clam guard???

i heard that BJ Penn will be unvailing some Clam Guard on Sean Sherk this weekend

Clam Guard sounds like a brand name prophylactic.

I was thinking this thread would be more in lines of a chastity belt

the clam guard is NOT new.

Several different variations of this guard including the oyster and mussel guards can ALSO be found in old Judo newaza.

Besides, any good purple belt will crack these guards, no problem. Its best to stick to the basics.

the clam guard is NOT new.

Several different variations of this guard including the oyster and mussel guards can ALSO be found in old Judo newaza.

Besides, any good purple belt will crack these guards, no problem. Its best to stick to the basics.

That's not what Rickson said about clam guard, and you're way off with the judo comment.

It actually originates from catch wrestling but was tossed away because of how uneffective it was until a catch wrestler taught a seminar in Panama to BMA_Mat. He worked tirelessly in perfecting this guard and in turn showed Todd the many intricacies within the clam guard.

Today, disciples of the clam guard can be seeing pulling clam guard and armbarring, hanging out in a place called triangle heaven as well as working on improving their grip strength in their downtime.

clam guard.. sounds like a breath mint made especially for rinsing out your mouth after eating a chick out.

That's not what Rickson said about clam guard, and you're way off with the judo comment.

It actually originates from catch wrestling but was tossed away because of how uneffective it was until a catch wrestler taught a seminar in Panama to BMA_Mat. He worked tirelessly in perfecting this guard and in turn showed Todd the many intricacies within the clam guard.

Today, disciples of the clam guard can be seeing pulling clam guard and armbarring, hanging out in a place called triangle heaven as well as working on improving their grip strength in their downtime.

actually word on the street is that todd does not even use the guard anymore. he submits you on your feet , STANDING via wrist locks and gi chokes that even steven seagal would wet his pants over.

Wow, can't believe some of you guys have heard about this already. I've spent the last year and a half developing the clam guard. It's something I came up with because I am a skinny weak bastard and my guard would get passed at will by, well, pretty much anybody. You will all get to see it soon, I cut a deal with Victory Publishing and my book will be out in a few months, Mastering the Clam Guard. I'm also in the post-editing stage of the instructional DVD, which will also have footage of me pulling pranks on friends and family, as well as some music videos of mine.

you need to be a female to use the clam guard

Totally incorrect. You have to be a female to use the BEARDED Clam guard, which is simply a variation of the more male friendly, and original, Clam Guard.

If you wiggle just a little for a sustained amount of time the clam guard opens right up, so I don't consider it very useful against more experienced players.

Just so you guys know, you have to have GREAT core strength and GOOD grip to pull off the Clam guard, despite its crazy effectiveness.

It's kind of the opposite of the rubber guard, which requires crazy flexibility to play. Supposedly the clam guard can be played by anyone as long as they have crushing, Todd-like grip strength. The clam is not good for sweeps, but it's excellent for breaking your opponent down, controlling him, and submitting him.

i heard that BJ Penn will be unvailing some Clam Guard on Sean Sherk this weekend

I hear BJ has a move he calls the Hawaiian Clam Shanker that he's planning on finishing Sherk with. It might just be a rumor though. -ken

Back