• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clash of Clans: Official Sherdog Clan--> Just Bleed (Come Join!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also...
  • emceeGRENDEL (newbie)
  • Q34 [Stringer Bell] (vet)

This is your notification that you are on probation. Neither of you was excused from using your second attacks. We could have put 88/90 stars on this clan if you fulfilled your clearing duties. Without the drama, frankly, we potentially could have skunked them with a perfect 90 stars (only their #2 might have held up with his 2 stars). If you fail to use an attack in a future war, you will be booted. I made it clear the grace period is over, and this war showed, I hope, that I am not hesitant to boot players who aren't on the same page as the rest of the clan. We will adhere to our rule with uniformity. Unlike Q34, emcee, you don't have a history of participation. I strongly considered booting you without passing go. I take history into account, and the two of you aren't on equal footing; however, war participation is expected equally between all. This is a truly democratic expectation, and you were made aware of it when you signed up.

We have one rule. Take it seriously. I do.

*Edit*: Q34 mentioned he was crushed with work. I feel you bro, I love ya, and I don't want to lose you, but it doesn't change my position. At least in the future we'll try to keep things to weekends so you don't suffer this conflict. IRL > Clash fo Clans, after all.

Last edited:
Well I just spent the majority of the day taking the advice given to me during the past two wars I've been involved with and went on a raiding spree to success I haven't had before.

Usually I look for easy targets. But today, unless I was just hopelessly outmatched, I attacked and have been getting 2- 3 stars almost everytime.

Thanks for all the advice and pointers. I try not to make the same mistakes twice. The last war I was told to not clump up so I started spreading out more. This time I had my dps in front of my giants, but today I dropped giants first, followed by wall breakers and a nice spread of ranged dps and finally, once a breach was made and enemy aoe down, I flooded in with barbarians and goblins for clean up.

I know this may seem like basic stuff but the advice worked and I hope I can put a better effort into my war productivity.

Don't know if it's that much of a concern having a couple of guys not using both attacks when the war is in the bag. I live in a different time zone and am extremely busy so it's difficult at times. If it gets too serious I'll probably have to bail, that's why I bailed before.

:icon_cry2
Sorry, bro. Wasn't your first missed attack in war. Rules are rules.
Don't know if it's that much of a concern having a couple of guys not using both attacks when the war is in the bag.
The outcome of war is irrelevant.
I live in a different time zone and am extremely busy so it's difficult at times. If it gets too serious I'll probably have to bail, that's why I bailed before.
I'd understand, man. It's a commitment. I wish for every clanner to enjoy this game as fully as he can. I don't take it personally if guys decide they no longer enjoy this approach and would prefer a more casual clan. It's not hard to find other clans out there for any approach imaginable. Members are welcome back if and when they decide they would like to return to our protocol. It wins wars.

I admitted that I was too rash with Memek, but Rory and his brother Jim's consequential decisions, which I understand and respect, forced my hand.

My goal is as I stated in the OP: casual competitive. It's not my desire to run this like a professional sports team, where people are booted simply for not performing, because I care neither for the level of stress that introduces, nor the element of impersonality...but war participation is mandatory, and the reason our clan is so strong is because this is the page that every guy is on. It unifies us; it doesn't divide us. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect 2 attacks in a 24-hour period; especially when our wars are on a regular weekend interval (for this war, I went to great lengths to inform the clan). If more important IRL issues may prevent you from fulfilling an attack obligation, just give me a head's up. Apraxia has done this in the past, and so, too, had you, I thought, and in both cases I made it clear that you were cool if you couldn't make it happen. Stringer gave me no heads up. All it takes is a minute or so to shoot me a PM.

It's not my intention to harsh anyone's groove, but I can't control if people's feelings get hurt because they take enforcement of our rule personally. It's in our charter. 99% of clans out there don't mind if attacks-- even a significant number-- don't get used in their wars. This isn't one of those clans.

To be fair I was under the impression this was just going to be a friendly Sherdog clan, I didn't realise you were looking to go pro.

The outcome of war is irrelevant.

My goal is as I stated in the OP: casual competitive.

It's not my desire to run this like a professional sports team.

I don't see how it's irrelevant. The point is to win wars and have fun doing it. Using all attacks is one of the keys to victory, if the war is already won I don't see why that requirement can't be relaxed... and I'm one of the guys who spends a lot with little reward during wars.

Theoretically all opponents' villages may have been 3 starred while some members have attacks remaining, pretty pointless to enforce the rule then, no?

It hasn't been feeling very casual lately, it feels like a professional sports team.

Don't get me wrong, your work and dedication is appreciated and obviously getting results. Just don't want to see it get so serious that people start getting alienated.

Its not too hard to use both attacks in war. If you don't want to take the time to properly plan an attack, at the very least use your attacks to scout for the high levels. Its really not that hard core of a clan. Lower levels get incredible support from the higher guys with no complaints. Advice is freely given.

Its not too hard to use both attacks in war. If you don't want to take the time to properly plan an attack, at the very least use your attacks to scout for the high levels. Its really not that hard core of a clan. Lower levels get incredible support from the higher guys with no complaints. Advice is freely given.

I am a higher level and it costs a lot for an attack in addition to all the donations. If the attack is pointless it's just a waste of resources I could be using elsewhere.

I am a higher level and it costs a lot for an attack in addition to all the donations. If the attack is pointless it's just a waste of resources I could be using elsewhere.

Thats what I'm saying. You higher level guys go above and beyond to help out the lower guys. If they're not going to take it even a little bit seriously then they shouldn't use up your resources and at least help you guys out with some scouting runs.

The requirements for the clan are super simple. Use your attacks and put in a little effort. If people can't do either then it just hurts the clan as a whole.

We just went to war against a "casual clan", and wiped our asses with them.

If people are looking to join that type of clan, there are plenty to choose from. However, I agree that we could see a point in some battles where we're just "running up the score" and make some concessions for people who want to skip battles, try experimental stuff, etc.

I thought it was great that we had this last one in the bag enough for, for example, Q34 to take a crack at jumping up to attack their #6 guy. That was pretty cool. And adds fun to the game.

Also, IMO I get if someone has an occasional reason to skip a battle. But purposeful desertion during a war with two battles still left to fight? Why even bother coming back to comment after that? I don't think it's appropriate to bitch about it not being as "friendly" a clan as you'd like after you give us all a huge "f--- you" right to our faces.

Last edited:
Thats what I'm saying. You higher level guys go above and beyond to help out the lower guys. If they're not going to take it even a little bit seriously then they shouldn't use up your resources and at least help you guys out with some scouting runs.

The requirements for the clan are super simple. Use your attacks and put in a little effort. If people can't do either then it just hurts the clan as a whole.

We just went to war against a "casual clan", and wiped our asses with them.

If people are looking to join that type of clan, there are plenty to choose from. However, I agree that we could see a point in some battles where we're just "running up the score" and make some concessions for people who want to skip battles, try experimental stuff, etc.

Agree.

It's pretty pointless for me to spend, say 400,000 elixir on a second attack that isn't even needed when the total war bonus is much less than that, and I've already spent at least as much on troop donation. It's just common sense.

War is a guaranteed loss for me, I'm just doing it for fun, hope it can stay that way.

Agree.

It's pretty pointless for me to spend, say 400,000 elixir on a second attack that isn't even needed when the total war bonus is much less than that, and I've already spent at least as much on troop donation. It's just common sense.

War is a guaranteed loss for me, I'm just doing it for fun, hope it can stay that way.

This war I came out about +500K gold, -500K elixir, and about even on DE. But... not only would losing suck loot-wise...

The loot isn't real but I bet the way those TUROK guys felt when we handed them that ass whoopin was pretty real.

I'd rather be on the clan that dishes those out. If it takes getting a bit serious, I'm all for that. I've been on a few dipshit, disorganized clans. No thanks.

Serious business in here! Mick is like a Russian officer mowing down his own men.

I would think some slack would be given since it was not a war on our normal schedule and not everyone was necessarily on board with the weekday war. BUT it's also true that it wasn't their first time breaking the cardinal rule, so I get it.

But purposeful desertion during a war with two battles still left to fight? Why even bother coming back to comment after that? I don't think it's appropriate to bitch about it not being as "friendly" a clan as you'd like after you give us all a huge "f--- you" right to our faces.

My hand was forced when an irl friend was kicked out of the clan for a bullshit reason, I'm not exactly going to side with some randoms on the internet over a mate am I.

Best of luck to you guys any way. If any one wants to join a friendly clan with 40 or so members that wars a couple of times a week for the lulz drop me a pm.

My hand was forced when an irl friend was kicked out of the clan for a bullshit reason, I'm not exactly going to side with some randoms on the internet over a mate am I.

XTXx00K.gif

Best of luck to you guys any way. If any one wants to join a friendly clan with 40 or so members that wars a couple of times a week for the lulz drop me a pm.

Hardly a bullshit reason when its the only rule we really have.

Good luck with your clan.

To be fair I was under the impression this was just going to be a friendly Sherdog clan, I didn't realise you were looking to go pro.
I kind of thought so too. My girlfriend was in town and I missed one attack besides this rescheduled one from what I remember. Work has been brutal lately though so maybe I missed another one. Fuck it, I guess it was fun playing with y'all.
Serious business in here! Mick is like a Russian officer mowing down his own men.

I would think some slack would be given since it was not a war on our normal schedule and not everyone was necessarily on board with the weekday war. BUT it's also true that it wasn't their first time breaking the cardinal rule, so I get it.

I didn't even know I missed the weekday war, I went to attack and saw I wasn't in the clan anymore.

This is my school of thought. It was our first mid week war, so I'd exercise a little leniency for newcomers. I'd also recommend allowing some discretion during blowouts for our high level guys so it's not a wash for them. Besides that, we are casual clan 6 days a week, and hardcore for 1. If you know ahead of time that you won't be able to participate, let people know and the clan can plan accordingly. That's pretty much the only rule we have and Mick has gone out of his way to make sure people know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back