Cliff Keen - Tornado

Gsoares2***

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just got the new tornado in! These are a comfortable set of headgear. Very light, very easy to adjust. Nice push button strap for the chin as well. Ive tried a couple others and these are by far the most comfortable.
CF5.jpg

Thank's for the short review Gsoares2. Im waiting for a pair of Tornados from jrwrestling, looks like i made the right choice.

I havent got a chance to roll in them, but they are much more comfortable then my old ones.

The old ones i had would scratch up my neck and forhead. These fit good and much more comfy.. The neoprene sides and chin strap make itmuch softer.

Iv used them for three years now, best headgear ever made. The way it breathes, is the best.

Cool, thanks Gsoares2. I was looking to get a pair in the close future.

Is this mostly just to prevent colliflur ear or are there other reasons you guys all use it? No one at my gym wears headgear.

i wear it because my ears have been hit multiple times.. i have one ear that is hard all over the back side.. The other started hurting the last time i escaped a triangle.. I wear them every day now. Yes it is to prevent cauliflower.

I'm getting a little cauli and thinking about getting this headgear ... thanks for the review!

Don't know how those feel wearing them,but my senior year (almost 3 yrs ago now)I wrestled a gu wearing those,gave me multiple scratches on my head & face.everytime we'd clinch,he'd rub them against me.wrost part,the match went into triple OT

Haven't worn headgear before, but grappling with this would seem like a disadvantage. Seems like a triangle for instance would be harder to get out of.

I wear CK Tornados and have since getting my ear drained this year - yes it is slightly harder to escape things such as a traingle - however you quickly forget about that and it's not such an issue.

You could always just wear them when training and not for comps - it's better than caulies.

Anuone from Europe ordered a pair of CK Tornado? From where did you order JRwrestling or Amazon? Did you have to pay tax because it was from the states?

jhn said:
Anuone from Europe ordered a pair of CK Tornado? From where did you order JRwrestling or Amazon? Did you have to pay tax because it was from the states?

jhn, i ordered a pair from Jrwrestling, they should get here sometime next week. Usually tax is added but sometimes i get lucky and the packages slips through customs without additional charges.

Terrier said:
I wear CK Tornados and have since getting my ear drained this year - yes it is slightly harder to escape things such as a traingle - however you quickly forget about that and it's not such an issue.

You could always just wear them when training and not for comps - it's better than caulies.

Yea I might pick up a pair for training and ditch them for competiting.

i would do that. But really it isnt a big deal.. if your caught in a triangle its because your arm is inside not because the guy his caught on your ear. I havent really noticed a priblem of slipping out to much. Maybe a little from the scarf hold but nothing worth noticing.

In a triangle it is his legs that are literally sucking the life out of you, you may be thinking of a triangle armbar, ala Coleman Nog. In a regular triangle the best effort is to sit straight up so he can't get a lock on his legs, but if that's too lag you had to get your head out ASAP! or if could be night night, hence if the earguards are on they will widen your head a lil bit and make it harder. Trust me on this one, but for wrestling practice and what I call technique BJJ where it isn't very serious these look awesome.

no were talking about the same thing.. If you were going to escape the triangle you would escape either way.. Im saying wearing head gear hasnt changed my game at all.. i still escape triangles the same.

I have been wearing this headgear for about a year now. Yeah, it's not the most comfortable thing, but it's better than getting cauliflower ear(again). It won't make it easier for people to get triangles on you unless they use it as a handle. Even if it did, it would make you work that much harder.

Now I've ordered a pair Black/Gold/Black... Will merge good with the black/yellow or yellow/black Sprawls :D

Wait, on second thought I't won't be looking that hardcore with earmuffs... Anyway I need them...

B0002SVFW2.01-AQRFB0FG6BNGS._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Back