• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Clay Guida vs. Mark O. Madsen added to August 21 FN event

I actually really like this one! Madsen's close to Guida in age terms, but is still not a veteran of MMA (and Clay wanted to avoid fighting anymore veterans), so it makes sense. Madsen, is also not that good in my opinion - Guida could quite easily win a sloppy, energetic kickboxing fight here.

idk man he I got to meet him and his parents a few years ago when he fought Erik Koch and he was still in great shape running a few miles around the city and stuff. Even though he's a bit older since then his style has done a good job at limiting the damage he takes. Im honestly interested in seeing if he can handle a few more prospects, all you ever need in this sport is a good string of wins maybe he can work his way back to a top 10 guy then call it quits.

That's cool that you got to meet him! hopefully you're right on him being in good shape. I've always enjoyed watching him and the energy he brings.

I also had the opportunity to get to know clay through some fishing friends in FL. Great guy, great family, still trains his ass off and in great shape . Just put it on MJ. I wouldnt count him out and pulling for him hard in this one. Legend of the sport for sure.

I actually really like this one! Madsen's close to Guida in age terms, but is still not a veteran of MMA (and Clay wanted to avoid fighting anymore veterans), so it makes sense. Madsen, is also not that good in my opinion - Guida could quite easily win a sloppy, energetic kickboxing fight here.
Madsens stand-up is indeed lacking, but do you really think Guida can or even wants to keep it standing?

Often wondered this when I've seen it on Sherdog; What does SIR mean at the start of your thread?

On topic; Clay could be a nightmare for this guy. The experience levels are vastly different
'Sorry if re-post'

Was hoping for Guida VS Cowboy. I have no desire to see the old guys take on prospects, but that’s how the UFC rolls.

Madsen is closing in on 40. He might not be a UFC veteran but he's no prospect.

Reactions: lsa
Clay requested a young upcoming guy next and to stop giving him old vets. Well, he got a 36 year old guy with a 10-0 record. Not bad.
Albeit the guy is older.... clay did ask for someone who hasn’t really been in the well for forever. Pretty game if you ask me. Can’t wait to see how this one plays out

Reactions: Gio
Was hoping for Guida VS Cowboy. I have no desire to see the old guys take on prospects, but that’s how the UFC rolls.

I actually like it. Gives us a chance to see the prospects against known, if declining, skill levels to see how they are.

Hard to get a feel when it's just unknown prospect vs unknown journeyman

When it's clear they're on their last legs, final 1 or 2 UFC fights for the well loved vets should be other vet mathcups

Damnit we need Aldo vs Cruz at 135 scheduled now already

https://mmadna.nl/clay-guida-krijgt-ongeslagen-olympier-mark-o-madsen-tegenover-zich-op-21-augustus/

SIR

Dutch (Marcel Dorff) to English translation

Clay Guida will appear in the UFC for the 31st time. The American will face unbeaten Dane Mark O. Madsen in the Lightweight division. Madsen is a silver medalist in the 2014 Rio de Janeiro Olympics in the Greco-Roman wrestling discipline. Both men meet at an unknown location on August 21.
Clay tied Diego Sanchez's record for consecutive years competing in the UFC earlier this year (16 years)

Here's hoping he gets a fight in 2022 and takes sole possession of that record.

Guida could have a good round 3 if he survives.

Wish Madsen would be more active. Has very splid physical tools but not getting any younger.

Madson gassed badly in his last fight and may have a very suspect chin. Unless he blow Clay straight out the water this may be more evenly matched than it has any right to be
Was gonna say this. Clay has the cardio to definitely get him the longer the fight goes. And he's got some pop in those punches. I feel like he's gonna pull the upset here

I remember when Clay fought Melendez in early Strikeforce and was outwrestled every round. Madsen is going to run through him

Was wondering where Madsen was, he hasnt fought since March 2020.

Kind of interesting. Madsen is obviously a beast grappler but clay is still an energizer bunny who can connect

It's quite amazing that Clay Guide is still fighting at all.
I mean that dude has been around since the Jurassic Era.

It's quite amazing that Clay Guide is still fighting at all.
I mean that dude has been around since the Jurassic Era.

I wish he would cut his hair.
He got a bald spot on top.
Long hair with a bald spot.. Its time to let it go Clay. Let it go.

Back