News Claressa Shields Will Fully Expose MMA For What It Is

This was glorious to read in the sports headlines this morning karma

Her Twitter is protected now. I wonder if it's in response to this or something previous?
That is such a bad look for the person that calls themselves "the greatest of all time". You need thicker skin than that if you are going to say such things. Not even Jon Jones, a complete diva who bickers with basement dwellers, has put his twitter on private. Interesting that she put Twitter on private then takes her first professional L in years.....hopefully she does not go off the deep end like Ronda or Page.

jackson-rampage-arrest-cour-400.jpg

I like Claressa. I think from her vlog she is a really nice person. Early losses in an MMA career don't mean that much in the long term. Of course she has to transition and there is a long transition process and other people are much further ahead of her. But she can still do good things. Of course there was a bit too much fanfare surrounding her coming into the sport but I also don't want to hold her accountable to just pure hype, treat her like any other prospect of the sport.

She isn’t good. Weak wrestling. Vast majority of submission grapplers will destroy her. She is to old to get “good” at grappling. Sure she can pick up many things, but she will never compare to a woman who’s been grappling for 15-20years. Boxing in mma can easily be countered by closing the distance. One trick ponies only get so far. If she was a one trick pony grappler she would get further. But she isn’t.

She isn’t good. Weak wrestling. Vast majority of submission grapplers will destroy her. She is to old to get “good” at grappling. Sure she can pick up many things, but she will never compare to a woman who’s been grappling for 15-20years. Boxing in mma can easily be countered by closing the distance. One trick ponies only get so far. If she was a one trick pony grappler she would get further. But she isn’t.
Lol. She doesn’t have to become a good grappler, she has to develop a good anti-grappling, spiral and brawl style. CroCop did it, and he was already much older than Shields is now when he transitioned to mma.

Boxing is shit and this girl should go back to beat soccer moms at her shitty sport.

Wasn't this girl talking about wanting to fight Amanda? That would have been an execution.

images

it just proves that boxing belts don't mean anything in MMA, it's literally another sport.

I would say that for a pure striker it is very difficult to adapt to the mma, Izzy is a miracle because he has divine TDD and understood how to defend against Wrestlers.
Boxing is a bad base for MMA. Kick-boxing is much better and Muay Thai is the best striking base for MMA as it has all of it’s elements except for ground game

Last edited:

20210930051227_1I4A6281.JPG

a world class elite level boxer losing to a 21 girl whos smaller both in size and in experience
should tell how severely limited boxing is.
mma> boxing

The ref really wanted to kick that decision into the long grass lol - intelligent defence: helplessly throw up your hips, & failing your arms while having blows rained in on your head

Lol. She doesn’t have to become a good grappler, she has to develop a good anti-grappling, spiral and brawl style. CroCop did it, and he was already much older than Shields is now when he transitioned to mma.

first off, no he wasn't. he had his first mma fight when he was 27 or 28, she's 26.

he was a kickboxer and understood the range of kicking, clinching with knees, etc much better than her

he also had ko power in his hands and feet and his main weapon was kicking which helped him keep range even though you can get taken down off of a kick

he also started his career in a ring and was able to kick people in the face when they hit the mat

shields did land some good punches on montes but was not able to hurt her really

not only that, it looks like montes has only fought at 145 prior to this and shields had 4 inches of height and it looked like quite a bit of weight on her as well

she still struggled to keep montes off of her and was about to get finished at the end of the 3rd

things dont look good at all for her mma career, don't be suprised if she doesnt fight mma many more times after this

She needs to take the sport seriously. She needs to train with people that beat her up at least on the ground and wrestling. She is very strong but her fight IQ isn't there. She is too stubborn and doesn't break the clinch or tries to take the other person down. She also showed no idea how to escape side control or mount.

dude do you think people at jackson wink are taking it easy on her?

most likely we will never know how her sparring goes but I bet she does get beat up. she's just not that talented at any aspect of mma and at the same time, she landed clean punches on this little girl who it looks like was fighting a weight class up and usually fights at 145 and she couldn't really hurt her

I could be wrong but it doesnt look like she will have a long career in mma

most likely we will never know how her sparring goes but I bet she does get beat up. she's just not that talented at any aspect of mma and at the same time, she landed clean punches on this little girl who it looks like was fighting a weight class up and usually fights at 145 and she couldn't really hurt her

If her training was anything like what she was doing with Jon, Michelle and Holly, which is dancing for IG then maybe she wasn't training that hard to begin with? Either way, we won't know like you said. How can you really call Abigail a little girl though? She's most definitely stronger than Clarissa despite her being slightly shorter. She was all over Clarissa on the ground and overall out muscled her most of the fight.

You can tell they are going easy on her. Somewhere along the line she thought she was a wrestler too. She wouldn't go for takedowns in a fight unless she found some success in the gym. What did she do when she got mounted or under under control? If they went hard on her; her response will be totally different instead of constantly going into the fire where she can be taken out of her element.

You can tell they are going easy on her. Somewhere along the line she thought she was a wrestler too. She wouldn't go for takedowns in a fight unless she found some success in the gym. What did she do when she got mounted or under under control? If they went hard on her; her response will be totally different instead of constantly going into the fire where she can be taken out of her element.

lol you can tell they were going easy on her? why would they do that? what purpose would that serve?

I think she did those things because she has no mma fight i.q and she panicked while getting beat up and being mounted

you're just making more excuses for her

If her training was anything like what she was doing with Jon, Michelle and Holly, which is dancing for IG then maybe she wasn't training that hard to begin with? Either way, we won't know like you said. How can you really call Abigail a little girl though? She's most definitely stronger than Clarissa despite her being slightly shorter. She was all over Clarissa on the ground and overall out muscled her most of the fight.

she's atleast 4 inches shorter than her and 5 years younger

she also fought at 135 and 145 before this fight

she did handle shields and its a bad omen for her future in mma

also, do you think that's all they did? dance on IG? dude, does any mma fighter record and post all of their bag work, conditioning, drilling, sparring, etc?

you really think she's at a camp that has produced world champs and many other good fighters and she wasn't really training hard?

shes also a world champ in another sport and knows how hard you have to work to succeed

of course she's training hard, she just got handled, she's not naturally talented at mma and she couldnt ko her young opponent

she showed a little bit of take down defense and ground defense, she landed a good shot in the 3rd but couldn't follow up or finish her

this is against someone who is very new to fighting and not a striker

like I said, dont be suprised if shields doesnt fight mma for a very long time and doesnt fight mma much at all after this

Back