Clash of Clans, v4: Official Sherdog Clan = JUST BLEED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been in five clans, several which are now level 7. I've got friends in stacked clans, my neighbor is in Red Elite (Clash with Ash). No one is better than this clan that I've ever seen. No one identifies the enemies' weaknesses and goes after thrm to stack victory after victory. Unreal shit.

Nice win guys.

PS. Loving this new Walking Dead prequel

Great win, guys. Love this clan.

Thanks to Mick for the promotion. Unfortunately, I just started a new job and am gonna be pretty in and out for the next couple weeks, but hopefully I'll have some life stability right when I'm a viable th9 and can help ya'll wreck shit.

Glad we got the W, I am not impressed with myself on this one, need to at least hit a 2* on 1 or 2 not 1* on each. I tried to go for 3 on #1 and ended up with 1 instead.

The 28-1-1 streak we are on pretty much began exactly when clans could no longer sandbox. People can still cheat, but not like they did before.

I wasn't on my phone for the last couple hours of the war and saw the score at the end. Holy crap, that must have been a nailbiter at the end. Any general observations that anyone noticed?

Also, this is the first clan we've faced in a while that also followed the Iron Rule. Notice how close it was?

I wasn't on my phone for the last couple hours of the war and saw the score at the end. Holy crap, that must have been a nailbiter at the end. Any general observations that anyone noticed?

Also, this is the first clan we've faced in a while that also followed the Iron Rule. Notice how close it was?

it wasn't that close, our 3 last attacks were for loot after they made their final attack and we were still up by 1

it wasn't that close, our 3 last attacks were for loot after they made their final attack and we were still up by 1

Ahh. I was wondering why our last few attacks sucked. That makes sense.

It is way too easy to make mistakes in this game. Failed wallbreakers? No problem! Entire army will walk around the base!

A lot of clans claim to follow it. The difference with these guys was that they didn't do big drops early and mostly attacked peers until their 8s used all their attacks, so very similar to our strategy. We just got more wipes, which was the difference as we also had more zero and 1 star attacks.

So again we prove that playing for 3 > playing for 2 in the end

Remember when Corbin wanted to do an 8 slot drop across the board? And got pissed when every single person disagreed

Technically for a straight up W, a bit of dropping is the best strategy. Best is to use your first attack as high as possible where you have a reasonably high chance at a 3*. Then less clean up attacks are required later. The problem with that is it hinders the development of everyone's attacks, by attacking straight across each time and going for 3* it breeds a clan full of savages.

Technically for a straight up W, a bit of dropping is the best strategy. Best is to use your first attack as high as possible where you have a reasonably high chance at a 3*. Then less clean up attacks are required later. The problem with that is it hinders the development of everyone's attacks, by attacking straight across each time and going for 3* it breeds a clan full of savages.
In essence, we already do this, but the dropping takes place in the 2nd round. Corbin and I debated this exhaustively a long time ago in one of the previous thread versions.

The problem with first round drops, chiefly, is how much more pressure it puts on the top attacks to go perfectly. If anything go wrong, then you have a dearth of attacks to rectify the star deficit. Also, if anything goes wrong against #1 and #2, you're pretty much screwed there. You get no second looks.

Secondly, you have to look at the parity in our TH9 offenses. Yeah, the higher guys have much stronger heroes, but that doesn't mean even the lower TH9's are gimme wipes if they are well-designed (as we have seen in the past). So dropping doesn't really guarantee wipes-- only, perhaps, a slightly superior wipe ratio. It does guarantee, though, that you hang you bottom attackers however many deep you dropped. Conversely, by attacking straight across, you see where you did the most damage, and then drop with far more precision according to analysis of how the first round went, and what villages attackers below you ultimately left as the weakest subsequent target in the chain.

If I thought 1st-round dropshifting was more effective, I would do it, but Corbin and I debated this in such excruciating detail back in the day that I was able to sound out everything from the ground up and fully form my decision based on the depth of that reasoning.

Why change a winning strategy?

Lol whenever we would lose he would basically throw out an I told you so too.

Basically he was rarely ever able to even put up a star on his opponent, but didn't want to be the only one dropping.

In essence, we already do this, but the dropping takes place in the 2nd round. Corbin and I debated this exhaustively a long time ago in one of the previous thread versions.

The problem with first round drops, chiefly, is how much more pressure it puts on the top attacks to go perfectly. If anything go wrong, then you have a dearth of attacks to rectify the star deficit. Also, if anything goes wrong against #1 and #2, you're pretty much screwed there. You get no second looks.

Secondly, you have to look at the parity in our TH9 offenses. Yeah, the higher guys have much stronger heroes, but that doesn't mean even the lower TH9's are gimme wipes if they are well-designed (as we have seen in the past). So dropping doesn't really guarantee wipes-- only, perhaps, a slightly superior wipe ratio. It does guarantee, though, that you hang you bottom attackers however many deep you dropped. Conversely, by attacking straight across, you see where you did the most damage, and then drop with far more precision according to analysis of how the first round went, and what villages attackers below you ultimately left as the weakest subsequent target in the chain.

If I thought 1st-round dropshifting was more effective, I would do it, but Corbin and I debated this in such excruciating detail back in the day that I was able to sound out everything from the ground up and fully form my decision based on the depth of that reasoning.

It depends on the development of the clan too IMO. The longer we keep at it the more 2 stars we will see from mid up as opposed to 1/4 and up or 1/3 and up. It just becomes really hard to 3 star those bases regardless of where you're at. I think attacking across is better for the most part (minus special circumstances).

It depends on the development of the clan too IMO. The longer we keep at it the more 2 stars we will see from mid up as opposed to 1/4 and up or 1/3 and up. It just becomes really hard to 3 star those bases regardless of where you're at. I think attacking across is better for the most part (minus special circumstances).
Yeah, agreed, tactics change with the general development of a clan. We may have to revisit this question once we are mostly TH9's, and half of those have max defenses (even if walls/heroes aren't maxed). There may be a time when we flip-flop attack duties in the first round. Like, the bottom half of TH9's attack the top half, all going for 2*, and the upper half attack the bottom half, going for wipes with their stronger heroes (if nothing else).

Well, I've been working on GoWiVa for TH8 in the JV clan since we sort of got away from Valks ever since Scarzi left, and only a few members have used them since; all infrequently and sparingly. Okay, I only have L1 Golems, so I run a 2-Golem comp. Because of this, I typically have at least 1 Golem still alive in Golem form at the end of any wipe, but here's what I have been running:

TH8, GoWiVa, 2-Golem Variant
  • L5* Barbarian King
  • 2 x L1* Golems
  • 11 x L2 Valkyries
  • 7 x L5 Wizards
  • 6-8 x L5 Wallbreakers
  • 8-12 x slots for CC clearing troops (usually Giant/Hog for pull and Barbs/Arcs or another Wiz for dps)
  • 1 x L1* Poison spell
  • 3 x L5 Heal spell
  • 2 x L2 Witches or 6 x L6 Wizards in Clan Castle + 1 x L7 Barb/Archer
    *Needs Upgrade

1. I pull cc (usually with a Giant or Hog), kite, and kill with Poison spells (if small troops) or barb/arc fodder + wiz (if Dragon/Loon/Valk/etc).
  2. I drop cutting Wiz on outer structures prior to Golem drop, if possible. These Wiz must cut a path to drive BK & Valks into heart of village.
  3. I drop Golem to tank for WBS away from intended target wall
  4. I drop first wave of WBS
  5. Once outer structures are cleared, I drop BK and Valks on nearest structure inside base.
  6. I drop second wave of WBS if necessary.
  7. Valks will stayed mostly grouped, and will inevitably drift to a side of the base as they work through it.
  8. If I didn't use Poison on cc, then I will try to drop them on skellies around this time.
  9. I drop CC along that strong side to which the Valks drifted, but outside the base, clearing outside structures safely behind the defenseless wake of the Valk vanguard.
  10. Usually after the first heal on Valks, I drop the second Golem, typically along that same side, but further down toward the backside, in order to tank as many defenses on the backside as possible (both for the CC offense above and Valks if possible). I trickle my last remaining wizards behind this Golem. Often I'll simultaneously ensure no structures get hung up and kill me via the clock. I time the Golem drop so that he should tank those defenses just before Valks reach them from inside the base (possibly banging on wall to get to the defenses-- this Golem tanking can be a real key against L6 Wiz Towers in keeping Valks up). I try to save at least 2 Wallbreakers for this Golem because if it means him getting into a compartment and skirting the backside...well, beautiful. He tanks for everything while the Wiz/Valk just blast away on these helpless final defenses.
    Notes: Other than that, it's just a nerve/timing game being vigilant and trying to time heals so that they maximize the effect on your Valks. Giant bombs are threat to your Valks, though not as urgently as for Hogs. L6 Wiz Towers are also a danger if the Valks get hung on a wall getting to them, especially if there are two of them working together. This is where Heals can be nicely timed.
I've already gotten 5 wipes in a row with this attack style, though I must admit the villages I'm facing aren't optimally designed, nor are the CC used, and none has been maxed out on TH8 defenses. The management of the attack as it unfolds is actually more similar to TH8 Hog attacks than any other style. You keep an eye on your Valk pack's health, and watch for Giant Bombs. Fortunately, with Valks, the need for Heals isn't nearly as urgent against the GB's as it is with Hogs since they aren't as fragile. Ideally, you can cover the 1st Golem tank and/or your BK with at least 1 of these Heals.

The vids I found for Scarzi focused on his TH9 GoVaHoWiWi and ValWiWi attacks, but @TH8, IIRC, his preferred Valk attack was a 1-Golem variant of GoWiVa similar to the above comp but with a few more Wiz, a few less WBS, and something like 13-14 Valkyrie, but I couldn't find a video of that on his channel. Even at TH8 he sometimes brought hogs on these attacks, I recall, as I failed miserably to execute an attack he coached at one point that used hogs on the backside.

Last edited:
I use Valks/Wizards with pretty good success but it's been a few months since I've been in a war and it seems like they switched up the AI a little to make them more prone to splitting up and not attacking walls. Btw what's the process of getting in on a war?

I use Valks/Wizards with pretty good success but it's been a few months since I've been in a war and it seems like they switched up the AI a little to make them more prone to splitting up and not attacking walls. Btw what's the process of getting in on a war?

Are you in our clan? If not, join. If so, you base needs to be up to par with your level. (i.e. don't rush to TH10 with Th7 level buildings/troops)

^also, make sure you opt in on your profile.
Select your CC, go to "my profile" tab, click on the Clan Wars button and select your status (green to opt in the next war, red to opt out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back