clam guard???

pride-jitsu

White Belt
Reaction score
is there such a thing? a couple guys i train with says this guard is going to explode soon. one of the guys just picked it up from Brazil. wtf? they show and train this guard in private, for now, with the instructors....? anyone have a clue? they did say this is the guard nullifies a guy who uses a lot of strength.

No fucking idea, but it sounds like something I want to train in for the rest of my life.

yes
its when you clam up and bore the opponent to death...

honestly.. no idea..

Yeah, funny you mention this. I just started working on this recently when it was brought to my attention by a friend that was staying in Rondonia.

IMO it's a little bit complicated, but I couldn't argue with the results I was watching it produce. Definitely seems like a ridiculously sick tool to have in your game once you get it down.

Yeah, funny you mention this. I just started working on this recently when it was brought to my attention by a friend that was staying in Rondonia.

IMO it's a little bit complicated, but I couldn't argue with the results I was watching it produce. Definitely seems like a ridiculously sick tool to have in your game once you get it down.

see!!! i'm not crazy...

It's so special because it nullifies people who use strength?

Pretty much every other kind of guard can be used to reverse a guy who is muscling you as well.

haha i had to google Rondonia, just to make sure.

Basic premise of this delicious when fried guard?

fuck that, open guard/closed guard for the win. Can't argue with whats been tried and tested.

Pretty much every other kind of guard can be used to reverse a guy who is muscling you as well.

Yeah right, have you tried the mount guard? It's the best for allowing your opponent to use strength and be completely offensive. It's easy to play. The grips are a little complicated, but you grab both lapels and fall to your back with both legs flat on the mat and pull your opponent up as high on your torso as humanly possible.

Yeah we recently started doing this at our gym. It's unbelievable how effective it is, expect BJJ to be revolutionzed. Learn this fast because you will see clam guard pros in comps VERY SOON.

We've been practicing this one at my gym for a few months now. I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it revolutionary, but it's definitely great for little guys to use when facing bigger, stronger opponents.

We've been practicing this one at my gym for a few months now. I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it revolutionary, but it's definitely great for little guys to use when facing bigger, stronger opponents.

Is anybody going to attempt to explain WTF the clam guard is....or is this just a joke? :icon_conf

Back