• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clash of Clans: Official Sherdog Clan--> Just Bleed (Come Join!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JUST BLEED (60) <-----> BzH2.0 (51)

JUST BLEED Defense
  • #3 Hans -- 2 stars (attacked by #1)
  • #4 Tachy -- 3 stars (cleared by #1)
  • #6 Higus -- 1 star (attacked by #3)
  • #7 NateS -- 1 star (attacked by #8)
  • #8 Can Crushers -- 3 stars (cleared by #7)
  • #9 Noodle -- 3 stars (cleared by #7)
  • #10 emceeGRENDEL -- 1 star (attacked by #11)
  • #11 strubzizo -- 2 stars (attacked by #12)
  • #12 Odogogod -- 2 stars (attacked by #12)
  • #13 Niven -- 2 stars (attacked by #4)
  • #14 Bruce the Great -- 2 stars (attacked by #4)
  • #15 Q34 -- 2 stars (attacked by #8)
  • #16 King James -- 2 stars (attacked by #9)
  • #17 saiwa930 -- 2 stars (attacked by #17)
  • #18 Kalitaur -- 3 stars (cleared by #13)
  • #19 Carlos -- 3 stars (cleared by #15)
  • #20 Pride -- 2 stars (attacked by #14)
  • #21 Scarzi -- 3 stars (cleared by #6...banderas.gif)
  • #22 Madmick -- 3 stars (cleared by #13)
  • #23 Wwo -- 3 stars (cleared by #24)
  • #24 Cygnus A -- 3 stars (cleared by #24)
  • #25 schmidt20 -- 3 stars (cleared by #23)
KEY:
Green= Opponent 7+ ranks superior
Pale Green= Opponent 5-6 ranks superior
Yellow= Opponent 3-4 ranks superior
Light Orange= Opponent 2 ranks superior
Dark Orange= Opponent 1 rank superior
Red= Even Opponent
Purple= Inferior Opponent
FAQ: Generally the more "red alert" you get with this chart the more you have to worry, but it also depends on how many stars you gave up, obviously. For example, giving up three stars is never desirable, even if they're green, but if your base holds up until someone double digit ranks above you finally clears it, then that's almost certainly a better defensive performance than if someone hits you will 2 stars who dropped just 1-2 slots, or didn't drop at all. Context is king. The worst possible defensive performance, then, is if you give up 3 purple stars; conversely, the best possible defensive performance is if their best attack against you at the end of war is 0 green stars (or, alternatively, if they were too terrified to attack you). Please know, though, that I watch the attacks, and I know the difference between a well-constructed base that is dismantled by a highly skilled player versus a poorly designed base that performs well because, for whatever reason, only smacktards attack it (this is rare...good players exploit weakness because they're the most capable to identify it). Again, context is king.

Analysis: They're basically out of top-level attacks. If we execute and hit the easiest stars remaining, we will win. Simple as that.
JUST BLEED= 5/20 Top #10 attacks remaining; 11 stars scored on their Top #10.
BzH2.0= 2/20 Top #10 attacks remaining; 13 stars scored on our Top #10.

Now let's besmirch these Frenchies and show them whose mothers are the hamsters and whose fathers are the billy goats.
Let's go billy goat deep on their frilly maid moms.

BzH2.0
-- uncleared villages--
  • #1 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #2 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #3 -- 1 star
  • #4 -- 1 star
  • #5 -- 2 stars
  • #6 -- 2 stars
  • #9 -- 1 star
  • #10 -- 2 stars
  • #11 -- 2 stars
  • #16 -- 2 stars
Razed: #7, #8, #9, #12, #13, #14, #15, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23, #24, #25

JUST BLEED: Clearing Strategy
none-- > 50/50 used...beautiful (their remaining attacks: 6/50)

Last edited:
I'm ready this week. I hope to get 5 stars, but I will def be using both of my attacks. I have on every other war, it's just that the mid-week war happened in the worst possible week as far as work goes.

We have a great clan and Madmick has put in a lot of time and effort to build it into what we have now.

Thanks to all of the guys that consistently donate, others who help with what they can, and everyone who participates in the chat to share ideas, replays and just shoot the shit.

(CoC name: Q34)

I'll be on to attack shortly.

This is my on-call weekend for our post op patients who were admitted and as such, I can only be on so often.
I'll be on at 6pm AZ time and i'll gem any troops that anyone wants for war

I'm not going to use either of my attacks in this war because I need to save resources to buy more flags and statues.

Seriously though, my King is upgrading because I started him right after my second attack of the last war (thinking I had a week because I wasn't thinking). Oh well, I'll make it work...or I'll get wrecked on both attacks.

I'm not going to use either of my attacks in this war because I need to save resources to buy more flags and statues.

Seriously though, my King is upgrading because I started him right after my second attack of the last war (thinking I had a week because I wasn't thinking). Oh well, I'll make it work...or I'll get wrecked on both attacks.
If you gotta hit lower level targets because you're resource-hungry, AED, that's cool with me.

Carlos---> strat against #24 (Radioman)

Army
9 x Dragons
1 x Dragon in War CC
2 x Barbarians
4 x Archers + 1 x Wizard or 8 x Archers

His CC has a Valk + Wiz. Drop 1 barb, then another when that one is killed on that exposed AD to the north. This should be enough to pull all the cc, but if it isn't, drop an archer. Next, drop an archer on the builder's hut in the Northeast corner. The valk should get out there first. Go ahead and drop one dragon on her, then drop the archers in a circle around the lagging wiz so they don't attack the dragon. Space them so they don't somehow get wiped by Valk's cleave dmg.

Now, drop 2-3 dragons right on top of that exposed AD. You shouldn't even need to rage them to down it. Drop the rest of your dragons in a semicircle on that Northeastern wall. Your cc-clearing dragon you dropped very first should be flying in from the East to join up. Just make sure the outer drops are about on top of those archer towers. It's a good idea to neutralize them early, and they're both relatively exposed. It's usually a good idea to drop these outer dragons first (after those first 2-3 to down AD, of course) because then the outer rim is cleared, and this "steers" the rest of your dragon front into the heart of the village. You'll have two free rages to use wherever you please, but reserve at least one, and probably better two, for raging your dragons once they come into the range of that far AD. They'll tear through everything and down it. I think it's wiser to keep your smaugs on the same front, as part of this coordinated attack, rather than downing the first exposed AD and then sending in the rest from the Southwest.

Should be an easy 3-star. Just stay calm. Believe in your smaugs.

Last edited:
Schmidt, the thing that went wrong with that last attack was that your troops weren't in range of the clan castle. He buried it well. Remember, before attacking, in scouting, you can click on any defensive structure your target has to see its range. Now here's the rub:

It isn't whether or not the structure is in range of the cc; it's whether or not your attacking troop is in that radius. So you have to attack with a troop that will get in there. In some cases, as in your attack, the archers will attack a structure in that radius, but not be in it themselves. So you have to bleed out 1-3 barbs to pull all the troops. Then you can kite them to where you want, and clear them. That's really all that went wrong with that attack. We weren't able to see what else developed because your poor TH6 giant zerg got demolished by max level wizards. That attack was a longshot anyway, bro.

Key lesson learned in an attack where I really didn't expect stars. Nothing but upside there.

Schmidt, the thing that went wrong with that last attack was that your troops weren't in range of the clan castle. He buried it well. Remember, before attacking, in scouting, you can click on any defensive structure your target has to see its range. Now here's the rub:

It isn't whether or not the structure is in range of the cc; it's whether or not your attacking troop is in that radius. So you have to attack with a troop that will get in there. In some cases, as in your attack, the archers will attack a structure in that radius, but not be in it themselves. So you have to bleed out 1-3 barbs to pull all the troops. Then you can kite them to where you want, and clear them. That's really all that went wrong with that attack. We weren't able to see what else developed because your poor TH6 giant zerg got demolished by max level wizards. That attack was a longshot anyway, bro.

Key lesson learned in an attack where I really didn't expect stars. Nothing but upside there.

I clicked his CC and decided that Coin Vault to the north was just in range, but the Archers are too glassy to get past that mortar. I noticed the Barb which is a little more stouty got the CC troops out, but by that time, I had archers all over the place and his CC troops went everywhere. Missed my Hail Mary lightning spell, and then I was in a world of shit. His CC troops Hendo Bombed my giants.
I was using archers to draw, but now will switch to Barbs to draw. Since they can get in the circle and have more beef.
There #25 was too much for me, but I thought, if played right could get one star and could luck out and get his TH to the north for a second star. 3 stars was not happening unless I found a glitch.
Thanks for the advice.

I clicked his CC and decided that Coin Vault to the north was just in range, but the Archers are too glassy to get past that mortar. I noticed the Barb which is a little more stouty got the CC troops out, but by that time, I had archers all over the place and his CC troops went everywhere. Missed my Hail Mary lightning spell, and then I was in a world of shit. His CC troops Hendo Bombed my giants.
I was using archers to draw, but now will switch to Barbs to draw. Since they can get in the circle and have more beef.
There #25 was too much for me, but I thought, if played right could get one star and could luck out and get his TH to the north for a second star. 3 stars was not happening unless I found a glitch.
Thanks for the advice.
Sometimes archers are the right choice; sometimes barbs. I often use barbs for the draw not just because they'll get closer, but because they can usually take 2 shots from an archer tower, mortar, or cannon whereas the archers can only take 1. Give you a bit more pull time.

If you can pull cc with a single archer because the player didn't bury the cc, and the archer will be inside that cc radius, but no within range of the defenses (where a barb would), then that's gravy. You don't have to sac anything to pull all the troops. Then you can kite accordingly.

I still haven't figured out how some cc defenses take longer to come out than others.

I still haven't figured out how some cc defenses take longer to come out than others.

They stop coming out when there's no enemy within the radius of the CC. Gotta keep sending troops or use a troop that has a high HP to draw them all out i.e. Giant.

They stop coming out when there's no enemy within the radius of the CC. Gotta keep sending troops or use a troop that has a high HP to draw them all out i.e. Giant.
Yeah, usually the most economical way is to bleed your barbarians one by one. It usually doesn't take more than 2-3. However, if the cc is deep enough that the barbs don't reach that radius until they're already getting downed, then yeah, then a Giant is a better choice. At the higher levels, even a giant often won't get in range before he hits the outer wall, and they have to bleed Hogs to draw cc.

Also, it's unit by unit since they pile out of the cc like they do your banner when you're on offense. So 25 archers is going to take longer to draw out than 5 Wizards and 5 archers because the latter has 15 fewer units. This is why it only ever takes a single unit to pop a dragon, then you can kite the dragon to anywhere on the map you need. That's the upside of having to only pop a single unit.

Their #2 utterly failed a minute ago against NateS (our #7) getting zero stars. Their #5 is almost as bad: he only earned 1 star against strubzizo (our #11). Finally, their #1 showed a modicum of acumen by putting 2 stars on Hans.

I smell weakness in their officer ranks, fellas. I smell a second Waterloo. If we mind our P's and Q's, we got this.

Yeah, usually the most economical way is to bleed your barbarians one by one. It usually doesn't take more than 2-3. However, if the cc is deep enough that the barbs don't reach that radius until they're already getting downed, then yeah, then a Giant is a better choice. At the higher levels, even a giant often won't get in range before he hits the outer wall, and they have to bleed Hogs to draw cc.

Also, it's unit by unit since they pile out of the cc like they do your banner when you're on offense. So 25 archers is going to take longer to draw out than 5 Wizards and 5 archers because the latter has 15 fewer units. This is why it only ever takes a single unit to pop a dragon, then you can kite the dragon to anywhere on the map you need. That's the upside of having to only pop a single unit.

Yeah, in some ways I'd prefer to have to fight a Dragon in their CC for that very reason.

If they have an upgraded CC with 30+ units and it's all Archers it can take a fucking lifetime to get them all out, especially because they start to collect around your drawing out point, killing your troops even quicker, so you've got to dump a bunch of 'em just to draw the CC troops out.

Pain in my ass.

Well I've got another 9 dragons ready to go for the second attack. Getting a little addicted to using them.

As expected, their #2 was mostly useless. He dropped 10 slots just to put 2 stars on #12 Odogogod. They're running out of brute force to power through the clearing round. With each of their attacks this is growing more to our favor.
Well I've got another 9 dragons ready to go for the second attack. Getting a little addicted to using them.
Updated assigments. Please clear #19, #23, or #25 with your smaugs (choose the highest one you're confident you can 3-star). There are guys below you, but they're longshots. I'm entrusting you with the task of clearing. You got it easy breezy after your earlier attack. Just mind your P's and Q's. Ask for another consult if you want one. I'm cooking smaugs right now if you need one for donation. If someone higher is on, I'll let them donate, but I have Lvl 2 dragons. Should be enough against #23.

Last edited:
Kalitaur-

Here's the mistakes you can correct to turn that attack into a 3-star.

(1) The primary reason that smaug attack went south on you is because you didn't "steer" your dragons. You cleared cc beautifully. However, in scouting, check the range of that eastern AD where you made your entry. Notice the easternmost army camp to the north of it, and the gold/elixir storages to the southeast of it. Both can be destroyed by dragons dropped outside the range of the AD itself. So what you want to do is drop a single dragon up on that army camp to the north (don't worry about the archer tower damage), and another 1-2 dragons on those storages to the south. As soon as those structures go down, then drop the rest of your flock in a relatively tight semicircle where you did on that far eastern front. The difference is that now they'll go directly into the heart of the village instead of attacking those structures along the perimeter where they get caught in a loop skirting the outside like they did. This means they'll head straight at that AD to down it ASAP.

(2) Don't take a heal spell. Some guys use that, but only special circumstances call for it, and frankly, I'm not sure I've ever evaluated a village where I thought it would be better than 3xRage. However, more importantly, if you do like to bring a heal, DO NOT use it first the way you did. The reason is that none of the dragons have taken any splash damage from the wizard towers. That AD will down single targets even while they're getting healed. It slows down their death, but it doesn't prevent it. Basically you're healing dragons will full health just to slow the deaths of a single target. Rather, you must use a rage there. Offense is the best defense. You prevent their death by killing the instrument of their death. If you use a heal, use it later to sustain the drags before they get into range of the next AD and you can Rage them to blow through that next AD.

(3) Barb King. In a smaug attack, a barb king can be used behind the dragons to ensure dps, but really, he's not the source of damage in that attack. Dragons will kill everything if you keep them up. So he's best used as another "steering" instrument in smaug attacks. Notice, as your dragons progressed westward, they started to drift north and south gobbling up everything in their way. Even if you steered, this would have happened to some degree. Particulary, at the south, they risk getting into that loop of mines. So, when they're about to come up on mines like that, drop the barb king before they get there to down a few mines. It's like cutting cows (rodeo reference). You visualize where the dragons are going to go; if you want them to go there, you let them. If not, then you take it away. If you clear the right mine before they get there, then they'll cut north...again, into the heart of the village and in the direction of the next AD you want to destroy.

(4) You used your final rage before your smaugs were within range of that AD. You were sort of out of options, but always resist doing this, unless you have another Rage in reserve to stack on top of it. In that case, you're blowing through the danger zone before blowing through the AD. But you want the rage to cover the second AD. That's how they down those things in like 1-2 breaths.

K, that's about it. Don't forget to watch for outlying builder huts and maybe reserve archers, if possible, from cc-clearing troops to clear them. 1 archer per builder hut.

French-Monty-Python-Holy-Grail-French-taunt.jpg

Nuke_explosion.gif
66481.JPG

That was amazeballs, guys. We had no business being in that war, and we ruined them. Oh, one last gloating point. Nothing puts in perspective just how unfair and absurd this war pairing was than this little factoid:

- Our #23 is Wwo. He's a a TH6.
- Their #21 was "Dark Queen", a well-progressed TH8 with a 200-troop army including dragons. Hell, their #22 was a nearly maxed TH7 with a 200-troop army including dragons, Rage lvl 2, and a freaking Barb King. Our #23-#25 are all TH6's.

That's how absurd this was. And we just wrecked them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back