 1860 ( almost 20% in 1800) and about 12% in 2010 , in other words the percentage is steady for all intents and purposes. You'll have to find a different way to explain things than there simply being relatively less white people around ya racist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except thst other generals didn't treat their troops that way and still garnered respect.

And slapping people suffering from ptsd is wrong no matter who does it and for what reason

But the movie is great

They didn't achieve the same results and were nowhere near as feared by the Nazis or Soviets as Patton.

I don't really care about PTSD because it's not an actual, physical illness, merely a term created to describe the symptoms often observed in ex-soldiers. Back in the day, it used to be called "cowardice" or being "unfit" for warfare. Now they just come up with fancy terms to describe such behaviour, to avoid hurting people's feelings.

As important as it is that we don't accept an old, senile actor's political musings as any but that, I happen to agree with him. Not on the pussy generation bit as I think that's how every generation feels about the following ones (and its how they should feel, if they did their job right of leaving the world a better, more civil place), but on the fact that Trump is just a dude speaking his mind. He says some ignorant, ill-conceived shit, but the media likes to take any opportunity they can to portray him as a charicature of what he is. It's overly dramatic and annoying.
Coy-cC-UsAAP58r.jpg:large

It's not a matter of defending yourself. It's a matter of keeping threats in perspective. Some people live their lives in fear of extremely low-probability events, while others are more rational and braver.
So pretending the problem doesn't exist is the best solution? Put our heads in the sand?

Shying away from the truth seems like a "pussy" thing to do...

When he speaks you hear his OGM music in the background.

"What a bunch of pussies." *wah wah waah*

The character that
sacrificed his lfe and left his possessions to a church and a minority child he befriended?
This post deserves more likes

The person he played in Grand Tarino was a man.
A REAL man.

I don't live in USA, but I am also getting a bit tired of all this "racism" BS.
We have been bombed in Belgium by terrorist nutjobs.
My cousin almost lost his fkn life in one of those metrostations in Brussels and my niece wears a headscarves/kerchief? (don't know the correct word sorry) in Brussels so she doesn't get bothered by muslim youths on her way to work... (BRUSSELS IS A HELLHOLE PEOPLE!!!)

And still with all this crap, the main concern in the media is if we are or are not "racist"...
Sigh
F*ck this shit.
Seriously.

They didn't achieve the same results and were nowhere near as feared by the Nazis or Soviets as Patton.

I don't really care about PTSD because it's not an actual, physical illness, merely a term created to describe the symptoms often observed in ex-soldiers. Back in the day, it used to be called "cowardice" or being "unfit" for warfare. Now they just come up with fancy terms to describe such behaviour, to avoid hurting people's feelings.

Well my grandfather Was in ww2 and he said it was more than real. I'll take his word and the word of psychology over yours. It is a clinical classification.

It was called shell shocked back in those times. You defining it as "cowardice" shows your utter stupidity and lack of compassion for the men who go out and serve the country only to see unthinkable things.

Back