Clay Guida: "People Have Seen My Fighting Style, My Fights, I Could Be 15-1"

Man, Clay doesn't seem too popular around these boards anymore I can see everyone is coming from I guess, but I really do like his charismatic persona and style in the cage. Sure he left a lot to be desired against Gray, but I feel that was really his only way to win. I don't feel that anyone is wrong for perhaps not being a fan of his, but I do hope that he brings some exciting fights to the table at 145 and gets some more support. He is a very humble respectful and polite fighter and I love to watch him compete.

Comon, Clay, you've been warned about running! That applies to your feet and your mouth.

I think he should be 0-16, just my opinion

Man, Clay doesn't seem too popular around these boards anymore I can see everyone is coming from I guess, but I really do like his charismatic persona and style in the cage. Sure he left a lot to be desired against Gray, but I feel that was really his only way to win. I don't feel that anyone is wrong for perhaps not being a fan of his, but I do hope that he brings some exciting fights to the table at 145 and gets some more support. He is a very humble respectful and polite fighter and I love to watch him compete.

I used to feel that he was respectful, even if he wasn't that exciting in his wins. But after seeing backstage after the Maynard bout... not so much anymore.

I used to feel that he was respectful, even if he wasn't that exciting in his wins. But after seeing backstage after the Maynard bout... not so much anymore.

This.

If you tie up your hair so it's like the handle of a kettle bell at the nape of your neck, whining about it getting grabbed when your opponent clinches with you seems somewhat foolish.

And acting like he didn't run his ass off is just madness.

Clay, stahp please! It gets harder to defend you when you say things like this.

What an ignorant statement.

If i was ever a fighter or in the public eye I would hope to god I make sure not to say statements like this on a whim. It's good to be enthusiastic about your job and your own skills but this is one CRAZY AZZ statement.

Yeah I share that exact sentiment.

Guida fell off the deep end. He's heading in Mayhems direction someone needs to give him a reality check

The last decision Clay lost that he has even a shred of room to bitch about was his decision loss to Tyson Griffin in 2007. At best, you could argue that Clay could be 11-5 in UFC. At worst, he could be 7-9.

And yes Clay, we've all seen your fighting style. It generally consists of spastic gyration, sloppy punching, determined double-leg takedowns, and more spazzing out while camping in your opponents' guard. You have a trainload of heart, but you simply aren't that good.

this. spastic gyration haha.

Maynard-vs-Guida-knees-guillotine-running.gif

LOL at Guida trying to take Maynard down while Gray was daring him to punch!

It wouldve been beyond epic if hed have been able to finish the choke.

This.

Diego whooped your ass too!

Agreed. Sanchez kicked the shit out of him.

One of the few entertaining fights Guida has been in :icon_lol:

Guida is a special kind of delusional if he believes this. There honestly isn't a fighter I'd rather see cut than Guida.

I actually wasn't aware of that -- too bad. It's funny how Gray will talk about how he (more or less) wants nothing to do with Clay, but Clay will talk about how "they're cool" now haha

The return?

The only reason we didn't see it against Maynard is because he knows Maynard's TDD is too good, so we saw Natural Born Runner Guida make an appearance.

I would have to agree with you, good point.

The last decision Clay lost that he has even a shred of room to bitch about was his decision loss to Tyson Griffin in 2007. At best, you could argue that Clay could be 11-5 in UFC. At worst, he could be 7-9.

And yes Clay, we've all seen your fighting style. It generally consists of spastic gyration, sloppy punching, determined double-leg takedowns, and more spazzing out while camping in your opponents' guard. You have a trainload of heart, but you simply aren't that good.

I'm a big Guida fan, but there's a lot of truth to this haha well put

Back