Clay Guida: "People Have Seen My Fighting Style, My Fights, I Could Be 15-1"

Maynard-vs-Guida-knees-guillotine-running.gif

LOL at Guida trying to take Maynard down while Gray was daring him to punch!

and guida still couldnt take him down. gray won a lot of fans after that fight

Guida actually thinks he's a fan favorite and fun to watch fight.

I only watch him to see him lose.

I used to be a Clay Guida until I met him one time and he rubbed me the wrong way and this statement is true of his personality. I'll be rooting for Hioki

He's not saying he should have won all of his decisions, he's just saying all of his fights were close and he had a chance to win them all.

How could he be 15-1 he CLEARLY lost to Bendo and got finished by Florian and Huerta.

Plus dos Anjos was probably ahead on the scorecards before he dislocated his jaw or whatever.

I was thinking about going to the Guida/Maynard event a while back... so glad I didn't.

How do you think dos Anjos's jaw got dislocated? It's really not a knock on Guida that he hurt a tough opponent and then finished him.

Guida's been in some very close fights, but they've broken both ways. I don't see how he could think he deserved decisions against both Bendo and Diaz, but I recall the Griffin fight being something of a controversial decision. He also came back from that disastrous first round against Sanchez to make the decision close.

So, obviously the whole "I could be 15-1" thing doesn't stand up, dude's been finished twice, but Guida can fairly say that his record doesn't accurately reflect where he stands relative to the best fighters at 155. I think that's the point he was making. It was poor execution, whatever.

I could be 50-0 and the greatest UFC champion of all time, but I choose not to fight.

Absolutely no respect for Guida any more. I remember when he was new in the UFC, his style was different and I guess exciting at the time in that there was no downtime, but if the other guy isn't bringing it to Guida, it's a stalemate of him bouncing left to right shadow boxing. It has grown stale and made me bitter.

Maynard-vs-Guida-knees-guillotine-running.gif

LOL at Guida trying to take Maynard down while Gray was daring him to punch!

Hmm never noticed it before, but is it just me, or does anyone else see a resemblance to Sandra Bullock?

Yeah he did, I was one of 'em. He was badass.

gray made me a fan for life after that. i was hopping and screaming at the tv hoping for guida to get choked out, and i never get that animated during fights

He is implying that most of his fights were competitive, and if he had done a little better or executed a little different, he might have won those fights.

gray made me a fan for life after that. i was hopping and screaming at the tv hoping for guida to get choked out, and i never get that animated during fights

Yeah man same here.

i expected him to lose the maynard fight. before the judges cards came it i though he out pointed maynard. i thought it was a shit fight and i've never been a fan before and after that performance.
get a hair cut you hippie. you too bendo

he holds his own against everyone pretty much and i see no one out there completely destroying him. he's solid. no where near elite, but a good measuring stick.

How do you think dos Anjos's jaw got dislocated? It's really not a knock on Guida that he hurt a tough opponent and then finished him.

Guida's been in some very close fights, but they've broken both ways. I don't see how he could think he deserved decisions against both Bendo and Diaz, but I recall the Griffin fight being something of a controversial decision. He also came back from that disastrous first round against Sanchez to make the decision close.

So, obviously the whole "I could be 15-1" thing doesn't stand up, dude's been finished twice, but Guida can fairly say that his record doesn't accurately reflect where he stands relative to the best fighters at 155. I think that's the point he was making. It was poor execution, whatever.

I'm just saying IMO, the jaw injury was more of a freak accident.
I'm not really trying to hate on Guida, but saying he could be 15-1 is crazy.
I'm usually one of the few that sticks up for him, but this just rubbed me the wrong way.
I do agree that he is a better fighter than his 29-13 record shows.

Back